The Witness

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by alanm, Jan 31, 2016.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URjb3RBIe7c

Quite like this game. Piques the hell out of your curiosity as you move deeper into it. Highly polished, well worth my time so far.

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
  3. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  4. chiadretti

chiadretti Member

great game.

frustating at times but once you figure it, it is a blast

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I came on here to say exactly what you said! :)

The Witness is a brilliant little game and I'll admit that some of the puzzles had me stumped for ages. The lack of hand-holding is refreshing but I would still welcome some kind of help/clue button for when I get truly stuck. The puzzles start off deceptively easy but then become really tricky with the introduction of coloured squares and shapes, etc.

The only things I don't like about the game is that aurally it is a bit slight with barely any music that I've heard so the island, while aesthetically beautiful, does feel a bit lacking in atmosphere. A musical score and some kind of voice-over might have worked wonders here (I am thinking of how effective they both were in my favourite puzzler of last year: the underrated and stunningly brilliant The Talos Principle).

At £29.99 the game does perhaps feel a bit overpriced for what it offers but that's just my opinion. Normally, I look elsewhere for games, like GreenManGaming for discounts, but this game was only available on Steam and had me intrigued enough to buy it full-price. Not that I regret buying it; I just feel it should be around £20 personally.

6. reno79

reno79 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming4GB
    This was completely off my radar until recently, I was dismissing it as an extremely simple, flat maze game (and couldn't understand the buzz surrounding it).

I may have to look into it but seeing it's quite high price I'm still not sure.