The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    That game was for the PS4 and Xbox One too, and those versions are apparently holding up quite well compared to the PC version.

I don't believe that GTA V had had those graphics if it had been a PC exclusive. It had probably just been the 360/PS3 version with somewhat improved graphics.

2. bossj00

bossj00 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI
    Oh gotcha. yeah that's true they are holding up well.

But I believe Rockstar would of EASILY produced the same quality for PC without PS4 / XONE...

but ONLY because they made SO MUCH money on the PS3 / X360.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    CDPR would of know about the console hardware way before we did, and not just have a rough idea of the specs like the fake employee claims, so it doesn't make any sense.

The things this source claimed were scaled down and removed are things that would have to be scaled down or removed for older PC hardware anyway, maybe even more so considering DX11 isn't exactly efficient.

They could of just removed the very high end stuff as it wasn't worth the effort optimising for such a small market, look what it did to Crytek with Crysis.

4. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    So show me one single open world game released that runs >1080p that never ever dips below 60FPS with every option cranked that looks even remotely like the 2013 witcher 3 bullshots.

Crank everything on GTA V you will still have moments that dip below 60 fps.

Watchdogs? hahaahaha

Farcry 4? i am still laughing

Assassins Creed? are you serious?

there hasn't been one single released open world game that doesn't have performance issues, and you guys act like it's the consoles fault this thing got downgraded....

Hate to burst your bubbles, but there isn't a pc made that would run that >1080p at 60 fps period end of story. Now whether that is due to the engine itself being developed for consoles and not exclusively for PC is another debate, but to say this thing got downgraded because they wanted parity is too funny.

Last edited: May 14, 2015

5. bossj00

bossj00 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI

So do you think this will effect all games from here out? This is what worries me. I pay good money for my computer hardware to run the game as best the game can be played. Quality and all...

6. bossj00

bossj00 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI
    Ummm..

Watch Dogs? Same issues - Trailer released - UNBELIEVABLE looking - IN GAME FOOTAGE no lie... game released... 2010 title quality.

Far Cry 4 - I can run at 4k - 60FPS no DROPS.

Assassin's Creed Unity - I NOW can run at 4k - 60FPS no drops.

GTA V - 4k - 50 to 60 fps - ULTRA (other than grass to Very High) ...

the point is.. the OPTIONS are there to run it how I want to run it. Piss poor or silky smooth.

I just hope companies aren't dropping those settings to make a game that looks GENERALLY the same across the board on all systems.

Why is it wrong to want the best graphics possible on the a machine that you spent $1000s for?

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well Crysis was released in 2007 and still looks as good or better than the games you listed, so maybe it´s possible that a game could look and run like W3 images if some company cared to do.

But that doesn´t change the fact that the developer showed us the images in 2013 implying that the game was gonna look like that and now they´re saying that it´s impossible with some lame excuses...

That´s the big problem not the fact that the graphics aren´t anything special...

8. bossj00

bossj00 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI
    This! I'm tired of seeing 2 year old ULTRA renderings, and getting excited - to then find out. Its half of what they promised. And its ONLY been happening since the existence of the ps4 and xone. Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Did you start gaming recently? Initial teaser promising more than what they can deliver in the final product is nothing new. I'm sure I could find loads of examples if you give me time to look this up.
    Who knows what sort of problems they run into during development. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

10. bossj00

bossj00 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI
    I'm not being a jerk, but give me some. Before the era of ps4 and xone. I've been gaming since the late 90s..

Please do not include CGI renderings either.

11. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Crysis wasn't that large of an open world, and stock didn't look as good as those Witcher 3 shots, but I get your point.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It will affect small devs more than the larger ones, but there is likely going to be more of a push for high resolutions and refresh rates so if you only have a 1080/60 screen your hardware could be overkill.

Yeah, i fired it up again recently, as i do with every new piece of hardware and while it's amazing for how old it is, stock is very meh looking, and like you say not really open world, but open gameplay.

