The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    I noticed that on my Google daily feed. Looks like a speaker to me. The funny thing is it actually makes the Series X look stunning.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^The Series X is supposed to be $499, and considing the XBX was £430 at launch in 2017 that is a lot of oomph for your cash, so it looks like my trusty XBX will be getting boxed up and traded in soon, as they are doing £180 cash for the XBX a CEX at the moment, so i am going to grab that before the price drops with too many trading them in, so a XS for £320 actual cash is a no brainer, assuming $ to £ is still one for one. lol

4. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080

XP-200 likes this.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Wow!...RT done in the XBX, colour me suprised, very nice.

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Running @ 15 - 20 fps. Not even worth bothering.

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    SerotoNiN likes this.
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    am shocked by this too. if I was ask if RT would ever be on those current gen consoles I would said no cpu way under powered, then again it is on pro/x verisons current gen dont, the suped up verison of it current gen does

pharma likes this.
  9. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Agreed. Consoles will still have different budgets/optimizations than gpu's so the game will look different on their respective platforms, but it's a good step forward.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  12. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I don't get the concern. You'd think they never made a game for PC before where they have to consider hundreds of different gpu and cpu configurations....as well as ram, os, storage, resolution....All I see is Microsoft taking a PC approach to their consoles. Will games not look much different this coming gen? Probably. But to complain about having to consider different closed environments when making a game seems lazy/silly. PC is still the hardest to develop for again, with so many configurations to consider. Having say, 5 consoles to have consider seems like nothing in comparison, especially when it's set hardware. And as far as pushing boundaries, please. Devs would love to sit on the same engine that requires the same man-power for as long as possible. I don't buy the PR bull crap about "we want to push the boundaries as far as possible". That costs additional money. Right now, next gen is looking to be $10 more a game. You keep using an existing engine from current gen that is bumped up to 4k and then scaled down on each existing console, with some LOD scaling ....you just made millions of dollars in additional revenue. I'm getting too old to buy these guys garbage quotes lol. Square has already said they will be doing this, using their Luminous engine that was "too held back for xbox one/ps4". Saves them money making a completely new engine or having to license one like UE4, they know what man power they need to make a game, they are familiar with it. It's smart business.

signex, XP-200 and Undying like this.
  13. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    From what I understand Dev's have memory budgets which they apply optimizations to hit certain performance targets. In this case you have 2 different memory budgets and most devs will likely target the lessor memory target for both boxes to reduce a boatload of optimizations, hence resulting in "unused" memory that could still be used on the premium box.

signex and SerotoNiN like this.
  14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Just the usual click bait nonsense titled article no doubt filled with embellished and out of context quotes in the hope of getting the hardware warriors to come rushing to the site and increase the traffic, you will see a lot of it up until the launch as these consoles are a hot topic right now......next week's article will read Sony's PS5 and how it might and could kill kittens if it topples onto them from 300 feet. Lol

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    signex, liluglymane and SerotoNiN like this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont get there 2 diffrent memory bandwidth 10gb/6gb and 8gb/2gb have different bandwidth approach seem like stupid way to handicap your system.

Memory dont work like on pc all system/gpu memory run the same bandwidth last i checked?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    Loobyluggs likes this.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

Really good performance for backwards compatibility games

Keitosha and signex like this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Bonus for MS they embrace BC and allow it unlike sony who dont and rather resale the games as remasters

XP-200, Keitosha and signex like this.
  18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Im so stunned how incredibly fast the Ps5 sold out. So far Xbox is going to be the better choice in my opinion.
    Im waiting it out till both are released and see how the Series S compares to the Series X.
    So far the Xbox is still available unlike Ps5, im not gonna wait for months till they're available again.
    There are already ads online from People selling their preorder for profit, disguisting...

Loobyluggs and Keitosha like this.
  20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Well, people haven't spent as much this year on other stuff (for a multitude of compounded reasons) and this has led to a very unpredictable value-shift for consumers. As for the "S" model sales numbers...this has done nothing but prove MS wrong, as, they could have NOT created the "S" in response to Sony's "Digital Edition" and; made a lot of cash.

This was a difficult call for them, and I do commend the effort to release the "S" as a knee-jerk reaction to Sony - but they could have made more cash by focusing themselves, and; created a more dedicated perception in the eyes of potential customers, instead of (very clearly) making potential customers with a lot of doubts over the direction MS is going to go.

Doesn't the "S" look a little bit too similar to the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, that came out in May last year?

Other than the design of the XBSX - I think MS got the specifications right this time around, other than NOT using full-bandwidth HDMI 2.1; which is really what they should have done with the XB1.

The XB1...jeez that was a bad choice for them, with SIX variants (not even counting the varaints with different HDD's in them!)...which is the major problem for potential customers as mentioned, as it shows a lack of dedication and focus.

The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition got it the worst though, as it was discontinued 14 months after it was released (July this year).

So yeah, I just think they should have committed themselves to one design and one version, with no tap-dancing around the technology for no good reason (as proven by the sales numbers).

Their sales numbers are good - and that's the problem!