1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, have done the same now.

Got the Gold Rush edition coming tomorrow, not really a fan of the Battlefield games but it was the cheapest bundle.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Not sure where you got that information from, all versions of the game are the same. No enhanced version exists.

3. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
  4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

Keitosha likes this.

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Loving the backward compatibility already, RDR1 looks how a PC port would have looked, other than the framerate cap though.

I can see the assets have dated, but it cleans up so well.

Only complaint, the dashboard UI is sluggish.

Edit: I have another one now, no bitstreaming of audio.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    SerotoNiN likes this.
  6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

Keitosha and XP-200 like this.
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^WOW!!......that Bc game is better than some so called remasters, who do they have working on these BC games, wizards and sorcerers. lol

Keitosha and serbicu like this.
  8. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I need something new to play. I'm mulling over MK11, but in the meantime, anyone have any suggestions? I see Monster Hunter is on gamepass now, how's that?

I'd really like a solid story-rpg in the vein of Final Fantasy. I beat FF15 and have been craving something ....better...since. Looked great, worst story of the franchise imo. Anything on Xbox I can give a shot?

9. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Has anyone played MK11 on XBX? I have read the frame rate on PC flips between 30/60 and was wondering if it was possibly smoother on x1x, seeing as some developers put more tlc in consoles.

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Yeah i tried this when it got the enhanced treatment and it looks just stunning, BC team just knocking these BC enhanced games out of the park, and have been trying to start hitting my Bc library but then gamepass came along and gave me both Wolfenstein games, so i am running through the first one at present.......too many games. lol

Keitosha and serbicu like this.
  12. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It looks great, wonder if MS need to run it past the publishers beforehand as many may have an HD remake that looks the same and they plan on charging for it.

As a PC gamer I'm less enthusiast about this game and other multi plats, really want Bad Company added as the game looks rough even on a 1080p TV.
    Wouldn't mind COD3, the older Fight Night games and maybe Top Spin.

Oh, and how much do I wish MGS4 was on the 360 now.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I saw special edtion "godzilla" theme systems It was almost enough for me to say I will buy one, then I came to my senses

14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I got about half of them disc, and nice to see most of the Rare Replay later titles getting the 4k treatment, B&K Nuts and bolts is going to look great in 4k enhanced.

Keitosha likes this.

16. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Anyone else think the X is better than the 360 when I comes to non X enhanced titles?

If not, then my eyes must be getting worse.

Just that I stuck in Project Dark Zero after hearing a out the X Enhanced patch, and while I didn't think it was amazing I did think the aliasing was much reduced.

I then closed it down and after doing the button combo to show X Enhanced, it said it wasn't :rolleyes:

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    You are not wrong, the software that the BC team use not only runs the games but adds stuff to improve their look and stability, so they are doing with software a better job with bc than if the actual hardware was in the machine running the games, so what you get are quite a few added improvements on normal bc games, then you get the full X enhanced games versions, which i think PDZ is one of, also PD, and all the Banjo games, and all the Viva pinta games, and Rare's Kameo...........assuming the updates are live.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  18. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It definitely makes 720p games easier on the eyes.

Assuming no more BC also means no more X Enhanced patches. I was hoping for Bad Company since it never got a PC version, but i still think EA is blocking enhanced patches incase they want to release a HD remaster.

The patches for the Rare games were not live last night, will check again now.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    The BC team are now moving over onto the next upcoming xbox, so from day one, all the games you have now, xbox one, xbox X enhanced, xbox 360, xbox 360 enhanced, original xbox game enhanced or not, all will be there for you from day one, and the BC programe will continue to add from were it left off on the xbox.

But you still get your two free xbox 360 BC games to keep every month as well. :)

20. las

las Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti @ 2+ GHz
    Current console have a huge CPU bottleneck, which is why we're seeing 30 (often with dips) in pretty much all demanding AAA games.

Zen 2 will be a nice for next gen. Consoles will then get decent CPU power instead of ULTRA-LOW-END.

30 fps destroys immersion completely for me.