The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Go for it! It has some framerate issues on ps3 but it's still very playable.
    For me, it's one of the best games I've ever played. A game I will forever remember.
    It's about 16 hours long. The dlc story "Left Behind" is maybe 3 hours.

Sorry for getting off-topic :)

2. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Man, I didn't play through it, but I watched every episode of a LP on yt, and man, was that a well done game. Voice acting was on par with Bioshock: Infinite.

It's the painted world! Had no drops on my end (that I noticed).

I had a slight hiccup at that part in my NG+ playthrough, with a fight that happens relatively early once you enter the estate. PM me if you run into any trouble...

3. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Games of the W3 quality?

Such games do not exist.

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    He said "match this".. and the answer to that question is invariably, nothing.

5. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    It has a lot of stuff to do in a pretty setting, and well written quests (albeit a lot of them involve some pretty boring stuff), but actual gameplay as in combat.....? Not exactly great there. Actual gameplay, I'd say DS3 pretty much wipes its butt with witcher 3 combat, same goes for Dragons Dogma.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ I could see that.. but the whole package is ultimately what I, and I assume, Arabaldo, was referring to.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    No issues at the estate, got the rose. off to meet the gang.

8. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Agreed, unfortunately. Why can't more devs makes REAL rpgs like The Witcher?

9. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    True enough, now if they just make a game like the witcher with dark souls combat we'd be set.

10. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    So you're saying the fight [outside] was normal... no shenanigans with healthbars, no damage issues?

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    No my lady of the lake silver sword made short work of him, think its base damage is in the 1150 range for that battle. Did not notice anything off.

Bugs are so hit and miss for people in this 1.21 patch it is odd bet they going to have a fun time trying to squash them all.

12. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    He died in a single hit from me, though he had am empty healthbar and I was expecting him to take no damage.

However, the mod I'm using that forces only spectres, vampires, etc to require silver swords (which seems to be working in B&W), I have to remove every so often, so I think that had something to do with it. Who knows.

Damn, Toussaint is beautiful. I wonder what region it is modeled after.

13. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    To me, even though HoS was very good, it was not quite up to the standards of the main game. This expansion, so far anyway, is better, I'm up to the defense of the city part and it has been very good. I have only done the side quests you run into while doing the main storyline. I have not gone out and examined every question mark and message board and I didn't do that in the main game or in HoS either. I recently did the side quest to retrieve the "missing parts" of the statue and that was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in a game.

I'm stuck on deciding which route to follow now. I suppose it would be possible to choose one after making sure I had a save beforehand, play it through, and then later go back to that save and try the other one?

I'm talking about either freeing Syanna or going to see the master Vampire. The Vampire one looks like the most fun to me but I don't know.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well one you get the worst ending, the other you can get the best ending if you do something during it.

15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I might be late for the party but without Hairworks - sure it can. If my OCd 980Ti can run the game at Ultra (no HW) 1440p at 75-80 fps in the wilderness, so can a 1070 :)

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    When the game gives you the obvious choice (shows up in quest marker as do this thing OR do this thing), make a manual save there, don't overwrite it (wish you could name saves).

Do both, one gets you an unavoidable tragic ending, the other can get you the best ending if you get a specific item during a quest (you would have to ignore the quest log).

But make sure to do the second one again and miss the item, and don't fight big boss, get another interesting ending.

Takes about 5 hours or so to see all the endings from that point, since on the other times around you can skip some repeated conversations.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I think most people think HoS is greater than nearly all the game. :p.

Gaunter and oligerd are amazing chracters. In a great story. The tone is overall pretty dark though.

BaW has more toungue and cheek you go very dark and veer off into the absolute silly pretty constatly through the whole thing. But detlaff is kinda of meh as a bad guy, compared to a gaunter or oligerd. D gets several good moments but olgeard was a fascinating character nearly every time he was on screen, nm gaunter.

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Indeed, the fine folks at Digital Foundry has done a test without Hairworks:

20. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I have to lock it at 30 fps on 3 290x's...yeah gameworks! yeah crap amd!