The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Also shadows are broken in some of the houses in Blood and Wine. Baking has failed in couple of instances.

2. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    There were some houses (mostly the smaller ones) that had this strange pattern of black textures along the walls and ceilings. I'd say about 15-10% of one of the specific types of medium/small dwellings.

I also remember a couple specific 3rd floor lighting anomalies very much like the kind in demented brave's post, but positioned along a horizontal plane in the room that transitioned from dark to bright if you raised the camera angle above Geralt's head. This was in like, 2, maybe 3 at most of the most luxurious homes in Beauclair.

Thing is, all games have these kind of minor bugs - things that don't really affect anything but are just minor eyesores amid a stunning tapestry. I don't see them fixing these lighting issues unless there's a bunch of other stuff they feel they need to patch post-GOTY ed.

Heh... it's funny. These are such minor details, but because of how much I loved playing this game - and exploring nearly every square inch of this world - I will likely remember these details for decades. (I mean... I still remember what rock you could find a totally random +2 Ring of Protection in Baldur's Gate)

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  4. DarkLiberator

DarkLiberator Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Yeah, I just tried a 60K resolution screenshot. The image size was 1.38 GB.

Not even sure where I can upload that.

5. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    Well, i can't even make ansel menu appear, but you can freecam when pressig ALT+F

6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Pretty valid criticisms here. I still enjoyed the journey though. Regis and Anna were great characters.

Took about 150-160 hours for the whole thing. Still got tons of question marks in Skellige, but I don't think I'll go back for them.

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I cleared every single expansion + all question marks twice (~520 hours played), and I'm heading to my NG+ playtrough. My build/equipment is so OP right now, that I'm curious if DM in NG+ will be much harder than in regular. I also horded about 200k gold (no exploits) because of this, and I plan to craft all Legendary Witcher armor sets and expose them in Corvo Bianco. :nerd:

Yep, I still freaking love this game, and I can say that it's without doubt in my top3 favourite games ever made.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    New Game+ in this game is a bit weird as from my understanding it takes your current level as the new base level so if you are already at a very high character level or possibly even at the cap the game will began there and then scale up further as you progress, it does make the game more difficult but it has a tendency to bug from what I've read where it scales items and such above the level cap so you might run into a situation where you get items you can't use.

Don't know if that has been fixed or not.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Didn't they remove the level cap...?

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    It's 70 now but it's not removed as far as I'm aware, I could be completely wrong of course and have missed that particular patch detail. :)
    (Thought it was 60 and then was raised to 70 with B&W but yeah I could have missed it being entirely uncapped in a recent patch.)

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-has-no-level-cap/1100-6427778/

12. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    It's 100 now, and as long as you're not higher than level 50-52 for NG+, you won't run into problems.

13. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I started my DM NG+ on level 50+ and with my (alchemy heavy critical)build most of the encounters in White Orchid are basically one hit wonders.

It's kind of cool as then Geralt actually feels like bad ass.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Yeah, with Severence on Aerondwight and that green mutation which gives damage with toxicity (I have 4 decoctions and spare for potions at ~305 toxicity) which name I can't remember. Whirlwinding the **** out of everything with igni/aard at the start, just ridiculous.

Good to know I'll be able to keep on raping in NG+.:giggle2:

15. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Hahaha. Exactly :)

And in NG+ when you get more points I believe it will get even more ridiculous, with all skills combined like:

Hunter Instinct
    Killing Spree

In addition to everything else you already got (unless you already had those in use. I haven't even added those yet) :D

16. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2070
    Patch 1.30 Changelog

Characters

• Vimme Vivaldi is now sporting a fresh look.

