The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini

Next consoles are just going to be upgrades to the X and Pro, basically consoles are now on the mobile phone upgrade path, which i think is alot better as you get to keep everything you have invested and take it with you when you move your stuff over to the next updated hardware, then get access to free updates that improve the games, so yeah i like that, my console library becoming like my PC library, what is not to like. :)

2. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Well, I signed up for the beta of projectXcloud. Hopefully I'll get into it. I really hate that PS4 remote play doesn't allow you to stream over cellular. Xcloud will allow it. Very cool.

XP-200 likes this.
  3. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Skip ahead invitations came out six hours ago. Smooth gaming. Whoever applied weeks ago, check your xbox live messages as soon as possible. Happy xgaming!

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

XP-200 likes this.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    40 hours on one charge. :eek:

I was just about to whine about that £160 price tag, then my Vive wands at £120 each caught the corner of my eye. lol

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    serbicu likes this.
  6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I check my email way too often hoping to get an invite into this xcloud. Come on MS. Help a guy out...just read the thread in off-topic, I supported the Zune. If that doesn't make me deserve this code I don't know what does.

Keitosha and XP-200 like this.
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^lol.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    wow project xcloud supporting dualshock 4. I can see them being on PS5 as well, especially since they kept repeating , play on ALL your devices. It makes sense , as sony was talking to microsoft about this streaming service this year.

Keitosha likes this.
  9. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Been able to stream. Still didn't receive an invite but I can stream my own games from my console. Works really well. This was all I was honestly interested in, rather than running from MS server farm/games. Though I wouldn't mind trying that to see if there's a bigger leap in IQ. But so far, this is really cool.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Forza Horizon 4 Add-on bundle is on black Friday sale, that is all the DLC for £19.99 for gold subscribers, a complete steal, and it is also crossbuy, so you buy it on xbox you got it on W10, and to rub salt into the wound if you have been collecting MS reward points you can get it for £5 if like me you have almost 22,000 points. :)

UK store £19.99
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/f...ndle/9p7jj1fkqwxh?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

US store $24.99
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/f...1fkqwxh?source=lp&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Keitosha likes this.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    The One S is on a huge sale now, it's the All-Digital Edition for just 125 euro! I couldn't let this deal go, so i ordered myself one. :D
    I still have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate till next year thanks to all the Game Pass codes i've gotten from my PC build. :p

XP-200 likes this.
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^If you have not already claimed it, on the xbox dashboard there is a deal for 3 months free GP, and when you claim it, it will stack another 2 months of UGP onto your account, and it is open to everyone with a xbox, new and exisiting subscribers, my GPU is now stacked up to 2022........... also a deal for 6 months free spotify and a month of EA access, plus MS rewards will give you 1 point for every 1 game score, up to a total of 10,000 over the next month, so 11,700 reward points will convert to a £10 xbox gift code............at this point MS are paying me to play on the xbox, i love it, always go for the underdog for the most gains, thanks MS. lol

Keitosha and signex like this.
  13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Can i claim it through Windows 10? i have to wait till tomorrow when it arrives.

Previously i was checking Amazon out of curiosity, i looked the wrong way lol.
    Amazon seems to be only having deals on the PS4 right now, the Pro is 300 euro there now.(German btw)
    In Holland the Xbox One S deals started yesterday, the Xbox One doesn't seem to be popular in Holland if they're still available for that price.

Microsoft does offer much more cool games with their Game Pass, even if i have to play them on a less powerful console then PS4.
    My game TV isn't 4K anyway, only living room has a 4K TV for media stuff.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Unfortunately this is a reward for owning the console and can only be claimed via the window on the dashboard, but it will be there tomorrow so no worries.......plus you bought Xbox S which has a slight boost over the old phat xbox plus it upscale all games to 4k and has hdr.

signex likes this.
  15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Shipping is delayed cause of high demand. :(

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    The discord nitro one that will give you 2 months of gpu runs until 6th Jan, so you got plenty of time to grab it, just sign up, claim the 2 months of gpu then cancel nitro, all in 30 seconds.....and i have no idea what discord nitro is. Lol

1 month of ea access runs until 4th Jan, and the free 6 month of spitify runs unyil 6th Jan....:)

Oh they can either be claimed by one of those square box barcode type things your phone can see, or by typing in a website link that comes with it, i did the website like as my phone is ancient. Lol

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I got it today, totally forgot to look for it on the dashboard, i'm download ALOT of games atm lol. I had no idea EA Access and Game Pass have some great old 360 games.
    Sadly i have to use WiFi, it doesn't exceed 12mb/s sadly so it can take a while for the big titles.

Oh and i bought some oldies from Amazon, Call of Duty 3 and Battlefield 2 Modern Combat.
    And i couldn't resist, bought an Xbox One X from Amazon, it was cheap and comes with Jedi Fallen Order.

Weirdly enough it ships from Spain with DHL Express but delivery said to be this Saturday.(Bought from German Amazon with Prime.)
    Had to sell this Xbox One S to get it, i'm using it only for today till i have to ship it.
    Want to try some 360 games and The Outer Worlds.

Keitosha likes this.
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^You are in for a treat with the X, and if you have a external hdd you can download all the games onto it, then when you get the X you just plug the hdd into a usb and you are off. :)

Keitosha likes this.
  19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep, the 1X is a great piece of hardware and many of those old 360 games look fantastic if they are enhanced titles.

RDR1 was my first purchase, but even old 360 games like Skate on EA Access are now 4k/60.

Keitosha likes this.
  20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^They did a very good job with RDR1, Panzor Dragoon Orta and KOTOR II are another couple that is just amazing to see done in the BC thing in 4k.

Keitosha likes this.