The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    After finishing the game last night my post game depression is very high. A great and rare game indeed. Only the best games give me post game depression. i can honestly say this game deserves a spot next to legends like FF7 and Chrono trigger.

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    So anyone noticed that Geralt's hair with HW enabled now looks better than it did before patch 1.07?

It looks like they added more strands of hair, which was a real problem before because with HW enabled pre patch 1.07, there was very little differentiation between the individual hair strands on Geralt's head; especially in the front of his hair.

Now I can honestly say that Geralt's hair with HW enabled looks better than with it turned off..

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I can empathize, despite just only recently finishing with the battle of Kaer Morhen. This game really is amazing. It's incredible how high of a standard CDPR has managed to achieve with this game, considering there was so much potential for disaster because of it's size and scope.

This game is truly AAA quality, and will definitely be my GoTY candidate.

4. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I started another playthrough and can say I'm just as excited about it as I was the first time. It's a just an awesome game.
    The patches have also made the game more enjoyable the second time around.
    I noticed that as well, along with some other visual aspects through out the game. They're really doing a great job!

5. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    I'm scared witless of post game depression, that's why I walk everywhere now LOL
    Another play through?
    I don't think so, how about another 2 play throughs!! :)

6. aquarius_varun

aquarius_varun Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 windforce
    I played another 3h today (37h) and finished the ladies of the wood/a bunch of other side quests lvl 11 or below. I am at lvl 10... and I already beat the wyvern to get the griffen sword. :p I am loving it so much... the combat is awesome. Man! The grave hag quest is so much fun too... Just ran into it without even looking at the contract on the board. LOVE this game...love this world. Fantastic. And something similar happened later...was doing a side quest...I freaking ran into a lvl 21 monster (I am lvl10) that was this badass slender man style creature that manipulates tree roots. holy ****...I ran away. lol

here is a geeky thing... I started the game by wearing my witcher wolf medallion... lol...so sad...but that thing is bad ass. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  7. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Would anyone be kind enough to link there vanilla 'startup.bundle & xml.bundle' for me to download

I've made the school boy error of overwriting them without making back ups first & now I need them :bang:

8. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Here they are, they are from the GoG version of the game if that makes a difference.

https://mega.co.nz/#!cZNhxBrR!JLcwIJTCwZPKatSvQllf6CzrhdljtcFlRtWI1eYcgz0

9. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
  10. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    just finished it at level 36, i heard there are two endings, don't know but i finished it exactly as i intended..awesome ending, now to wait for the dlc's.
    oh and at level 36 and blood and broken bones difficulty settings final battles were jokes.

11. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I'm exploring everything I can find. Just running around maps. Level 15, almost 100 hours in, and just finished Pyres of Novigrad (main plot progression).

I don't want to finish this game, this is THE BEST game I've played.

12. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    There are actually 3 different endings with a few sub plots as well.

13. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Unofficial fix for broken "Hey, You Wanna Look At My Stuff?" quest - BAM!

PS. Just how many quests was end up broken exactly after 1.07 release? :3eyes:

14. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Is there an accurate way to view your playing time? Gog tells me one thing which is way off and ingame tells me another thing which is way off, I'm sure I've played a lot more than the 28 hours or so it's telling me.

15. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    How do you know the GOG number is off? How do you get a number ingame?

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Gog says I've played for 12h 16m and I'm level 15 averaging 3-4 hours per day the last couple of weeks alone, ingame on your stat screen it shows you in days/hours/minutes played. Most of the time when I'm playing I don't have Gog running I just start Witcher from its own icon.

17. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Me too, I started to play the game again after a few weeks and it looks different then I last played it. Maybe some different post process effects were added or something

18. aquarius_varun

aquarius_varun Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 windforce
    Or maybe a different time of day? I have been pondering whether I should try some of those mods at nexus for E3gfx...but I feel for the first play through, I should play it as the devs intended. I mean nothing will bring back that "forward lit particles" and multiple dynamic light sources from the wild hunt trailer with the village burning...so not really that much of a difference anyways.

I wonder if CDP would ever consider implementing back the original taxing gfx engine for a new uber level for the enhanced edition. ;)

19. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Sigh, well after a minor taste ( couple of nights ) of un-crashing bliss, it's back to crashy la la. :(
    No peace for the wicked - back to imagining things in my set up it doesn't like.

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Try putting your power management mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance" in the Witcher 3 profile in the driver panel.

That got rid of my crashing issues post 1.07 update..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.