The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    OK I solved the issue. I uninstalled Visual C++ 2012 x64 and then reinstalled it and the problem is gone. Somehow it was corrupted by the patch update, or whatever else I did to my PC today :3eyes:

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had a problem quicksaving (using F5) after playing for the first time since the v1.06 patch was installed but it started working fine after a couple of hours. No idea what happened there to be honest as I have been playing the game way in excess of 75 hours without any issues with quicksaving (though I am playing the game with an Xbox One controller not the mouse and keyboard). Put it down to a one-off glitch...hopefully.

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Anybody else having issues getting the debug console and free camera to work since patch 1.06?

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Stuttering in towns has returned with a vengeance since the new patch. Had to drop a few settings to resolve it, boo. I've almost matched my 70 hours of play time on DA: I on Witcher 3 already which is quite something.

5. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Just finished the game with 175 hours played. Still have a few treasure hunts to finish and do all those question marks in Skellige, dunno if i can be bothered to do that though lol. Missed out on the death march achievement as well cos i started on blood and bones and turned it up a bit later cos it was too easy.

Fantastic game though, one of the best games i've ever played to be honest.

Bring on the expansions. :)

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah I too started on Blood and Bones and discovered how easy the game is even on lower levels with Quen usage, but now I'll stick with it and play on Death March on my 2nd playtrough.

7. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Yup one of the reasons i went 2 tiers of quen and then stopped with it. Even then though once you have good gear plus greater runes it's still kinda easy on death march. Hardest parts for me were when the game had me fight multiple enemies in a really cramped space.

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'm somewhat ashamed to say I only just learned how to cast second tier magical powers I'd chose. Like last night. Good aren't they! :D

9. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I'm on level 19 and all my points have been put into combat skills with red werewolf mutagens. I do also have one green mutagen equipped but no skills with it.

I'm still playing on the easiest level and finding it challenging at times. I stink at fast key or controller button pressing and my dodging abilities leave much to be desired. I hit wrong buttons frequently and pay the price so my attacks have to be as strong as possible.

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Didn't notice too much out of sorts in my bit of playing yesterday. However there were a couple items that stuck in mid air.. one was a small club that dropped off of a slain enemy.. hovered about 10 feet off the ground. :|

11. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Just out of curiosity, what settings are you able to play on with that rig? My nephew is playing on an Alienware laptop with an i7-4700MQ and GeForce GT 750M graphics and doing okay. I don't know what settings he's using but he said it only slowed down once in a scene where everything was on fire. It's only a 14" model though.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  12. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Hmm. I'm level 17 and I don't have a single point in anything other than the alchemy tree, playing on Death March and I find the combat relatively easy. Bombs are maxed out and thus overkill (and I have 8 or 9 of each per rest) so I've stopped using them, but just with Oils and some Thunderbolt, I really haven't had any problems, other than that lvl28 Grave Hag in the south western peninsula in Velen.

13. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    I have yet to use a bomb on anything and only used Thunderbolt a couple of times (I usually forget I have it and have something else equipped). I always forget about oils too. Sometimes I can kill humans 3-5 levels higher than me but monsters like golems and werewolves have to be my level or below. I just use quen on every fight and dodge the best I can, which isn't great lol. Any more than 4 buttons to worry about and I'm in trouble.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  14. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    scooby i have seen that bug repeatedly since day 1 .. a few dozen times

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    How long was your playsession on this? Cos i saw more bugs with plopping items, no ragdoll on enemys anymore, items in midair, spawming npcs in front of you, etc. only when your play session is a few hours long already.

Also possible with higher settings you experience bugs (faster), my experience talking with other people using higher settings.
    Cos everything middle here except textures high i didnt have much bugs at all experienced like so many other people.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ my play session was only about an hour and a half.. Very short. And that bug occurred pretty early on.

Ragdoll I noticed has been lessened, but its not entirely gone for me. Would be strange that higher settings could be the culprit to some of these bugs :confused:

17. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Hi all,

please is possible improved LOD? I am in Novigrad now and here is many low resolution textures in sight.

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I get more frequent game CTDs with the latest patch (1.06). Just random places and playing time.

On side note, my 353.06 driver hasn't crashed in many days now since removing GE and the other junk it comes with.

19. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    place of pooher

Hey monster slayers, I am in velen at a elven ruin with a gnarly wraith around it.
    It says place of power but according to all sources I read, the places of power are .. well where they are - but this one isn't one of them.
    Is it a cave somewhere hidden or just a bug / error? :3eyes:

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    progress further in keira metz quest to be able to bypass.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.