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Of course, i know we can´t compare Crysis 1 with Witcher 3 directly because they´re very different games but for me if an 8 year old game has that kind of graphics then it has to be possible to deliver much better graphics than the ones that games actually have because right now few games look as good or better than Crysis regarding outdoor environments and few look better than Metro 1 regarding indoor environments, im my opinion of course.

For me companies stopped caring about pushing graphics boundaries after the sales of Crysis 1 and the sales of the first Wi. Consumers decided that graphics dind´t matter...

14. bossj00

bossj00 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI

Well maybe that WAS when it first started happening. My only thought to that is... Why do companies keep pushing 2 year renderings before the game is out and make it look 3x better than the finished product - if consumers don't care about graphics? - Now maybe you mean they don't care enough to purchase the equipment needed to push those graphics. That is the truth.

I, however, can not HONESTLY think of a time when companies were pushing "false" renderings of a game that is still 2 years out from release before the 'next-gens' were released.

I do think companies are now trying to make 1 product work on all 3 systems, and if this IS the case - PC gamers will suffer quality (in the sense of graphics) for it.

PS - To Me: Rockstar is the exception so far. EA has already started taking compromising graphics to make the same product on all 3 systems. Other than Watch Dogs - Ubisoft has kept high end products (not counting bugs and all that) for pc gamers.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I think that it´s to increase the hype. They show amazing graphics to graphics whores, like us, the whores go and tell the world plus dog how amazing the game is gonna be because they want amazing graphics and suddenly everyone is looking at those amazing graphics and thinking: that game is gonna be amazing by the looks of it! And also because the majority is saying the game is amazing and most people have to follow the majority so they don´t feel cast aside... Simple but brilliant marketing ploy...
    Then they stop leaking images until the game is finished so they can sell the game by pre purchases and hope only a minority feel stupid/fooled enough to cancel their pre purchases.
    And before you ask, it worked with Watch Dogs...

16. bossj00

bossj00 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI
    I understand this. I agree with this. Shame on those companies. It makes me think twice about purchasing from them. I'm a minority I know. But greed eventually destroys the company. EA is dead to me because of their last few 'ploys'. Again. Minority. They don't need my money. But... ploys catch up to you eventually.

and this will eventually stop gamers from upgrading PCs - again probably minority.

PS for most PC games now (other than the companies that actually do give a damn about the PC) I wait till they are way on sale and then buy them - where as before I would pay full price for them because the devs deserved it.

However, when companies use "tricks" or "ploys" - credibility goes out the window.

If they just come out and admit to not being able to deliver the product they promised. I'd be ok with that. The other way makes me just think they are trying to take me for a sucker.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    There was always false advertising/misleading and showing off the graphics then fail to deliver. I started long before Ubisoft and Watch Dogs. Many are doing it and it will continue.

I'm just mad of their ridiculous statement "That is our fault for believing the trailers". Then the f*ck show it us in the first place?

18. bossj00

bossj00 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI
    Really? I can't think of any deception as bad as these, except with trailers that say "in-game engine" (which is NOT in-game footage)....

or CGI footage.

Yes game developers will show the game at it's ABSOLUTE BEST quality (that no one can run for 2 years) but thats a different situation all in all.

And where is that statement? Haven't heard that yet (or is that just from people)?

19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The problem is that every companies uses tricks like this and others to sell their games, even Crytek did this with Crysis, the diffence is thay dind´t exaggerate too much like other developers... Even From Software that i love because of Demon/Dark Souls, first showed great graphics of Bloodborne an year before the release and the actual game has graphics that are barely better than the ones i Dark Souls...

So it´s better not to take this too seriously and just enjoy our games.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So show me one single open world game released that runs >1080p that never dips below 60fps and that looks like TW3 from 2013. Apart from TW3... Oh wait.

You miss the point. Nobody is saying that TW3 looks terrible. We're discussing the downgrade in graphics which is obvious from the screenshots. Or are you saying there's no downgrade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.