Gameplay

• Fixes issue whereby oil descriptions were not removed from swords.
    • Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to obtain certain dye recipes.
    • Fixes issue whereby it was possible to skip the entire second phase of the Eredin fight.
    • Fixes issue whereby a silver sword was needed to craft the Mastercrafted Legendary Griffin Steel Sword.
    • Fixes issue whereby two NPCs from the "Without a Trace" quest were impossible to defeat.
    • The Rabid Rock Trolls near the Dun Tynne crossroads are slightly less rabid on the "Just the Story" difficulty level.
    • Fixes issue that allowed users to switch bolts underwater, resulting in lower damage dealt during said submersion.
    • Corrects the value of the Adrenaline Rush buff during the fight against a group of bandits in the "Capture the Castle" quest.
    • Introduces tweaks to the loot randomization system.
    • Dealing a killing blow now generates the correct amount of Adrenaline.
    • Fixes issue whereby Roach's tail could vanish.
    • For those affected by this issue, swapping saddles, saving the game and then loading that save is recommended.
    • Adjusts the maximum level for items, quests and NPCs to address level requirement discrepancies if player started NG+ on a very high level. Item and quest maximum level is now 100. NPCs maximum level is 105.
    • Corrects the statistics of the Hen Gaidth and Tesham Mutna sets in New Game + mode.
    • Fixes issue whereby the Toussaint Knight's Steel Sword Diagram was not added to the crafting page after looting it.
    • Fixes issue whereby the Second Life mutation could, under certain circumstances, grant Geralt infinite health regeneration.
    • Fixes issue whereby the Wicked Witch in the "Beyond Hill and Dale..." quest could occasionally prove invincible.
    • Fixes issue whereby the Euphoria buff was not applied correctly following the imbibing of a decoction.
    • -
      GUI
    • -
    • Fixes issue whereby it was possible to place a skill in a mutation slot of a different color.
    • Fixes Steam controller issues.
    • Adds PlayStation controller prompt icons.
    • Fixes issue whereby craftable items in New Game + mode could have incorrect level requirements.
    • Fixes issues affecting the dismantling of mutagens in bulk in the alchemy lab.
    • -
      Quests
    • -
    • Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to interact with loot chests in the "Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear" quest.
    • Fixes issue whereby Geralt's entry would disappear from the Glossary once he decided to join the tourney under his true name.
    • Fixes issue whereby two bandits outside the Nowhere Inn could prove impossible to kill during the "Following the Thread" quest.
    • Fixes issue whereby players could occasionally become blocked during the "Contract: Bovine Blues" quest due to a dracolizard's overly friendly attitude.
    • Fixes issue whereby Reginald's statue could not be placed in Corvo Bianco's front yard.
    • Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to kill Morkvarg in New Game + mode during the "In Wolf's Clothing quest".
    • Fixes issue whereby it was occasionally not possible to use the Alchemy Table at Corvo Bianco.
    • Fixes issue whereby the progression of the "Equine Phantoms" quest could occasionally be blocked.
    • Fixes issue whereby the objective to wear attire befitting the occasion could be displayed indefinitely after the player fulfilled it in the "The Man from Cintra" quest.
    • Fixes issue whereby the quest "Contract: Bovine Blues" could not be completed if the "Big Feet to Fill" point of interest had not been completed.
    • Fixes issue whereby Vivienne could despawn in the "The Warble of a Smitten Knight" quest.
    • Fixes issue whereby the progression of the "Feet Cold As Ice" quest could occasionally be blocked.
    • Fixes issue whereby it was possible to inadvertently reactivate the objective of the "Feet Cold As Ice" quest.
    • Fixes additional instances of an issue whereby the borders meant to exist only during the "Night of Long Fangs" quest would sometimes become enabled outside the duration of the quest, preventing users from exploring Toussaint.
    • Hughes is now spawned correctly following the "One more day" choice in the "Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of Granite!" quest.
    • It is no longer possible to get trapped inside The Pheasantry during the progression of the "Gwent: Never Fear, Skellige's Here" quest.
    • Fixes issue whereby the progression of the "Big Feet to Fill" quest could occasionally be blocked.
    • Fixes issue whereby the statues in the "Extreme Cosplay" quest occasionally would not spawn.
    • Fixes issue whereby the bruxa in the "The Beast of Toussaint" quest would display pacifist tendencies, whereas the progression of the story needed her to turn hostile.
    • Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to interact with the footsteps during the crime scene investigation in the "The Beast of Toussaint" quest.
    • Fixes issue whereby it could be impossible to talk to the quest giver in the quest titled "Knight for Hire."

Releases tomorrow.

17. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Jesus. Imagine how much work is going into Cyberpunk.

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    Yup.

Every time I load The Witcher 3, I am reminded what a proper game can be.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    CDPR worth over one billion dollars now. They've released their 2nd quarterly report where they mention sales for 70m dollars with a profit of 28m dollars for this quarter.

They hope to make a profit of 2b dollars over the next five years based on projected sales of the games Gwent and Cyberpunk 2077 but also sales revenues from GOG.

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350