The Witcher demo is running like crap on my 4850

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by teh_ghost_777, Aug 6, 2008.

1. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    @OP:
    Upgrade your CPU to a Core 2, or a cheaper variant of it (i.e. Pentium Dual-Core), and overclock the snot out of it. This way it would get rid of most CPU bottlenecking. Be sure to get a new PSU as well, a 400W is definitely NOT enough for the 4850.

@JN821:
    As for the person going from 8600 GT to HD 4850, and getting lower FPS, it's usually by PSU, because it can no longer cope with the extra load (600W should be enough, but it doesn't hurt to try a higher quality one to make sure). Someone else on this forum had the same problem, and after he upgraded to a higher quality, higher wattage and amperage PSU, his frame-rates sky-rocketed.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. JN821

JN821 Master Guru

GPU:
    visiontek4850@700/1125
    Well now that u mention it i am gonna switch it eventually but every other game performs great like mass effect i get a constant 50fps and cod4 60-134fps which is more than enough but those games r just the ones that underperform.

3. evolucion888

evolucion888 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6900
    I recommend doing a CPU upgrade, Intel made a bad mistake gluing two Pentium 4, disabling Hyper Threading and calling them Pentium D, I had a customer who had a Pentium D at 2.8GHz, and my Pentium M smoked it in games, WinRaR benchmarks etc, only in heavy optimized benchmarks, the Pentium D won (Albeit by a small margin)

4. spanket

spanket Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770
    i didnt know crap could run. damn beter watch that