The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trixster

Trixster Active Member

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    Guess I have been lucky as only two crashes all due, I think, to the camera not being able to work out wtfudge was happening when I got stuck in some corners and it lost all the settings - not fun running about looking at just the back of Geralt's head.

I have this now after installing the dlc hair pack, and after uninstalling it remains too :(

Anyone else seen it?
    [​IMG]

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The GoG client is playing up again and won't update. Installation failed message at every try.

3. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Thanks mate will check it out!:)

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Ah thanks. Was wondering if it was that...

Well mine says 19% complete then after 3 hours of playing it!!! I have not been launching the game via the GOG client though apart from the first time so I suspect that playtime count is out by about, oooooooooh, 38 hours or so!!!

5. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Seems like the update is out but i'm getting an Authorisation Error...

6. circus2050

circus2050 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    My Witcher 3 story

I got pissed when I heard about the console thing but the game play is too good so I can get over it, for now.
    IMHO I think they should have tried raising some funds through kickstarter since I am sure there would have been plenty of people willing to support the "PC" game.

Performance was crap on day 1, I was not able to see Gsync doing anything in the game.
    After the first patch there was some improvement just enough to be able to play it but not to fully enjoy it.
    I guess it was because of my antique Kepler 780Ti SLI.

With patch 1.04 I had two crashes - one of them was after I killed the Griffin and after restarting the game my fps will drop to 10 after loading the save game.

This morning one of my 780Ti blew up but it's still working. It looks like the short-circuit was between the power connectors and the gpu connectors. I tested both of the gpu's separately and they work fine.
    With this "occasion" I can say that the nvidia profile for SLI is crap since I get a better performance with just one card. I have not tried any of the tweaks for the SLI yet.

My sparky gpu came to life after the new driver from nvidia so I can't help but ask my self if nvidia is trying to bury the Kepler. It's not the first time my PC crashed in strange ways because of the gpu driver so that's why I am suspicious about it.

7. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Member Guru

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    ikr it was a missed opportunity to do 1 or 2 witcher contracts with Ciri after the good ending, it says that Gerald teachers her everything he knows, I could picture them slaying Griffins together and whatnot

8. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    So you're saying Nvidia blew up your card. Then made it work again? With drivers.
    The sli profile for this is great, I get nearly 100% double fps with sli enabled

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ Yes the gpu usage through sli is much better than I initially expected.. my 970s both sit around 99/100 all the time, which is very nice.

It took me literally over a week to get the settings just how I wanted them, with reshade and just in game, but finally now last couple sessions the game has been playing awesome for me.. pretty much 60fps all the way with a couple drops here and there in heavy foliage areas.. I'm running pretty much all ultra with foliage distance to medium, fxaa, at 1440p - fullscreen.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    It's very windy where I am and I was driving home today and watching the trees sway in the wind and immediately though of Witcher 3. Guess you get used to the windy weather in TW3 and automatically relate everything to it :D

11. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I don't see the DLC on my side.

12. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Just noticed something interesting, for what it's worth:

[​IMG]
    That spike in bus usage is enabling in-game AA. Disabling it again halves bus usage. Haven't seen a game use that much bandwidth before, even without AA. Most games barely register 10% usage on this system.

For those wondering, the cards are 3xGTX680 4GB (first 2 water, third air, hence temps), PCI-E 2.0 in 16x/8x/8x. I'd expect to see PCI-E 3.0 16x systems using much less, but still curious if they get a spike.

13. circus2050

circus2050 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    Nah, the card had an issue and I thought it will be funny to mention it here, with all the RIP Kepler talk.

About SLI, just tried Witcher again and it's still working like crap. I am seeing the same 60 fps with or without sli. But with sli the stuttering is too much for my eyes. I can still see it even with one gpu, it's less visible than sli but it's still there.

I guess I will have to ditch my sli and get one 980Ti so I can take advantage of all the Freemium services from nvidia. :D

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ are you using current drivers, and have you made adjustments to the driver and in game? If you set Vsync in the driver and then turn it off in game, does it make any change?

Also, have you tried using different SLI bits? you may find that it works better using the dragon age 2 profile.

15. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Have you got it capped at 60 in the options?

Both my cards get around 98-100 usage, and i use RTSS to cap my fps.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  17. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    You're not happy that the Community Coordinator stated the team will be working through a national holiday in order to get the patch out?

It's true. Yesterday we had a heavy rainstorm and I absolutely stopped everything so I could go walk around in the woods behind my house, and I swear to God I think I heard wolves howling.

18. circus2050

circus2050 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    I give up for now, will wait for the next patch.

My fps is unlimited in game settings and v-sync is off since I have g-sync.
    After walking around I can see 60-80 fps with 1 gpu.
    SLI - the same fps but only if I stare at the moon.
    I need to try the sun also :D
    Graphics is on high, no blur, motion blur(no go with g-sync anyway)

Still better with 1 gpu, less stutter.
    I can see that the witcher 3 sli profile already has some settings from DA2.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Brogan
    Yup. cos they could have rlsd the hotfix on monday like they said and then give the 1.05 patch later.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Just getting into this game. First impressions is that its highly polished. Good combat mechanics, superbly suited to a controller. Surprised how smooth its running even with hairworks on and many settings on ultra. This game looks like it buries skyrim under a pile of shiite. Of course first impressions can change after many hours in. Just remembering how Skyrim impressed me only to hate it after getting near the end. Any repetitious gameplay in a long game tends to do that to me, no matter how well regarded a title may be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.