The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    I just want to play this already

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Imho that's usually a pirate protection policy, quite common these days..

Release a "broken" game and let people torrent it (it gets leaked ahead of time 99% anyway), then at its official release or a day or two later release final patch when people actually start buying it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Boxed dvd's is probably the reason for day 1 patches. Those have to be pressed and shipped a good amount of time in advance of release. We ain't 100% digital yet.

4. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Then the patchs gets cracked and uploaded 2 days to a week after that and people can still torrent it without the bugs.

5. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    Nice screenshot:

[​IMG]

Cut off map of some kind

[​IMG]

Not best quality:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Bigger version of map

[​IMG]

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Dosnt that map looks kinda small to put in 100+ Hours?

8. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    [​IMG]

Looks kinda small for a whole planet.....

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I just hope they fix the gameplay in W3 because the gameplay in W2 was a little weak, at least for my taste... And they could also make a better story, because the story in W2 had some really stupid stuff, like Geralt being the king´s bitch...

Still i´m gonna buy it anyway. I really need a game to that uses my GTX970 full power instead of using it to play Football Manager...

10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Perhaps you've been told this already, but your GTX 970 is severely handicapped by your CPU. It's never going to be able to stretch it's full legs because the rest of your system is holding it back.

To give you an idea of how much performance you have left on the table, a forum member on Anandtech recently benchmarked DAI on this GTX 970 with two CPUs; a Q9550 and a Core i5 2500K. Both were overclocked.

Benchmark

The Core i5 2500K system was 46% faster than the Q9550.. And by all appearances, the Witcher 3 will be more CPU intensive than DAI by quite a bit.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Well of course. 2500k at 4.8ghz is still a beast. It beats 4690k stock at anything, i know becouse i have one. Its not really a fair complarison.

Anyway i have to agree, Q9550 will hold back 970 while Wicher 3 will need fast CPU.

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Yeah I know it wasn't a fair comparison, but I posted that just to give him an idea of how much performance he could be giving up by not moving to a more up to date platform.

Witcher 3 will definitely be more CPU intensive, because it uses Umbra 3 which requires precomputation. Then there's the physics, A.I, level of detail etcetera..

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Yea i know that but for now my Q9550 is gonna have to do until i can buy a new rig. I´ll just lower the settings and that´s it.

But at least my GPU is gonna be used to play a proper game, in graphical terms, instead of my beloved FM...

14. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    So what happens if you don't cut your beard every few days? Will you finally look like a real cave man?

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Funny pic

[​IMG]

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Gerald is such a man whore. :D

17. Vipu2

Vipu2 Master Guru

GPU:
    1070ti
    Any info how many cpu cores will it use?

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    They never provided a number, but did say it will scale up based on what you have so likely will use 8.

As for a Day1 patch, yeah it does work as a pre release piracy blocker, but it also enables the devs to work on the have after it has went gold, which is not a bad thing.

19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I doubt that is their intentions. CD Projekt Red has been pretty adamantly against DRM measures. They do after all run GoG. The Witcher 2's GoG install was put on torrent sites by CD Projekt Red themselves, suggesting that if you like the game after torrenting it you should buy it.

It's clear that they are working on this game right to the end, and possibly past they end of development due to meeting a deadline. Which is the tired excuse given by companies like Ubisoft, they find themselves in a 'boy who cried wolf' situation leaving us to think it is as you say, an easy but consumer unfriendly anti-piracy measure. But even though Ubisoft might have ruined that excuse, I find it hard to believe that Projekt Red would purposefully inconvenience people and it's probably more likely that the excuse is actually true.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Exactly, not everything is a conspiracy against pc gamers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.