The Witcher V's Fable

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by spamkebab, Apr 3, 2011.

1. spamkebab

spamkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 480gtx
    Ok gang, so after not being able to play The Witcher last weekend due to lack of game keys, i finally spent some time playing it. My first impressions werent good, in fact i was thinking of buying shift 2 and having sunday on that instead. However having moved on from the castle part at the beginning and really starting the game, i'm effin blown away, wow its amazing. I loved Fable when it came out, not my usual kind of game but i got addicted, anyway when i checked the time last night, i'd lost 3 hours to The Witcher, felt like ten minutes. I think its a lot like Fable but prettier and more grown up. I can't believe its such an old game as the visuals are breathtaking.
    Anyone else just starting out? Think its like Fable?

cheers
    spam

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Not like Fable to me at all, really, and I loved Fable.

The Witcher is a real love it or hate it game, there's no middle ground. You hate it or like it, I've never seen anyone who showed me otherwise.

I tried 3 times to start it and each time I quit, but on the 4th I did it and man ,I am glad I did. Like you said, past the tutorial it starts to get insanely good, and once you learn the combat system...you flow, you literally flow through combat, like a cinematic CGI movie, but in actual gameplay...it' sgreat.

3. ollie26

ollie26 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX560TI 448 980/1960
    I wasn't impressed by the witcher until i also left the castle. I played around 20 hours then jumped on to DA II when that was released. Need to go back to the witcher and get in finished before the witcher 2 is out. Its much more grown up and darker than the fable games, But they are great in there own way aswel.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  4. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Fable is a classic game to me. I probably completed that game 5 times, but The Witcher is an amazing game once you get into it.

I am playing through it again on hard mode and now I have to read some journal entries to find out what some enemies are "susceptible" to or I could die fast. Almost didn't beat my first boss battle because of it. Also I cannot survive unless I use Alchemy. Really makes me think not just about dialogue decisions, but combat decisions as well. One of the best RPG's of the past decade in my opinion.

5. spamkebab

spamkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 480gtx
    I spent all day on it yesterday, ended up straight at the salamanders hideout instead of finishing other quests so had to go back and start again, that didn't bother mne at all cause the game is breathtaking. Even the dialogue doesn't get on my tits in this game. I keep trying to kick the chickens though lol

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I started The Witcher last week, atm at chapter 4 (taking my time, done about all side quests too). Very good game, one of the best RPG's I have played.

I have not played Fable games.

7. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Witcher is my next project after DA2. I'll post my opinions after the fact.

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Fable it is a good game,played it a good time
    The Witcher struck me as a very good game....but not from the beginning
    After the castle,the gloomy-real life feeling was surprizingly strong,the combat style somehow new and unique.
    Finished 3 times until now and i almost started all over again ,just to enjoy the witty dialogues and dark humour....

9. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    The Witcher is one of the very few games I actually finished twice. Hope that the second witcher is just as good.