The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well i managed to pick up a XBX today for the grand total of £379 new and delivered as they were being sold as box damaged but unopened and new inside by Curry's on their ebay site, they had 40 going and they all went in a few moments and i can tell you i was sweating they would all go before i got my payment details in. lol

But i snagged one thankfully, and i can trade in my XBO S for £130 cash, making the XBX £250, which i am happy with. :) I love me bargains. lol

Redemption80 likes this.
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Four xbox 360 games got XBX enhanced yesterday, they were Fable, The Witcher, Forza Horizon and, wait for it, Crackdown, yes Crackdown is now BC on the XBO one and enhanced on the X, and on the XBX these games look simply stunning on a 4k TV, so now the original 360 FH now looks almost like FH 2 XBO version, and via another update you can now chose between graphics improvments or performence, which is a really nice feature, so XBX owners getting some extra BC love from MS is very good news indeed, and i have no idea how they are doing it but long may it continue.

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    If they put as much effort into creating new games as they do resurrecting old ones they'd be in a far better position than are now, such a waste of good hardware.

BangTail likes this.
  4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Oh i can't really grumble, as the consumer i am loving the fact MS are having to fight hard to keep me happy with stuff like BC, XBX enhanced, EA access, gamepass, crossbuy with XBO/W10, and 4k optical media support, all in one package, i love it, so long may MS continue to be the underdog because at this point they are almost paying me to be gold. lol

5. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, unfortunately I'm in the negative camp as well where the XB1X is concerned, the hardware is impressive, the exclusives just aren't there and I'm not really interested in going back and playing remasters of old games, as Anxious Fox said, it is a terrible waste of such a good piece of hardware.

MS had better get their act together because the PS4 already has excellent exclusives like Horizon and Uncharted 4 out there and with games like Last of Us 2, Days Gone and many others on the way, MS has an uphill battle on it's hands.

I'm not on either side, I own both, but it is not looking good for MS in the long run.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^What do you think of the FH and Crackdown 4k updates, amazing right, can't wait for Crackdown 3, i love me some orb hunting. lol

7. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I am looking forward to Crackdown 3 and I just picked up Crackdown as it is a really good game :p

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Oh you are treat, wait until you see it in 4k with the new update, makes hunting those last 134 orbs a joy. Ha

9. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    They really needed a killer exclusive game to come out with this system's debut to show off it's muscle. Dropped the ball on that opportunity imo.

PowerK and anxious_f0x like this.
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I fired up Crackdown last night to give it a quick try before bed, 3 hours later i passed my 400th orb, 4k orb hunting is so much fun, and it has only helped to increase my OCD on these bloody orbs. lol
    I hope the sequal will also follow at some point, and PGR3 and 4, and forza motorsport and F2, i have them all just waiting to go, i yes, am getting greedy now, i want more. lol

11. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    2x TITAN Xp SLI
    I agree. It seems that the lack of killer exclusives makes MS focus on backward compatibility.

12. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Well I was just about to pull the trigger on a xbox 1 x but they were asking 1k for it at walmart, whats up with that?!

Already own a 55"Lg 4k 2160p tv and a regular xbox 1 is it worth it making the jump to scorpio? We also have a dedicated gaming pc in my daughters room so I dont know?

Retail says $500 Dollars on x model so maybe I will check elsewere.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I personally am over the moon with the XBX, but i would never pay that amount of money, what is the RRP over there, $499, where are they getting 1k from, that is madness, possibly you can look around online for a cheaper option, i know i got mine for £80 cheaper than the RRP over here which brought it down to £370 because the box was damaged but the console itself was new and in perfect condition, plus i got another £140 cash for my XBO slim in trade, so that brought my cash pay out for a XBX to £230, which was a steal. :)

On the question is it worth the move, well again personally i am very happy with it, GOW 4 in full 4k with HDR is almost a work of art, really is stunning to see, same with FH3, and again with Forza 7, and that is just the few 4k HDR games is own at this time, there are the plethora of 4k enhanced games and all the BC games that are also enhanced for the XBX, AND it does not end there, every game i have played on the XBX just seems to run and look better, i have yet to find a negative to moving from the XBO S to XBX unless you count spending £230 to move from a slim, which i don't, well worth that money, but the console just feels and looks like a premium product alround.

Now that is just my opinion, but i really am enjoying it, and having just bought a 55in 4k HDR tv at xmas i have just hit my console gaming sweet spot, but i can guarantee you when you fire up a full 4k HDR game like GOW4 on your 55in 4k HDR TV you will be in no doubt you are looking at 4k HDR, and the same when you fire up a BC xbox 360 game that has been enhanced. ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
  15. GetMax

GetMax Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070
    Is that deal only in the UK store? Gold?Titanfall 2 costs 30 € here in Sweden :(

Love my XBX

16. GetMax

GetMax Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070
    Tried purchasing it from the link above but no luck with a Swedish CC, ofcourse

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Is the CC on your xbox account?

Or could you by a gift card from say amazon and use it to by the game that way.

18. GetMax

GetMax Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070
    I do have a CC on my account but UK is preselect and greyed out as country on Xbox GB. My CC doesn’t show up there. It’s not as cheap on amazon. I’ll just wait for a Gold deal here. Currently playing Kindom Come and Battlefront 2 on the X. Will keep me occupied for a while :)

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well when you do get it you are in for a treat, i just fired it up and the visual are just jaw dropping, stunning to say the least.

Is this game not also on EA access, you could grab a cheap code and try it that way. ;)

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Doom 2016 gets the long awaited 4k patch today, XBX and PS Pro owners get a nice little treat today as Doom is patched to 4k sweetness. :)

This is one of my games i have sitting unplayed but this will give me the incentive seeing as i just completed the awesome Titanfall 2 and that game was simply jaw dropping in 4k.