The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I'm now at ~130 hours played and only level 23, it's massive and sooo addictive, even just exploring the huge world can take you hours and hours, not to mention the actual quests, gwent etc.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Next free DLC is only alternative look for Ciri. No word of the patch. Maybe the DLC is coming before the huge 1.07 patch.

3. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I agree with every ones sentiments here. Game is great value and highly addictive. GTAV is collecting dust :p

Best SP game i've ever played.

4. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    I simply don't want the game to end. Level 25 and about 400 hours.

I have literally been in a boat since getting to Skellige and doing some preliminary quests early this month. I'm exploring EVERY island, '?' or not. I've killed so many sirens and ekhidna's I hear their screams in my sleep (though that siren horn comes in handy). But I freakin love it!

I feel like Chistopher Columbus. Every new island has something cool on it. And if not it just looks cool. So much to find.

Also, I think I want to get a boat now.

5. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I finished the game at level 32 and with only 35 hours played. I got what I consider to be the best ending compared to the other possibilities. I am now going to do some of the new DLC quests and some contracts I skipped before.

Do not read the following unless you have finished the game.

I got the ending where you tell the Emperor that Ciri is dead but then you meet up with her and give her her new Witcher sword and she becomes a full fledged Witcher. I like that ending better than Ciri becoming Empress and leaving Geralt kind of heartbroken. It's also far superior to the one where she really is dead.

Geralt also went off with his true love, Yennefer. Djikstra and Radovid were killed and the Baron hung himself.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  6. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    I was about to start playing W3 today and then heard about the 1.07 looming in the near future so now I want to wait for that.

7. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Christ, man! You ploughed though that a bit quick! I was double the time before completing the main story. I know everyone plays differently but this game is best when it's savoured, taken slowly and explored.

On the other hand @Brogan - 400hours and level 25!? What the hell are you doing?? :gape: Do you walk everywhere, 2 steps forward 1 step back? I don't think I could make the game last that long if I tried.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  8. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    ETA on patch?

9. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Bit of a completionist, I guess.

And in terms of exploration, in this game, I tend to not assume I know what's on the other side of a hill or lake. It's almost always something different and I dunno how many times I've found a treasure chest hidden WAY off the beaten path.

10. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Hey guys, thanks for the concern, and my late reply, my life is no longer my own.
    Frustration over PC and games .. hmm, after 5 decades of life, one should be at least heading towards the realization that working on emotional mastery is a prerequisite for sanity and health.
    In other words, minor irritation is what I get, as PC / games are 'supposed to be fun' :)

RE the PSU, I saw this page explain how much power you draw with a high end CPU / GPU under stress.
    As it just so happened my I bought an RM450 for my 2nd non gaming PC and for giggles I put it in this machine, did the same test, and got the same result.

This was all concurrent with getting my present PSU - I am not saying it's not the problem, but after seeing with my own eyes just how power efficient this new fandangled Intel/Nvidia has become I was pretty blown away, 'specially after coming from my hot hungry 1090T with a HD7970.

I did see Hilberts recommendations and I am not pretending to understand stuff that's over my head, however According to jonnyguru and others, this is a solid PSU.

But anyhoo, I DID downclock to stock on PSU / CPU.
    Also, I have been experimenting with stopping my Kraken X61 software, and Logitech software, while witchering - and tonight I got 2.5 hours free of a crash .. so I am not completely suicidal just yet :)
    The only thing that really mystifies me, is all through White Orchard, witch took me quite some time, I never crashed once. Bizarre!

On another note, after reading Carfax's talk of headphones, I have just ordered a Audio Technica ATH-M50X, as my multi play talk with other humans days seem numbered, I may as well get headphones rather than headset.
    I have a dinosaur X-Fi Titanium that I was using with speakers and it sounded lovely, not sure if it will drive the headphones as well?
    After all, who knows, maybe Witcher 3 don't like Logitech g35 7.1 shenanigans.

edit: Hmm, I must admit it's tempting to think it may be PSU related after all.
    Seems bizarre, but I did have that message from the mobo about power surge, and the symptom of the freeze with audio going on.
    Some stability tests might be the go.

There is a strong urge to express expletives, like poohs and wees! :(
    Oh well that's the happy world we live in as the PC master race :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015

11. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Most likely Wednesday.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I'd be a bit worried on running x2 970 on my antec tp850 w. You def need to run at stock and see if the crashes happen then.

If they dont then it does seems to point at your psu and i'd rebuild.

(you can always use the other one in a media build which is worth doing in case you main one starts playing silly buggers).

Next build i do i'll go for a 850/1000w. (most likely the 1000w to be on the safe side).

13. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    I do hope it's today, I'm holding off playing the game until it's released now. I'm just hoping performance is a little better and Roach will stop acting like an actual horse and just do as I want him to :)

14. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Thanks for the advice, ( I know my sig says o/c but since this drama I have put back to stock CPU/GPU ) but you know it really is strange, today I run Aida64 stability test, which does the GPU as well, for 2 hours and it didn't miss a beat ( I know I know, run Prime for 2 weeks before you say its stable!! :wanker: )
    Also I put my Watt measuring apparatus with the stress stest and it barely got to 400 Watts.
    I then ran The Witcher 3 and found the Wattage quite varied, but pretty much didn't go over 350.

As if the machine heard my moans - it let me play Witcheepooh tonight for about 3 hours with a hitch!
    But the vagaries of hardware is like the mystery of life, and so I will keep an eye on this, not totally convinced after my tests that the PSU is at fault.
    For example, an unlikely but possible answer to no CTD tonight is;
    I did buy some headphones, and use a soundcard as opposed to my Logitech G35 - sound was def nicer all except the Ard sound, which on the G35s sounds like a real blast .. pun intended!
    Maybe it didn't like the USB / Logitech software? :3eyes:
    But as my gran used to say "it's early days"

15. Mariyan

Mariyan New Member

GPU:
    280X
    Guys, do you think there's any chance of CDPR surprising us with the announcement of a DX12 edition following the release of Win10 at the end of the month :) Some devs have mentioned such a possibility before :confused:

16. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    It would be great but I really doubt that.

17. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Sadly, I doubt it too. We should see DX12 in CyberPunk 2077 though :)

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's more likely, IMO, that CDPR would release a DirectX 12 update for The Witcher 3 in a year's time when all the DLC has been released for the game and then they could sell it with some extra content as a Enhanced Edition as they have done with the previous two games.

I held off playing this game for the time being when I read about the upcoming v1.07 patch so I am getting more than a bit impatient and annoyed that it has not been released yet. Wasn't it announced over a week ago now and supposed to be in certification for the consoles? I wish they'd just kept quiet about it now and just released it when it was actually ready to be released! :wanker:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  19. XpoLon

XpoLon Member

GPU:
    GTX 460
    Any news for release date of patch 1.07?

20. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.