1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Poland has a law about contracts becoming invalid if something blows up huge like the Witcher. This was the basis of the author's claims, and maybe the reason they settled.

The "media" presented this whole thing as the author being an idiot and making demands he's not entitled to. They didn't mention Polish law at all, of course. This is because the "media" are run by liars and/or incompetent, self-proclaimed "journalists."

2. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Can't expect people to know polish law. Or accept nonsensical laws as sense making.

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    That's why I said "self-proclaimed journalists." They play "journalist" like little kids play astronaut. They don't know much but they pretend they do. They also aren't investigating anything. They just parrot what they read on reddit. "Journalists" my a$$.

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    You should really finish the game. One of the best out there.

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Having Doug Cockle (Geralt's voice actor) narrate it, and having him say the word "meme", brought that clip over 9000 on the awesome level scale. :D

fantaskarsef and serbicu like this.
  7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    cerebus23 likes this.
  8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    cerebus23 and Amaze like this.
  9. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    Since the game's back on the first page of this forum thought I'd ask if files in the HD Reworked mod are unpacked is it easy to locate the water reflection files or lines?

Welp I know that may sound randomly super specific but if anyone's installed the latest version of HD Reworked you've probably seen it messes up some of the reflections on the water in streams and rivers. So I'm trying to see if I can DIY removal of the water reflection lines and repack the appropriate files. This would hopefully keep the vanilla water reflections while letting the mod's nice HD textures show up everywhere else.

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    They're probably named with water, but if not you could always uncook the mod Aqua and see what textures it modifies and use that info to find the correct ones in HD Reworked.

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
  12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC

[​IMG]

14. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    well i gotta go for another run. im installing TW3 tonight, might be my last run
    since Cyberpunk is not so far away.

quick question : any recommended interesting builds ? i never used signs\potions.. always
    went for full time whirlwind\slash build and simply tore everything apart with my sword. lol.

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    I always invest a lot of points in the Quen, and Aard sign. I think they're both really good when you're facing a lot of enemies.

16. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    yeah, i might go for a hybrid build with some signs but the core itself will still be sword\combat.

anyway.. im taking my time with this play-through and i wanted to give some small tips in the gameplay section that i only discovered
    lately..

- make the HUD small, unless you are playing on a TV screen.
    - use Alternative movement. i discovered it only lately.. it makes the standard option irrelevant the way i see it.
    - disable Action Log
    - disable Path to Objective on minimap
    - play on Death March ( if you already finished it at least once ). this is a MUST in my opinion. makes everything more real.

so im really really enjoying it again, im very early at the Baron part and i intent to open the entire maps
    and do everything the world allows.

these few things i tweaked improves the general feeling even if im just riding Roach and admiring the view.

:)

17. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
  18. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Ooof. I thought that mod was already quite nice as it is.

Speaking of The Witcher 3 in 2019, I started a new playthrough this year. Got distracted by some other games, but here are some screenshots after going HAM on mods and taking in the sights from time to time. Holds up nicely I think.

[​IMG]

More in the spoiler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lucidus, Undying, AsiJu and 4 others like this.
  19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    The HD reworked mod is very impressive. I'm on my 5th play and it looks so good!

fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Honestly, I already thought it was a good looking game vanilla... but these screenshots, very nice. I probably wasted too much time only taking pictures of the great landscape :D