1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Started another playthrough with both DLCs, is it better to play HoS before completing main story? if so when should i go for HoS?

2. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I'd play HoS as soon as you can, it doesn't seem to have much (if any) impact on the main story. It's probably worth waiting until after you've finished the game proper before starting Blood & Wine though.

I finished Blood & Wine last night, got the ending where the two sisters make up and hug at the end. Dettlaff was killed and Regis had to leave due to the vampires in the area turning against him. I'm assuming that's the best possible outcome, I'll go a different route once I start a NG + I think.

I didn't get a 'visitor' to my home, I'm guessing it's due to my having started the expansion early. I'm romancing Yennefer however, seems she's the one that turns up (along with her Unicorn) when that's the case.

I've got most of the key elements for my build now, it's pretty funny getting 60% AP bonuses from greater red mutagens.

3. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Well game design around variable endings is actually the worst part of Witcher 3. All your good/bad endings are based virtually on 2 dialog choices, which don't even seem relevant at all at time the game presents them to you and don't even seem logical to selected ending. I won't go into detail to avoid spoiling the main storyline, but overall this is the biggest W3 weakness. It's just a bit shame they left it like this because the rest of the game is extremely well done.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There's only a new addition to the rewards you can get from O'Dimm if you choose to play HoS before the main story. It makes no difference otherwise.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    It does seem like the playable ending you get hinge on very few choices, while the stuff that's in text only covers a bit more. Still, my ending fit perfectly with how I played.
    Ciri became empress

6. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I started with B&W and loving it. Eventually I will get around to the main story or the other dlc.

7. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    For me the BW and HoS together had better main storyline than the Wild Hunt. Exceptional storytelling and very memorable characters... brilliant. I still can't forget Regis from BW. What a character, what a story :)

8. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    It is like watching a great movie and you get to be in it. The scene in B&W where:

the part where the city burns and vampires are flying overhead and the graphics of all this as you walk through this burning city are the best I have seen in any game, ever. I am now in fairy tale land and again amazed.

9. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I need some help. All of a sudden W3 is rebooting after a couple minutes play. I am at the beanstalk and in W3 BW.

Don't think it is the pc or gpu or cpu because I just tested it out using P3Dv4 flightsim at demanding graphics for an hour and no problems. This flightsim puts twice the load on my cpu and gpu than W3 does.

Anyone ever have this problem with W3?

10. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    hi guys i completed one mission about the vineyard wars and i'm supposed to see liam but he doesn't appear on the map at all. Is this a bug? How do i find him?

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    Did you check the quest log, usually a clue there.
    I don't remember the character but maybe he's in a wine cellar.

12. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    the thing is for every quest they have a marker to show the location/person on the map for him none at all. :3eyes:

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
  14. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Actually I think the endings are done really well because they are designed in such a way to fit with how you shaped your relationship with Ciri within those 5 or 6 individual narrative instances. They are in fact specifically relevant to the ending you get. Not knowing there are multiple endings can be seen as unfair to you as a gamer, but Witcher 3 has proven to be different than most games, and unique in many ways, this one included.

Why would you start with B&W?

Did you do the Vineyard mission before going to the auction, or after going there and starting the quest? You won't get a marker for a step in the quest if you've not gotten to and finished the step(s) before it.

15. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Why would I start with BW - because I wanted to start with the best. I am finding main quest a bit boring so might quit it and go right into HoS.

Why do you ask silly questions?

16. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Have you already played Wild Hunt, then? Is your omission of this basic info the reason my question seems silly to you?

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Nothing silly about his question. B&W should always be played after main story.

18. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    I mean, it doesn't have to. CDPR is that good in their design, that he can do what he wants and things should still work; dialogue/quests will adapt to the order in which he does them.

The only reason I asked was because to truly play B&W first, without a Wild Hunt save in the folder, you have to start with a premade, level 30-something character.

19. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Yes started BW with level 30 character. I am playing WH now starting with 0 level and when done with that will go on to HoS. So far BW is the best time I have ever spent in this type of game.

I probably should have started with WH because, after playing BW, I am finding WH a bit boring and not nearly as good as BW.

20. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    The pinnacle of WH story was when the Wild Hunt attacked Kaer Morhen. After that it went downhill, it felt like it was there just to prolong the main story. Also the last WH mission was... average. Thanks god they released those wonderful DLCs.