The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    Once you finish the final mission you are free to do what you want. But there is a section before that where you are sort of locked into just the final mission. Don't wanna spoil anything so I can't say more than that. You do get a warning when it happens and it's pretty clear just from the story when it happens too.

Side quests can be done after final mission, just not the ones relating to major characters as Brogan mentioned.

2. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Yea, that's why I phrased it, 'the events following the Isle of Mists' so I wouldn't spoil any major.... *sigh*.... occurrences in that "chain" of quests for you. I wasn't sure if you had gone to the I.O.M. yet. And yes, after you complete Wild Hunt, you are put back into the world and can do any quests you have remaining (or haven't yet discovered).

Assuming you've finished that chain, and killed... that one character... as well as ... those other characters... then you are currently in the "free to roam" part of the game. It also means you would have already failed any quest that triggered when you reach that point under the rocks at Undvik. So you can now start HoS at the 7 Cats Inn notice board.

What level are you, btw?

(Also, I hope you didn't decide to bring a certain descendant of Lara Dorren to meet her estranged parent... though it's perfectly fine if you did.. heh...)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm level 31 and I did meet snow white and her dwarves :p I already had done the quests for all the major characters up to that point so nothing failed then, just Collect Them All. I'm right now in Novigrad and am supposed to help a few major characters before the final showdown.

Not sure who Lara Dorren is though lol. Is this part of a secondary quest or an expansion?

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    Lara Dorren is an ancestor of "snow white". She's the source of elder blood basically.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh ... I get what he meant now lol. Yeah I took her to her estranged parent :eek: That's hardly the worst thing I've done I guess. That rat tower comes to mind :p

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Just testing new Elder Blood Lighting Mod. What do you guys think?

First picture is EBLM + Reshade + many other graphical mods and second picture is only maxed out original.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  7. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Looks good. Bit of a harsher color pallette. Probly looks even better with overcast/rainy weather.

Also, I just realized @lucidus has yet to experience both the Scenes From a Marriage and Beyond Hill & Dale quests. Hell, any of the DLC quests.

So jealous. Wish I could erase my memory just to play those again.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Finished the main story :D

Geralt <3 Yennefer
    Empress Ciri!

Would she have died depending on what Geralt says (or doesn't) in the final tower?

I'm happy with the ending I got. Level 36, all contracts done, fought around the world, and a crap ton of side quests in 102 hours! Almost didn't play it because I hated the controls and UI of W2 lol. I'll start Hearts of Stone tomorrow.

9. aggregatebuzz

aggregatebuzz Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX1080Ti FE
    still playing new game+ and at lvl 81 with full grand master ursine gear in Blood and Whine
    got a 3840x2160 40" Samsung 6290 tv now and the game does look different as compared to the 2560x1600 HP3065 display I used for 10 years
    had to drop to the high preset but still runs smooth than with no hair works
    just did the gray top mushroom quest and enjoyed conversing with Roach
    this is one to remember

10. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    She goes ded if you fail to make 2 choices after finding her that count as positive.
    further spoiler..
    positive being
    -snowball fight after the KM battle
    -letting her go alone to talk with the sorceresses
    -trashing the Elf lab
    -going with her to Hindarsfjall for the dead guy
    (those lead to witcheress ending)

and if you chose to visit Emhyr there's an additional positive choice in No accepting the money, that option leads to Empress if you've completed the Radovid assassination plot sidequest (if Emhyr dies she doesnt go to him aka witcheress ending)
    (empress ending)

11. Sabbath

Sabbath Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Still playing here. And i just hit lvl 100 this is a very :cool: game.

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    A question the ps4 version of the witcher goty install size is 47gig according to Amazon but people who bought the witcher and all the dlc independently say it's 67gig on there ps4 and it comes all on one blu Ray?

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I trashed the lab and I had such a good laugh when Geralt knocked the glass down and they did their thing! Yen also drew the moustache on his portrait... great scene.

I didn't get the snowball fight though. It wasn't even offered. Maybe it's due to the convo choices I made. Geralt & Ciri went to drink at the keep and she was talking about kittens and pudding instead and it showed up in the final flash back instead of the snowballs I've seen in another person's video.

I refused the money and that did show up too. TBH I cheated on this one because I read about that quest on wiki :O I would've accepted the money otherwise. Roach got replaced with a Nilfgaard blue horse instead. Money's not been a problem after I unlocked the Elven blacksmith in Novi and started selling off old and enemies' equipment since he has the best rate from what I've seen so Emhyr could keep his money lol.

14. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Recently got the GOTY edition and yes it comes on one blue ray. Not sure about the size, will check it later.

After avoiding it for a year now I'm starting to understand what all the fuzz is about. The world is so big and full of stuff, that you really lose yourself in it. At the moment I can afford 1.5-2h sessions and it seems I'm barely scratching the surface. Hopefully I'll have more time next week..

15. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You always get it, you chose the option to get drunk with her that counts as a "bad" option

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Big difference no doubt. Two very different styles. I personally prefer vanilla :)

17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    A winter mod:

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Looks interesting, but I would have liked that they do Skellige instead, I know there are snowy parts there already, but I would like them to enhance them and add more snow storms like in this video.

I feel that Velen looks the "best" when it's rainy and muddy, so gritty and unforgiving. With the snow it loses all of that atmosphere and detail.

19. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Amazing how they put the full game and all the dlc on one blu Ray 46gig ps4 version goty

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Trying to get the game to run at 4K/60fps, not an easy task.