The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    They probably got a new Forza up their sleeve i think , but are afraid to show it , because it will loose momentum, since Sony's linup will be much better.
    This kinda hurts their presentation though, it kinda felt like a nintendo direct, done by Microsoft.

Not one game was show where i was like damn, that looks something i want to play. I think phill spencer should be replaced so gaming can peak again on xbox.

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well, they will have a second event showing what Xbox studios are working on, so that should be more interesting and hopefully have more actual gameplay in it. This one was just a trailer compilation for third party games…

I hope that, they will stick to releasing all MS studios games on Windows too and are not gonna pull some Xbox exclusivity bullcrap like before.

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The problem is that Microsoft doesn't have that many big IP's other than Halo and Forza, that I can think of. Having said that console launches are always boring, hardware aside.

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    They have bought a bunch of studios to remedy that problem, so that will be interesting to see in the next presentation video.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Aye, it will. I thought the games shown yesterday were a refreshing change. Oh, and Destiny 2 has been announced for both the next gen consoles. Will it be free?

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    As long as i have all my present games come with me to the new console, and a new Forza, FH and Gears say every 18 months, and back compat starts up again, i am sorted on the next xbox console....can't wait.....wish they would dip their toes in VR though, Forza games with VR support would be fantastic, and it does not need to be just on the console, they could add WMR support for present Forza W10 games, you hear me MS, get it done. lol

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Apple is the to same. They (dont't) seem to like VR.

Microsoft has a shares invested in Apple.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Man, that was a lackluster showing. Visually, looks current-gen. None of the games looked very fun. I didn't see any of this innovation that's being touted with newer technology that's "only available on Xbox Series X". I'm started to think my original assumption is true. This gen of games will look almost identical to last gen, but in 4k with a small amount of higher detail and lod. I'm sure the games will mature in a few years and they'll get something better out of it. But...this all looked like the same old sh*t. A lot of horror stuff too, which I'm not really into. I hope PS5 has a better showing of games.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Scorn looks next gen. 4 years in the making. Plus it's PC/Xbox only. Reportedly running at 4k/60.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I'm honestly not sure I want either console at this point, sold my Xbox One X, barely touched my PS4 Pro in the last couple of years and I'm not seeing a lot to convince me to get either the Xbox Series X or the PS5.

Not really interested in playing the same games gen after gen anymore with higher resolutions.

Serotonin likes this.
  13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Hard to determine what it looked like or played like since all that was shown was a cinematic trailer.

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Same here. Might be my age. Might be my age and the game industries age. But it all feels like "been there, done that". I'm playing a remake of a 23 year old game I played back in high school on my ps4 pro currently. Thats the state of gaming.

I'll accept minimal graphic advances this gen of it can still deliver new gaming experiences. But it seems everyone is going the way of Nintendo with milking franchises with minimal changes every gen.

serbicu and anxious_f0x like this.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Scorn was in-game. I've seen footage of the same trailer a month or so ago, which showed a little bit more exploration.

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Ah, well that's good. Game doesn't look like my thing. But the graphics did look nice then.

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Serotonin likes this.
  19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I noticed that all the games shown on the Series X thus far show signs of micro sturrering. The ascent is a good example. When textures need to load it stutters like it can't keep up. Maybe this was what Mark Carney was talking about with their SSD and load times?

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The stuttering was probably because all the games were running on a PC, I don't think any of them claimed they were running on the Series X.

I'm glad I didn't know it was happening and didn't watch it live as that was quite sh1te. They can't even claim the win by default over Sony as nothing was console footage.

Ignoring the negatives, I did hear that 4k/60 is now considered base and even that Dirt was targeting 120fps which changes my opinion as it looked quite old in comparison.

serbicu likes this.