The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Actually, it doesn't matter. When I look at the strengthened synapses page, and how many skill points the 9th - 12th mutations cost to unlock... I'll have to level up like 25 freakin times anyway. I'm sure I'll pick up enough mutagens.

Granted, I'm level 70 now and haven't started any new quests yet after the first main quest (and I will probly use the SetXP mod to get max the amount)... I still don't see that happening.

2. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Just figured out which mutation would benefit my playstyle the most. This is my setup:

[​IMG]

Adrenaline Rush:
    Increases attack power and sign intensity by 30%
    for every enemy you face (for 30 seconds).
    After the buff expires, decreases them by 10%
    for every enemy, for another 30 seconds.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Nice grats

4. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

But is all that even necessary?

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well dunno i use sword mostly bloodbath lets me melt shield dudes and well everything in my path basically.

then slots mods is fun to get 350% buff when you get a tree maxed out. and that one muatgen buff skill.

slots mods is tad op though best left for a 2nd or 3rd playthru and you want to curb stomp everything.

But at your level yea an extra life is probably handy you probably do not have all the upgraded alchemy formulas etc like the potions that give you 100% health x 5 or 6.

Obliterated detlaff with my lady of the lake silver sword, black blood and those.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I was a fan of the one that made your force push just freeze enemies and do massive amounts of damage. Made it way better than the fire one. Could freeze every enemy including bosses

7. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    quick update i'm 253 hrs into the game and still have hearts of stone and blood and wine to start ,,, now i don't know if it's because i've been doing every side quest and chasing all witcher gear and question marks and looting, but im now at the point that the game has started to become a little boring to me and a grind ,,, maybe i should leave all the side quests for now and just concentrate on the finishing the main storyline , as i've even started to forget what the main storyline is about apart from to find cril , anyone else finding the game too long with too much to do ?

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    If you run around chasing every poi and etc yea.

I skipped most of them my first playthrough to get to ng+ especially skelliga there so many i just did not care about, nm some are stupidly hard to figure out how to get to them and if you done novigrad white orchard there really is nothing you need.

You can do hearts of stone at any time, but blood and wine do after you beat the main game, i would say do HoS now get the viper armor and swords, play an amazing story with great characters, then go finish the main game then hop into blood and wine.

Blood and wine is a whole area with poi and etc but its not as cramped and it does a better job guiding you around the map in general plus the area is just nicer to be in.

9. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI

Many thanks ,and i think this is what i'm going to do now :):):)

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    you are welcome, enjoy let us know how you enjoy hearts when you are done i think you will love it.

11. Arabaldo

Arabaldo Active Member

GPU:
    1070Ti
    Finally (but sadly) got around to finish this killer of all other rpgs (that I played). 200h and got the good ending with yennifer at my side. So good a game, no fetchquests and bad acting like so often in these kind of games. Sometimes it was like watching a really good movie. Miss you already Geralt :). Bye and thx for the ride.

12. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Did you do the dlc's?

This never happened to me. I strung out my first playthrough over months specifically because of all the praise and word of mouth on how awesome the main storyline was and how much more satisfying it was after such a lengthy game. I had to avoid spoilers, and I desperately wanted to move the story forward, but I didn't want the game to end so I did everything else first and as I hoped, it was so freakin worth it.

I don't get how you can be bored of the game without having finished the main story. That's kinna strange, imo.

13. Arabaldo

Arabaldo Active Member

GPU:
    1070Ti
    Yes, all dlcs...Blood & Wine was really good...the dialog between Regis and Geralt was exellent.

14. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Just have to post this because it made me lol at a time in the game that's sposed to be scary.

I'm in the initial stages of a mid-game quest (will try not to spoil anything) and I happened to pick up a diary after going into a haunted house. The diary includes many horrible things that leads up, as diary's tend to do, to a clue. On the final heading, it literally reads, "Ahhhhh..."

Immediately made me think of this:
    https://youtu.be/LJfowXTXOfU?t=62

-------

Also... Adding 3 runeslots to Aerondight is cool, right? That's not gonna break anything is it? And if not, what runes do you guys put in yours?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  15. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    finished blood and wine, wonderful writing, loved the way Regis was written/portrayed, enjoyed final boss fight, thumbs up all around

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yes you can add 3 sockets to aerondite np, i see alot of screens of people rocking the +5% atk ones, i like some armor pierce on my swords just incase, so i add those, severance is a all around popular enhancment though if you use twirl alot.

And god i miss python not seen them in years.

18. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Hey guys... best place to find enriched dimeritium ore??

edit: or rather... best place to find (not have to craft) orichalcum ore. That is the stuff that's key to the above metal... fuuuuuck... I gave all my money away to charities so I can't afford to buy the ingredients for all the G-Master gear.

Cerebus, please tell me you found a mineshaft where you can farm unlimited ore like in DA2 or something.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Nope and most of the ores i have found were copper, silver cannot even recall getting ori or dim ores in blood and wine. And sofar all seem loot once and done kind of things.

Think many of the ores i got were through general looting crates barrels etc in open world.

Maybe hit google search and see if there any guides to getting the ores you need.

20. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Well, one of the things you need to craft it is green gold dust... and I freaking spent the whole pre-1.22 patch week robbing every house in Beauclair and already sold all the green gold tableware. FML