The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    I wonder why PC preload is 21gb and PS4 31gb

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Compression I guess

Also just realised I won't be able to unpack the game, got 22gb free on ssd, meant to be 35gb unpacked right?

Oh how I hate steams preload system, seriously, why do you need to recompress the already compressed huge game files, just do what GOG does and leave out the critical files like the exe

3. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Probably because the PC preload lacks the day 1 patch. Apparently they're working on it still.

Either that or its just better compressed on PC. We'll find out.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Most likely because the PS4 will have 1080p cutscenes and pc will as usual get those crappy blocky 720p vids.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Speaking of, wouldn't mind the choice of what I download.

1080p v 720p cutscenes, super low res or super high res textures I don't need

Damn sure I could cut the gta 5 install I have by like 10gb at least

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You know what one of the many awesome things about PC gaming is? If something runs badly you can turn a few settings down to improve performance. Nerfing the visuals as a whole is not something you do to be nice to peoples hardware, it's generally only done for parity between platforms.

You're massively over exaggerating to try and prove your point, a minority of people in the PC community could have maxed it out but I'm pretty sure a healthy portion would have been able to run it close to being maxed out, or at least at a step above what we're starting to see.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  7. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  9. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra

well said man... it's a shame, but that's the cold honest truth.

however what makes me sick.. is that the people who are in the same age group as us laugh and mock PC gaming... absolutely sickening.

10. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I hate to say it and I don't like going on the negative cos I'm sure the story and gameplay will more than make up for the nerfed graphics in this game but these so called next gen consoles are holding gaming back, it's really sad that beautiful games like this are gutted just so they can run on low end hardware, I am still excited to play it but it's just a non stop trend of seeing some amazing graphics at E3 and then come launch day getting something completely different and considering a lot of folks are pre ordering these titles based on footage it could almost be considered fraudulent imo, I understand developers have to make some tough decisions but it's just sad that the current consoles are so underpowered and games are scaling so badly.

11. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    so how many of you will run Witcher 3 at ULTRA settings and DSR? lol
    :p

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Twitch stream

980 i7 1080p Ultra setting fps = "well above 60"

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Eh, they showed the settings, wasn't quite ultra, but more than enough that I could ever hope to run.

STILL LETS TALK ABOUT THE TIN FOIL HAT DOWNGRADE AND NOT ABOUT GAMEPLAY OH BOY I CANT WAIT TO ASK FOR QUEST HELP HERE

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what gameplay have you actually experienced?

Kinda like how they streamlined a few things, potion refilling is one of them, I hope looting stuff is better done than in TW2, that was just plain annoying.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    None ofc, I am predicting the next few weeks of this thread.

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    This is primarily a computer hardware forum, any thread is going to be filled with information about performance and visuals to the point where asking for gameplay information is a fruitless task.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I get this, I just find it a touch grating that we do not have separate sections for it.

But it's cool, watch dog mods get their own section.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats because the Original WD thread ended up receiving an influx of new users trying to claim .ini tweaks as mods and what mods belong to who.

Talking about gfx is one thing, arguing over who has ownership over things like "tessellation = False" is an entirely different issue all together.

Oh and its called the watchdogs mod thread because its about mods. Mods need a separate section. Discussion on vanilla gfx dont, imo.

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    We get that it is primarily a hardware based forum but behind every bit of hardware lies a game and behind every game lies a new gaming experience that are intended to be shared. Not doing so takes away a lot of actual discussion that many of us would really love to see becomee more of the norm hand in hand with the hardware stuff.

The very reason I started my pimp gaming videos was due to the rather stark lack of actual game based discussion around here once these AAA titles were released which helped promote not just tech but also the very experience the tech serves to help provide us with.

I'd love nothing more than to log in here one day and actually spend 10 minutes reading someone's account of something they actually did in The Witcher 3 beyond mentioning vram usage and framerates. Will I get it? Probably not. Will I watch someone else play the game in a shared video experience? Count on it.

Let's not just encourage games to deliver worthy PC ports and better hardware usage let's also encourage active discussion that takes me on a mental journey for a little while too.

Hardware based forum or not I see no reason why we can't have both.

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I get the issue, WD mods caused an insane amount of spam on the forums, especially with certain people restricting mod passwords to PM (needing 10 posts). I saw it all and complained quite a lot about it.

IDK, maybe i'm expecting too much of here, I know I found here for hardware issues of some form or another, I just wouldn't mind some form of concurrent threads about games, one for tech stuff one for actual gameplay, no idea how it would work tbh and it sounds hard.

Well, it could be maybe partially fixed with splitting the games gaming and game demos (lol demos don't exist any more) section into tech and gameplay, the console section is already gameplay orientated.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.