The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Hey game will come in a year. It's not done yet.

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Except, this is TW3 thread. :p

Imo, both games have potential for greatness, but with TW3 beeing a good chunck ahead of DA:I. I for one can't wait to get my hands on both. :nerd:

3. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    It looks that way. I can't understand how can small Polish team outbeat huge corporation like Bioware.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    They made a great game for a change... Bioware isn't even trying anymore, anyone can beat them.

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Cant wait to try it out! It will probably melt my PC :)

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    ^^It will melt all PC's :)

www.dso gaming.com/news/the-witcher-3s-fur-tech-will-most-probably-bring-your-gpus-to-their-knees/

*Remove space*

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I'm sure it will, I just hope I'll have a couple of maxwells or whatever the top end nvidia gpu will be called by the time Witcher 3 launches so I can enjoy the FURRRRR. :D

8. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Of course it will run like crap since it has Physx. From the article:

"Without Nvidia’s Fur Tech, the demo (with one wolf) was running at 410fps. When Nvidia enabled its Fur tech, the framerate dropped to 140fps. Yeap, we’re talking about a 270fps performance hit."

"In fact, Nvidia demoed its Fur tech at a mere resolution of 1024×768 and the Titan card was able to only push 65fps when there were two wolves on screen."

This is without anything else in the screen, only the wolves.

9. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    PhysX has always been a performance killer, for a high-end game like TW3 it's only to be expected performance will die once that's activated

Even if PhysX was available on AMD hardware, it's just so brutally demanding that the majority still wouldn't be able to run the game with it

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What you on about, thats the way it meant to be played *wink wink*

But i agree with you, whats the point of all these performance killing features if the hardware aint around to support it. Sure could come back to play it in few years time, but with the industry the way it is, i have a big enough backlog as it is.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Many folks here on about physx haven't even played anything recently with it fully enabled in the first place, the evidence is out there, borderlands2 physx & Metro LL physx is incredible, nuff said. bring it on more is what i say and it's happening too, Witcher, Arma, batman, the more the better.
    and if you don't like it switch it off, or you could troll forums all day moaning about this effect, even though it's toggleable.

gtx 880 - done.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Metro LL was great with physx (and without obviously) but Batman:AC and Borderlands where over done to the point of it just looking like exactly what they where - an after thought.

Physx nearly always looks out of place and sticks out like a sore thumb, like a half arsed mod that hasnt been textured and shaded properly to mach the rest of the game art.

Point is, id rather have a more complete game that hasnt had time and money wasted on a part of the game/feature that only one gfx vendor/consumer can use.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    and you say the same about TressFX too?
    with this thinking we'd still be on dx9, tessellation is gimmicky too eh?
    stereo 3d gimmicky also of course. :infinity:

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Actually... Yes.

I like the idea behind them, but i dont like the current exectuion.

I like them, just not what ive seen so far and the fact that Physx is a closed api.

Though as far as 3d is concerned, ive never used nvidia 3d surround, so no comment.

Should we start a new thread, see what everyones ideal use of these features (Physx,Tressfx etc) would be?

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    A bit early for them to say that I think. The demo version was likely un-optimized or un-finalized since it's relatively new technology, so the final version should be much faster.

16. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    How about use tressfx for fur simulation in amd gpus.
    Then both green and red users could enjoy furrr slideshow with lots of wolves,lions,tigers,baboons in it?

Seriously, the fur would be interesting just like lara's hair but hard to get, (performance hit) also just like lara's hair.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i'll say it again, but more concise
    i'd pay say £10 extra for a game that has physx or TressFX, however give me a game that uses both and i'll willing to pay even more, plus upgrade gpu if game requires it.
    basically: a game that has both would melt both the screen and the viewer, at times of course. i suggest for these two: Injustice Gods Among us. Eyes would melt.
    but sure furry animals sounds like a reason to upgrade too, the cutscene wolves in tombraider were stellar.(as was Lara's hair of course.)

Driver maturity. future drivers for future games.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Witcher games r always visualy stunning but for me the gameplay is so poor and limited. STORY is probably interesting but still, cant have fun with poor gameplay. that is FOR ME. probably peopel loves it. i tried to progress alot in W2. but the sword fight etc not responsive to me. maybe patches fixed that dont know.

Besides all dragon ages are great, responsive. doenst look good as W2 but still more fun etc. but to ME. personal opinion.

i will buy this and Dragon age 3 indeed. iam a gamer, why shouldnt i?

19. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Try playing Witcher 2 with a controller.

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Witcher 3 confirmed to have native 64 bit client.

It's been rumored, but this is the first time I've seen a CDPR dev actually confirm it. Makes sense I suppose, as to realize their vision of an open World game with no loading screens or transitional areas would be extremely difficult to implement with 32 bit memory limitations.

They also explained why the fur tech demo was running so slowly. It was an extremely early version that was unrefined and un-optimized. The final version will be much faster and much better looking.

Also confirmed to use PhysX 3.x SDK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.