The Witcher 3 PC Patch v1.06

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. lanelor

lanelor Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Stryx
    How about "toggle sprint"?

3. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    That already exists press ctrl on the keyboard or check the bindings. You can use the sprint key while in a boat to move faster as well and even fast travel while in a boat. These are things I learned after a while and not immediately lol.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I think lanelor meant Sprint on horse, once you enter it, you can't get back to regular run speed. You have to release shift to enter walk for a moment, pretty annoying in races.

5. lanelor

lanelor Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Stryx
    Thank you, for the feedback!

I meant there are three speeds:walk,run(ctrl is toggle) and sprint with shift which should be toggled like the run van be.

6. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    How about fixing SLI issues and Kepler performance? My cards are crying when they have to be ran at -100MHz to keep game stable.well what can you do. Still playin @50+ frames on high with hair everywhere. What bothers me more is that they had better looking alpha than what we get on PC now and it's once again thanx to bloody consoles..

7. lanelor

lanelor Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Stryx
    Heh, I second the notion as my CF produces terrible flickering in both world and menus.
    Thinking of selling the 7950 as most recent games just don't work with 2+ GPUs :( Wither 3 gives you the choice to use all ULTRA and call 30 fps enough or lower to MID/HIGH to have stable 60 fps. Why the hell did I buy a second GPU AMD!?! Double FPS my ass/eventually/if you pick you eyes out ...

By the time the game is fixed i may have labeled it done.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I really dont understand why they dont fix the ragdoll stuff.

surely its not intended this way ??

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Really? I OC +100/+250 without any problems.
    Performance got a wee bit worse with the 1.05 patch though, hope it improved with this one.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed, it was funny at first but now its just annoying.

(sorry about double post but I accidentally quoted myself)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015

11. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Can't :( first both my cards would run only at 700MHz. that got resolved with updates I guess but after that OC and default would both crash max 10min in game. So I started going down. -80 was almost fine but -100 and game is solid..strange

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wish I could help you there but I've read several times that people have problems with OCing in this game or have to downclock :(
    Tried cleaning out your drivers with DDU and reinstalling them?

13. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Create a profile in Radeonpro and select Flip Queue Size = 3. That should get rid of the flickering. Remember to use the latest driver posted by Asder.

14. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    What are your temps? Cards running hot? You might want to clean out the fansinks, probably a load of caked dust that has become trapped in the heatsinks

15. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    CF works fine in Witcher 3 as of the 15.5 beta drivers.

I an running at 1920x1200 full screen and have everything turned to Ultra except for AA turned off and these other settings I normally change in all games:

Shadows = medium (real shadows are not super crisp, so why should the be like that in a game?)
    Bloom = Off (I hate Bloom)

There may be one or two other settings I have turned slightly down, but don't remember what they are.

And with those settings it ran fine without CF.

16. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Yup, I did, just like always,nothing wrong there I think. But I don't really mind. Playing at high with full Hair on and SSAO. Cant complain, gettin over 50fps on average.Doesnt drop below 45 ever and no flickering. Not bad for old cards.Wans't hoping for Ultra settings. They sure will survive until Pascal as planed :)

17. lanelor

lanelor Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Stryx
    Will try without bloom as it is requires for some after effects. Could be the problem.

18. guppysb

guppysb Active Member

GPU:
    2x 290x, Qnix 2710 100hz
    I have a 290x crossfire and 1440p resolution. Turned everything to max, except for no hairworks and no AA. I am getting 100+ fps in most situations, thanks to the 15.5 drivers.

19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Game seems to run better on my system. I'm seeing fps of 42-50 now on all high settings, AA on, but hairworks off. I have the single card and I'm using the 14.12 WHQL driver. I was getting fps of 38-45 before.

I made a profile for the game in CCC and set max tessellation to 4X. Then I turned hairworks on. The fps drop was minimal, not the 50% it was without the tessellation change, but I didn't like the way it looked. Sure Geralt's hair had more strands but his beard turned black and looked lousy to me. I like it better without the hairworks so I deleted the profile and turned hw back off.

This is one of the few games I have to play with Vsync on. Without it the world map tears badly while scrolling through it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015