The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Bought CODMW for my One X, and wow the difference is night and day. It's a lot sharper and detailed vs PS4 Pro.
    But the performance is pretty disappointing. :( It drops alot, while the Pro is 60fps all the way.

Does microsoft does this or something? Performance seems far more important then native 4K imo.

2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Xbox is trash without freesync2 hdr with lfc support monitor. That is the harsh truth. If you cannot really compensate for such low frames, feel free to vomit.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not really what he was asking was it?

I don't have the game but i watched Digital Foundry cover this in a video a few months back and they had the same result. Think it would need to be the devs who would need to fix it.

Saying that it would be nice if MS updated the OS so we could force lower resolutions without downsampling.

4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    If you have the proper monitor you do not care for FPS drops either. I gave the true answer from experience with playing hundreds games in xboxonex. Since console is built for 30 fps in mind whether we like it or not, we shouldn't live begging for 60. Devs don't care. I recall the best examples from all games, are Fallout series, ESO and Skyrim. All are quite easily achieving 60+ frames with lower end machines in PC, xbox on the other hand, gives the holy 30fps barrier. Wolfenstein II, performs better on low-end PC instead of Xbox one X. If a game is broken since day 1, will never be fixed. That's it.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    He isn't asking about the PC though. It's an irrelevant subject.

The question was why does the X1X not have a performance mode like the PS4 Pro.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Serotonin likes this.
  6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I've heard Microsoft forcing devs to use native 4K for the One X.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    i'm fine with this. I'll take performance issues over lower resolution personally. If it can stay at 30fps, I'm content.

signex likes this.
  9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Oh i dont mind 30fps in some games, hell im playing NFS Heat at 30fps and it plays fine without issues.
    But in a shooter like COD it can be annoying, but i'll try and get a freesync monitor later.

About the batteries that came with the controller, are they rechargable? it doesn't say that it can't.
    And google isn't helpful atm, i only find stuff about the charge and play kit.

Serotonin likes this.
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^I doubt it, don't think i have ever heard of MS bundling recharge batteries with a controller, best to just grab a charge pack, i bought one called the Venom a few years ago and they are still going strong, £9.99, great just to swap packs and not miss a beat, not so great when you ignore the battery warning, startup a online FH4 race and find youself actually winning for once, only for the inevitable at the 93% race complete mark, and all because you were too lazy to reach 3 feet for the other charged pack.................did i say that out loud. lol

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Rechargeable batteries are far superior to Microsoft's solution. Better capacity, more hours of gameplay and you can replace them cheaply.

My Microsoft battery died already once in less than four months and waited one month for replacement. Worst purchase ever made in history.

P. s. You also ruin xbox's own cable either wired without battery or during charging. :eek:

So avoid this charge and play kit like the plague, I hate myself for falling into trap. :D

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's also the fact the PS4 version runs nearer 60 that would be annoying.

Maybe it is the conspiracy sounding stuff and MS doesn't want 1X games running at the same resolution as the Pro, or that it's because it's a Sony sponsored game. Who knows.

I've heard it supports 120hz, I imagine running it at the same res as the PS4 version at 120hz with an uncapped framerate could be very nice.

Aa for a battery situation, I'm also using a Venom product. Cheap and so far seems to do a great job.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-Dock...one+charger+and+battery&qid=1575561112&sr=8-4

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Still amazes me that Microsoft doesn’t include built in rechargeable batteries for their controllers, I’d at least expect it with the Xbox One X.

Serotonin likes this.
  14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep, it's not like they are any cheaper than the DS4 pads anyway. I've saw complaints about the battery on the DS4 but I've never noticed it being that bad.
    The only issue I could see is if the battery dies how easy/cheap is it to replace?

It took me a few months to decide but still happy i picked the X1X over the PS4 Pro.
    I hate how the ui looks and performs, the BD drive is buggy as feck and I would like the option to force 1080/1440 without any SS, but backwards compatibility is amazing and so far game pass feels like great value for money.

Clearly the Sony exclusives are much better, but imo the majority of them are one and done games and I have PS4 owning friends who could loan me the console.

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Oh god i hope not, i have one ps controller and the charge it holds is a joke, and once its discharged i can stop gaming or run a long usb cable from the console to the pad, horrible, vive wands are just as bad.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    The batteries went pretty fast when i played COD MW, but with NFS Heat it barely drained.

I just grabbed a tablet charger cable and it works. :p
    I'm barely a meter away from the screen and console so i don't need a long cable.

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^It would no doubt help if we could switch that bloody light off on the front of the controller, even on the dimmest it is still on draining the battery poking my OCD. lol

18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I bought a Xbox One S at a great price on black friday because of backward compatible games only to find out that the list is minimal and ridiculous! No Fable, no Ninja Gaiden (only the black version), no Shenmue2 and so on. And to make things even worse the main Xbox games like Halo, Forza and Gears of War are also no compatible!..:mad:. What´s the point of this then?...

I´m so disappointend that i´m even thinking about returning the console...:(

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^All the Gears of war xbox 360 games are BC, Fable anniversary and Fable 2 and 3 are also BC, Halo 3, Halo OST, Halo 4 and Halo Anni are also all BC, but you can usually grab the Halo MCC for the xbox for few quid from third party sites, cost me £5 a few years ago, Forza horizon is avalible via BC and updated to 4k, F1,2 3 and 4 are yet to be made BC, but i think we will see these appear with the new xbox appear next year, NGB got the 4k treatment and NG2 and 3 are also bc, and both Shenmue 1 and 2 have been released on the xbox a you can play them right now if you grab the £1/$1 gamepass deal which will give you access to them for a month for free, as a well as all the other gamepass games including the Halo MCC, Fable games, Gears of war games Forza horizon 4.......grab it and try if for that low price.

signex likes this.
  20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Finally got my hands on Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, and Call of Duty 3 is still on the way.

I know the servers are offline for BF2, i hope COD3 is still alive and kicking. It's the only COD game that never released on PC.
    I did play it a little bit, but i can't remember anything from it so i bought a copy from Amazon.

I'm curious why Forza Horizon 3 isn't on game pass, Forza Motorsport 7 isn't either.