The Worst game of the year 2013!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Veteran, Jan 1, 2014.

1. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.....it seems most of you were smart enough to stay away from this one otherwise it would be on a lot more of your lists

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Sim city

Not because I think it's bad, just the multiplayer aspect of it is utterly frustrating.

I commonly find maps with either one person who progresses slowly and poorly, making me do all the work, or I find a 70% occupied map with people who have screwed up their city and will quit before anything gets completed.

The premise was sound but the human factor was never taken into account, making the multiplayer unfulfilling sometimes or madly frustrating other times.

Then there is the size if the cities in comparison to the map, and forbidding the players the opportunity to have total control over a map. In addition, the lack of any customisation to the maps is a dreadful omission.

The difficultiy has been set way too low. You can get 100,000 tax payers too quickly and from there the millions pour in, defeating any further effort and making the small size of the maps/cities even more frustrating.

Lovely design of user interface and viewing filters, make no mistake, but again due the actual workspace you are presented with it annoys players who are so limited.

They essentially make you feel like a god, but whose power range is too dependant on invisible walls and disgruntled whims of other deities.

3. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    sim ****ty

It's been proven by now that a) what EA claimed as "mmo" aspects was just a simple online DRM and b) It's not really a simulation, just something designed to create the illusion of being one

4. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Without a doubt my vote goes to Call of Duty: Ghosts.

That is one bad game. Never mind the performance issues or the uncontrolled cheating, it's the utter contempt with which the developer has treated the loyal customer base and the lies they told about the multiplayer server set-up that really digs the deep grave that Ghosts should be pushed back into.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    The last cool Need for Speed was High Stakes/Road Challenge.

I wish they made an Android version of either NFS 3 or 4.

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    agreed!

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    imo the last good nfs game was hot pursuit in 1998. The best in the series was the original 1995 game, then hot pursuit, then most wanted. all the other games sucked massive balls. can't believe people still have hope in this pointless series. you've been had.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yeah, now I've experienced the puzzles and exploration of AC4 I'm gonna give prize to flat chested tomb raider, hell I had to keep from the upgrades so they wouldn't cover her butt, whatever.
    *I'm not talking with myself here I'm just updating folks. :pc1:
    tressFX was nice but I'd so much rather it in a game like injustice.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I actually liked the Shift games but those where made by Slightly Mad studios same guys currently behind project CARS.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well, they're completely different from the traditional NFS mold. They're good games in their own right, fun simcades and I'm sure pCARS will follow the tradition. As far as NFS games go, they've been dead to me after the 90s, pretty much.

11. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    Battlefield 4 without a doubt.

12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Total War: Rome II

It's the only game of 2013 that I refused to buy as a way to 'vote with my wallet'. I watched all the reviews I could (video and written reviews) and couldn't find a single reason to be excited about it. It's a disaster in my book because I absolutely adore the Total War franchise. I loved the original Rome, really liked Medieval II and Shogun II was (and still is) spectacular (it's my second favorite overall in the franchise). I actually had hype for Rome II, and hope as well... but worst, I actually had confidence. I told myself that it wouldn't be possible for the almighty Rome II to 'fail' in anyway possible especially due to the fact that the previous game, Shogun II, was a success story. So I thought "how would Creative Assembly fail us with Rome II if they did something great with Shogun II?". Well yeah... it's painful to think about it. A complete waste of what could and should have been the most epic of all the Total War games to date. Even if CA release 100 patches this year I can't possible convince myself that they deserve a cent of my money.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    After having played one of the campaigns...
    I'd like to throw out Resident Evil 6 as a major disappointment.

Even as a third person action game it's pretty damn lackluster. Then when you factor in that it's a Resident Evil game... it's just sad.

14. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    CA can bug-fix Rome 2 all they want. It'll still be a dumbed down version of previous games in the series with an engine that belongs on the last gen consoles.

15. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Colonial Marines without a doubt.

16. Tombz

Tombz Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 590
    I can't pick one, so I'll just make a little list.

Ride to Hell: Retribution

I'd like to say this is the worst, but I didn't have any hopes for it from the start. I bought it just for the lol factor.

Sim City

C'mon, does this even need an explanation?

Rome: Total War II

Broken at release. I'm beginning to see a trend here.

Dark

This game was a massive letdown. That's all I can really say.

That's about all I have. I may at some point update the list if another comes to me.

*EDIT*

Can't forget Star Trek. **** Star Trek, seriously, what were they thinking?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  17. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    X: Rebirth. I die a little inside.

18. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Probably rename the thread to either 'your' worst, or by the looks of most people's choices, 'most disappointing'.

Worst game I actually played last year was Walking Dead Survival Instinct.

And by the looks of the videos, reviews and Steam ripping it off their store, Ashes Cricket was the worst game released by far.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I agree, the first game on the 3DO was epic especially for its texture mapped roads and awesome crashes which at the time were a huge advancement compared to the leading Outrun!

NFS underground was ok the rest were **** and they continue to get worse but the first game was the best. Most people i bet didnt even play the first game.

Oh yeah 3DO was a failure, Trip Hawkins and his vision of a future gaming console crushed by Sega's Saturn which was later crushed by the revolutionary PS1.

20. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Bioshock Infinite - Complete letdown.. Boring.. Lots of walking.. And more walking.. Zipline.. Shootout.. Walking.... More walking.. Zipline.. I didn't even complete it because I was so bored.. The original 2007 release is still the best imo..

FIFA 14 - Everything about it is terrible

COD Ghosts - It takes everything that sucks with previous installments and then piles them on thicker for the extra deep screwjob without lube from Activision. Anyone smart knew this was coming though. It's only on my list because Activision can't get enough public bashing.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014