The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That pic from 2015 doesn't even compare to 2013. This is possibly the biggest downgrade I've ever seen. Worse than W_D.

But apparently it's all just rumors. Jeez, they think we're stupid or something.

yeah, I guess that kinda goes hand in hand with the downgrade. The 2013 footage just looks so gritty, dark and authentic though. The amount of detail helps here. The soft light in 2015 pic could be down to different time of day, at least I hope so, I'm fed up with games looking all warm and gay.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    bro offcourse serious, i love the terminator franchise.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    I just don't understand why a game cannot be released in two different versions. One for PC with all the goodies intact and one obviously downgraded version for the consoles. Are they afraid that PC sales will be higher than console sales? If I didn't have a PC I personally wouldn't buy a PC just because the PC version would look a lot prettier than the version I have on my i.e. PS4. If the only reason nowadays to buy a game on PC is because of higher resolution and AA, then it's not really worth the triple cost of a PC vs console.

The Witcher 2 was first developed to PC and later ported to console, that's the way to go but I guess the smell of many $$$ from Microsoft/Sony is too much to bear.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The more I'm looking at the comparison pics the more sad I am, just look at the detail in the rooftops on the 2013 gif, everything is so detailed and life like, then you look at the 2015 pic, a blurry mess.

Think CDPR should come out and be honest about things, none of this BS from their side is rubbing well with me, I don't stand for idiocy and they should just fess up and be honest about things.
    The problem is they would have to spend a lot more time and that means money to do that. Which I understand, fully. But if that's the case, don't BS the PC community, trying to come across like a saint, like the last stand of PC gaming, a studio that actually cares about PC gaming. Be upfront about it. Thing is, the PC community used to (still do) worship CDPR for their previous efforts. But they've just painted themselves no better than the rest, deceiving little shrews who only care about kerching.

Money is important, but then don't try to portrait yourself as a proper PC dev who gives a f*ck, right?

Last edited: May 13, 2015

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I'm so mad make me wanna just pirate the damn thing, jeez.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    I'll still buy the game since CDPR did put a lot of hard work into this game but it's a real shame that we won't get the 2013 version. I hope they kept the code and will release a True HD version at some point.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I was just thinking that one of the things CDPR could do for damage limitation is come out and be honest about things and offer a discount to PC gamers. Not that I care, I'll play the game anyway, but they have to do something about this. They're shooting themselves in the foot being all quiet about it and hoping it'll wash over. Because it won't.

8. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    That 2013 gif reminds me of Witcher 2 art style.

9. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well, i suppose mods might be able to bring back the 2013 look.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Sad, right?

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Indeed. This is not the game i was waiting for.

13. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    DarkKnightDude- your comparison is just sad to wach. I wanted to play this game, but right now... I'm just mad at CDPR. People preordered 2013 quality, not 2015.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5068898&postcount=1954
    But I need to say, I'm surprised that CDPR mentioned why they did this downgrade.

14. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Weren't there early reports that a GTX980 could do 60 FPS at Ultra, probably because the truth is its not as punishing as everyone thought?

Anyways, at least the gameplay and story should be good.

15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    A year or so ago it was claimed that a GTX 780ti was able to do ultra settings/8xMSAA @ 45FPS.

What I suspect will happen on the 18th on the CDPR forums in regards to the downgrade.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    How the game looks now i would surprised if gtx960 cant max it out.

17. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Official W3 thread is now closed. Guess the heat in the kitchen was getting to hot.

18. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    yup, its not even fair for the 2013 assets. It's like textures Vs Pastel Child painting

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    They know what they did, **** just got real. Its not long now before mods here start calms us down.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't think this will happen on here, we're not really breaking rules, just discussing a bait/switch.

Might just check out the official forums for TW3, just for sh1ts and giggles hahaaa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.