The Witcher Problem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by spamkebab, Mar 26, 2011.

1. spamkebab

spamkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 480gtx
    arghhh i'm at the gate in chapter one and ive lost the potion i was given, its disapeared from my inventory and now i cant go through the gate. I'm getting the hang of attack though and switching styles,its all about pause lol

2. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Chapter 1 or prologue?
    Dying to the 3 dogs that attack?

The key is to never let the enemy surround you. You take a severe penalty to hits from behind. I play on hard, even though it's my first time so I've gotten my ass handed to me a lot.
    eta: also the gate that the dogs come through stays locked. You have to go out the other one.

If you restart the game, a quick tip:
    Fight the frightener then talk to the old witcher guy, he'll give you an important rock that'll let you build a nice sword during chapter 1 if you do all the quests. Playing on hard the final fight in chapter 1 forced me to re-roll my character and I tend to have a pretty high tolerance for difficulty.

Click here if you have difficulty on the boss of chapter 1
    If you can get the 3 red meteorites from 1. the guy mentioned previously in the prologue, 2. visiting the crypt a second time to kill the alghoul 3. the quest to recover that one guys corpse from the plant monsters, you can build a +40% damage sword. Combine this with Specter oil +100% damage (buy it from the witch during dialogue AND take the oil talent intelligence tree), A blizzard potion and a swallow potion then you'll have a much better chance during the fight. This gives you +140% damage, and doubles your dodge/parry

Also the Q key switches stances for steel, and the E key switches stances for silver. I like to stay in group stance when moving around since you run faster with it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    The Witcher was notorious when it was first released for it's difficulty. Over time though, it's gotten alot easier, some mods, a patch reduced difficulty, ect.

4. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Really? So maybe that's why it's so easy now. The hardest difficulty was an absolute cakewalk after the first boss.

5. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Had a run through yesterday. I hooked up with a girl named Triss followed by a bed sceen. :). I then received a card with a girl on it with a cat between her legs. :) what am I supposed to use the card for?

6. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    They are just trophies; consider collecting them throughout the campaign a mini game, because they don't do anything.

7. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I see, thanks! When I start the game, in the lower ride corner of screen it mentions a code to put in for sex cards? I figured it was talking about those cards

8. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    So playing this after I finish up DA2...

9. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Sexy pokemon battles