The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Does W3 take advantage of SLI? Skyrim doesn't and Fallout 4 doesn't but GTA 5 sure does and I hope the W3 series also will.

Also is there a mod to make the combat easier with less keyboard moves?

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Don't know about 3-way SLI, but 2-way scaling in Witcher 3 was sublime on my 970s. GTA V and Witcher 3 had pretty much the best SLI scaling I ever seen.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    New hotfix today

4. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Nice. I thought they said they were 100% focused on Cyberpunk now.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
  6. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Yea, I saw that for the 1.3 patch. He looks better, though I never had a problem with the old look.

The game is a work of art.

That said, I hope the scope of Cyberpunk gives them the ability to avoid the re-using of npc's texture models and skins. That was really one of the only visual annoyances for me.

7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Gopher finally made it through the game after 16 months or something lol

8. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I don't think Gopher has any idea how big the DLCs are....

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I finally finished the witcher moved on to the witcher 2 660gtx not great for the game fps is anywhere from 30-60fps ><

CPu barrely uses 5 % though

witcher 2 looks way nicer in fact i looks niced the DD:DA which runs better then Witcher 2

Kinda sad dont wana get new card but might have tii

10. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    If you truly want to get the full, amazing and mindblowing experience- the PC maxed with mods is essential. Its the first game I have ever felt truly immersed in a different world and was actually absorbing the world. So I am biased on that :).

Do it!

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Barely any mods work with the lastest patch and the GOTY edition.

Edit: I think you're referring to W2 after re-reading your post?

12. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    No, I meant 3. All my mods work fine. I try to keep the art direction as close as possible to the original. Most of the ones I use are graphic mods. HD textures, Increased LOD, Supreme to Extreme Graphics Settings, ultra gore, better blood, and enhanced weather. I leave the color and lighting alone.

All of those mods work just fine. Ive been playing pretty much all day today.

edit: I have the standard steam version.

edit 2: I just realized he was talking about 2 and not 3 hahaha. I was reading your post like "how would he think that?" haha. Sorry!

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh i dont want to mod witcher 2 I will never finish it then, Every game I ever started modding skyrim/oblivion etc etc I never finished.

Graphics is huge diffrence from the witcher think the sound is much better too, I pretty much played the witcher 1 with my headphones on and soon as i started 2 it notice the sound way better and more immersive.

Still kinda shocked the 660 is pretty much pegged at 90-99% and can have framerates of 30-60 the 6700k barely hits 5% usages gather game cares more about gpu. I using high spec except I set
    Texture Memory size = very high
    Shadows = medium
    Blur Effect = Disable
    DOF game/Cinema = disabled
    SSAO = disabled (honestly never seen diffrence with this on or off in game i ever played atlest not enough to warrenty hit to performance)

14. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti

I thought you were talking about 3 tbh. Apparently I can not read ;)

But I do agree to a point about modding. Modding itself can become the game if you get too crazy with it.
    I do not know how you can not see the difference with AO off or on. Its huge! Perhaps not in all games, but most newer games the difference is very striking. Perhaps personal preference?

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    probably cause AO effect how shadows look and I dont pay attention to shadows I have Seen image of game with it on and off while I see difference and does add to the image but it not some I gona really notice when playing I notice the fps hit more.

I had force it on in the witcher and saw zero diffrence.

AS for modding yah.... Only reason I start up Skyrim these days is to just to see what said mod I just randomly updated changed. which why to this day I have not even finish the main story let alone the expansions. IF I finish said game before starting to mod it there no issue but if before yah said game my never get finish.

Im sure once I get to 3 I gona be like ugh I really need a new gpu...

But with performance showing on current gen cards with current game, I think i want to wait till 11xx series or later if possible.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Have a look at this when you get to 3:

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    will do when I get to 3, if that is accurate image of low spec low spec look horrid lmao, though I might just break down get new card I just bet the krakan in witcher 2 and the fight had horride frame rate I think my 660gtx was having a heart again, highly dought the 6700k or the 16gb ram is this issue.

though I probably gona restart the game cause I missed the part where I learned haggling and 20% off stuff is alot consider prices of stuff, that and my OCD demands it. it is beautiful game though, like it make skyrim look like crap and i acutal thought skyrim look nice.

18. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    I'm now 77 and not long until i finish Blood and Wine. I still have couple of question marks, but nowhere near the amount to reach level 100 :).

I started NG+ at level 37. I used a completely new style of approaching the quests, thinking i will gain some more level points but i finished NG+ at 64-65 i think and Heart of Stone gave me 3 levels. I started Blood and Wine at 67-68 something like that.

I think in order to reach 100 you need to play the game once and both dlc's then start a NG+ and go through again. I practically played the two dlc's one time, at NG+.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  19. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Absolutely! That is exactly how I play, and sometimes I don't care if I have to reply hours to get something I missed or do something right. And with SO many minor, little things in W3 that affect other areas, you should feel no shame in the slightest taking this approach when you finally start playing it. Because tbh, the longer you can milk the experience, the better it will be. Trust me on this.

And also, do yourself a favor, get yourself a new GPU for your first playthrough. You will not believe how beautiful it is when you are able to max it out visually. All the screens on the Web don't do it justice.

Yea, I was lucky enough to start NG+ at about the same level as you before they changed up (screwed up?) some things with the GOTY patch.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I started NG+ at like 52-53, now I'm ~65 and I didn't even leave Velen yet. I'm pretty sure 100 will be easily doable for me. :p