The World's First Gaming OLED MONITOR: Dell Alienware AW3423DW

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by haste, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I just ordered the monitor through Dell's website and unfortunately it won't even ship until the mid of June. Sucks having to wait that long, but I watched as the expected delivery date kept getting pushed back daily so I bit the bullet.

Really excited about QD-OLED.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  2. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC
    Be aware that the text quality might not be IPS-class due to the pixel structure.

3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    ClearType is my friend. I'm sure it will be fine :)

4. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Well it's not that simple. ClearType works well with RGB pixels next to each other and with the same size of every subpixel.

This monitor has [RB] subpixels on one line and [G] subpixel above them. Also, subpixels don't have the same size. I don't think there is currently ClearType mode which would cover this kind of subpixel layout so the text clarity will definitely be compromised.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the cleartype tuners very first page lets you select an optimal mode for RBG layouts.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 OC
  7. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    It looks like nobody else is getting this monitor til August. And another thing that's pissing me immensely is that damn practice of selling things with the same price tag in both USD and EUR. If it costs 1300USD, it should cost around 1170 EUR and not 1300.

8. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I'd like to resurrect this thread because I need to ask you guys if anyone here actually managed to buy it. They promised delivery date in November and still nothing. I'm loosing my hope.

9. Theo1988

Theo1988 Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Yep when you live in GErmany. I talk with them and they say with express its by me in one 1 Day (19 Euro more for that)

https://www.cyberport.de/?DEEP=6137-020&APID=6

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yes, been using it for months now. Absolutely love it and have had zero buyers remorse. Best monitor I've ever used or even seen.

haste likes this.

11. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Thanks. It's good to know someone here who actually owns it. But you're from US. I'm from EU and still on waiting list unfortunately... for 3 months now.

btw. Could you make some slightly overexposed near-black uniformity fotos? Because that is the biggest issue with most OLEDs.

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    It took about 3 months after paying before I got mine, but I bought one pretty early on.

I'm pretty sure the uniformity is pretty flawless, but I'm not at home right now to really verify or take photos. I've never noticed any uniformity standouts. The only real negative I can think of is when using HDR 1000, the brightness level can drop very slightly in darker areas of the screen to give the 1000 nit peak brightness. This hasn't been too much of a concern or notice for me, and I still prefer to use 1000 nit over 400 Trueblack which doesn't have that problem.

13. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX TUF 3080
    Was actually thinking of buying this tomorrow (it's currently at 1.289,54€ incl. VAT) but the lack of feedback in this thread is a bit of a concern.