1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Is there a sign-up or anything for the Project Cloud beta? Asking for a friend, of course.

2. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I felt they were behind for not offering it this gen the way playstation did. Sony just never bothered to do much with controller support so it was a lot of great stuff that ended up unplayable on a touch screen...like, a lot of people probably aren't even aware sony released their streaming, PS4 Remote Play, to ios now (android for some time). I have it on my phone. Works great. But, no controller support, so...it's like..why did you guys do all this work, get this far ahead and then stop short at how we can actually enjoy this? Vita was the only way it worked great, but then you're lagging another device everywhere and becoming Adam Sandler.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I remember trying the PS4 streaming link with the vita and it was just horrible, the latencey was just terrible and that was within the house over the same network, was hoping for some Driveclub on the throne, ended up with Drivethroughmud as that is how the control's felt, plus also tried the PSnow 14 day trail with MS apocalypse,which was basically a bump from side to side simulator, then when it did work ok it turned into Driveclub Minecraft detail wise with artifacts, so i am on the fence with these steaming things until i try them first hand, but so far they have not worked, so we shall see with inStadia and MS shot at it.

4. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    You must have tried it in 2014/2015? It's come a long way. I've been able to play via WAN pretty stutter and pixel corruption free. It's just the lack of controller..

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Borderlands 2 and TPS 4k HDR Ultra patch is now up. :)

Looks stunning in 4k HDR, so sharp it could cut you in half. ha

Keitosha and GetMax like this.
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    What's TPS again?

The Mrs is getting her bonus next week and getting herself a new laptop, but also asked if wanted an X1X :)

Tested The Game Pass trial and while not very good value on the PC, it looks great for the Xbox

Keitosha likes this.
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Borderlands The Pre Sequal....it looks fantastic on the XBX and PC in 4k, although HDR on the XBX version just tips it over for the XBX.

Keitosha likes this.
  8. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    Got The Handsome Collection on XB1X (already got all the BL games with all DLC on Steam) and also love it. I'm not sure "BL1 GOTY Enhanched" is on XB1 as well as "Tales from the Borderlands", but planning on getting BL3 on XB1 and Steam in 2020.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    XP-200 likes this.
  9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^It is on the XBone too, GOTY enhanced editon, £30 for us here in the UK.

Keitosha likes this.
  10. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    Cool, maybe for later. Got the enhanced edition for free on Steam due to having the GOTY version already. Got it for a few €'s years ago.

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Thanks, I should have guessed.

Further down the line features for me, still 1080/SDR at the moment. That will change this year though.

12. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Xbox Game Pass is worthless if PC-only. TONS of value if XBX. I'm proof. Bought for PC, not even 10 games. But kept it for GOW4, Horizon 4, etc. Got XBX...haven't had to purchase a game since...this back cat is crazy.

13. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Even more worthless for me as i already had GOW4.

Only signed up to try out State of Decay and Crackdown, but as per wifey warning "just like Disney Life, you know you are going to forget to cancel that before the end of the trial period" I did forget.

Using it on the PC is just a tangling carrot to temp you into an X1X as you let's you see what you could play.

Looking forward to getting it though, as much as I love tweaking/mods etc... I just get carried away and it eats away at 99% of my gaming time.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Yeah, your wife and my wife sound alike in that respect lol. And I did the same thing and forgot to cancel after free month. Played Halo 5 or whatever it is...infinite? The latest one, with xbox game pass, as well as an old tecmo football remake for 360 that's in the back log. That alone is worth it for me. But yeah....what a middle finger to PC-only gamers. Absolutely worthless only on PC. Hopefully they fix that. Though honestly, I just want streaming from a mobile device with controller support. Ala iphone, etc.Hoping X1X users can take advantage of this sooner and this generation as a beta of sorts for the next gen.

Redemption80 likes this.
  15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm not sure they can fix it, it would have to be agreed by the publisher and probably Valve who would also want a cut of the monthly fees.

Streaming isn't something I'm that into, but I do like the idea in the future I could be travelling with just a controller and log onto my account via a smart phone or TV app and pick up where I left off on my console at home

Keitosha likes this.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    SerotoNiN and Keitosha like this.
  17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    New subscribers only?

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Should work for everyone,i don't see anything about new subs or gold accounts only, plus i just finished a 2 month for 2 quid this week and started this one yesterday 10 mins after i posted it here, cracking deal. :)

Keitosha likes this.
  19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    Got GTA5 Premium Online Edition (new name for more milking?) for €15. From what I've read this version has XB1X enhancements while the "normal" GTA5 has not. In which the latter is also €15 lol.

XP-200 likes this.
  20. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Mine ended several days ago, I don't do auto pay. For reasons like this. I've been a gamepass member for months. Just re-upped, got the $14.99 deal for 3 months. Turning off auto-payment has it's benefits.