1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC2
    I swear, I hate PC's sometimes....

so had a friend over today, who hadn't seen Witcher 3 and was excited to watch me play a bit of it

so I loaded it up.. and within the first 10-15 minutes of playing...
    a nice driver crash during a cool battle "nVidia display driver has stopped working!"

I never get any luck.. ugh

I haven't had ONE crash in this game until today with this 980ti... I hope it's not going to be something permanent.

2. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Holy headphonification batboy, those look ultra mean and a price tag that could put a deposit on a bossy modern female!
    But seriously, I expect it's a quality jump from my tatty slightly uncomfortable Logitech G35 - and the look alone makes me hover over the buy button.
    So I guess they drown out the sound of everything melting in the 72 degree heat?
    Or at least noisy PC - could be what I need as a domestic situation has required full time headphones now.

There's some sense here, I thought my overclock was stable as it has been running for .. I don't even know long now but I did dial it back to stock as an experiment. :)

Art imitates life, we had a dump of snow here, first time in decades, and what do I find exploring Skellige?
    You guessed it, frozen rain, with authentic 'crunch crunch' sounds and even more trippy, Geralt leaves snowprints!
    What a game :)

3. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    If I usually have to crash, its within the first fifteen minutes. If I pass that then I can play for hours at a stretch until the game bombs my virtual memory. Need more RAM. Must download it.

4. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Most of the crashes are on Nvidia systems....

5. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I had 2 in the whole campaign and i only own nvidia gpus.

Crashes, unless proven that are game-specific, could depend on a variety of issues.

6. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Well, I finally finished the game. 131 hours according to steam, and I still have some side quests and witcher contracts to be done.

7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x970,Gsync,3DVsn2
    I just go very slowly I guess, still haven't visit Skel Isles and according to game I am on full 11 days/ (actually 265+ hours) of gameplay..lol

From what I see Steam and GoG shows the running time from the moment you launch game,not the actual in-gameplay. (clients = few hours more)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  8. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    140 hours in game without crash

9. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury

Ok, so maybe peoples PCs aren't as stable as they thought.

10. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 FE
    105 hours; two crashes, but they were defiantly related to high OC as both times I had put another 100mhz on the memory and the game crashed within 20 minutes. Apart from those two times, not a hitch even during 5-6 hour play sessions.

On another note what level is everyone on? I'm level 35 completed the main quests and struggling to get any decent exp now but I found a enemy way higher than me (details in spoiler)
    level 48 griffin in skellige on top of a small island guarding treasure
    Has anyone else come across it and defeated it?

11. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    *sigh* .. well you guys with bugar all crashes are lucky.
    I went back to stock clocks.
    Clean installation of new drivers, got about an hour in - then at the most immersed moment .. Zzzzzzzappp!! CTD.
    These issues can only be resolved with tissues. :(

12. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 FE
    Sorry to hear it Neeeksta. I'm sure it is totally frustrating! Have you put any thought into a new PSU. I'm not an expert on Power supplies but I know Hilbert recommends a 800w PSU as minimum for a 970 SLI build and that is without overclocking.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I dont normally pay attention to power reqs, but is a 750w psu enough for x2 970's?

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That's not true. Hilbert recommends a 700-800w PSU for a 970/980
    SLI rig. In his review, his 970 SLI rig drew 439w under load http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_970_sli_review,4.html

15. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 FE
    So he does. My mistake. Neeeksta has OC'd cards and a CPU @ 4.5ghz. I do still think that the PSU may be the issue unless CPU and cards are run at stock.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I ran heavily overclocked 7950 cfx on my 750w PSU, with an overclock CPU, plenty of HDDs etc. Overclocked 7950 draws more power than 970. I don't think it's his PSU as long as it's in a good nick, it's a good unit.

750w should be ok, although it's cutting it fairly close.

17. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 FE
    Yeah, you are probably right. Maybe it is simply just down to Neeksta's GPU OC being to high.

@Neeksta do you get a driver recovered message when you crash or does it just throw you back to the desktop with the sound looping? The latter was how mine crashed which is why I figured it was the OC, not the drivers.

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    When i had problems with PSU, my PC kept restarting. Are you getting it?

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Damm this game is huuge. Feels like have been playing for ages and just hit lvl 24..saw an item that's lvl 39.....

Great value for money!

20. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 FE
    It really is great value, when you compare this game to other entertainment products i.e buying a series box set or a cinema ticket. Games do offer a great cost:play ratio IMO but this game... they could of charged £100 for it, I still would of bought it.

I've never put so much time into any other single player game before. I haven't even played any other game since May!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.