1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mariyan

Mariyan New Member

GPU:
    280X
    Yeah, however, it's implementation in FarCry 4 worked pretty fine for me. When they announced last year that they're going to use it I was very happy. It really makes a difference.

Thank you! Will try that :)

2. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    I have been watching youtube videos and for ALL of them I can clearly see how when "walking" riding the horse (not when running with it) the game is hitching every sec or so...the same for me in both PC and PS4...any solution for this???cant believe the game is doing that even in PS4...OMG!!

Also, game crashes every 15 min or so...no driver crash nor nothing, just game stop responding....WTF??Im running latest drivers

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Its really sensitive to any kind of GPU overclock. You are most probably not stable.

4. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I really don't get you. With your GPU I don't get why you'd use those settings. Why not just buy a less powerful GPU? You can easily run grass and shadows settings higher than that and still have an FPS ranging from 40-60... You don't even run hairworks and all post-processing features are off. o_O

Hell, the PS4 version is superior with that ini file...

Last edited: May 20, 2015

5. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Rocking v-sync (by driver) 60fps with all ultra/extreme with HairWorks turned off, 1080p.
    I'm with you, i don't know what's going on. As long as its stable and rock solid i'm not into this kind of drama.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    They've been warned already, start handing out :)

About the performance, at 1080p anyone with 970/290 or above should be fine with pretty much everything on ultra, I'm hoping the performance at 1440p improves a tad with future patches, atm I'm getting a 20+ fps hit going from 1080p to 1440p which is quite steep.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't think it's that because 1500mhz on my 970 hasn't been 100% stable in benches, yet in TW3 it runs without a problem, put in 18 hours so far and only one crash (that early one before you fight the first pack of ghouls).

Other than that, not a single crash, and I've been alt tabbing and switching monitors while in game, rock solid.

40fps is unacceptable in this game.

8. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    That .ini file is unacceptable with a GTX980.

9. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    Anyone that was a few extra frames with Hairworks on edit the rendering.ini file and change the AA to 2/4. It's defaulted to 8xMSAA on the hair.

10. Mariyan

Mariyan New Member

GPU:
    280X
    Is it noticeably worse with this setting?

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Played 45mins so far. Not tweaked anything or so, using Ultra settings (except Grass High) at 1440p with AA and HBAO+. Not measured FPS with MSI AB yet but I'm sure it's not 100fps so I'll give it a go with the program now. (I thought I read somewhere that MSI AB can cause the game to crash.

Honestly I think the game looks splendid, especially the NPCs who look more realistic than any game I've ever seen.

Deciding if I'll play on my monitor or just run the game on the TV at 1080p. Depends how well I can tweak the settings to get 80+ fps at any time. Not sure yet if it's possible?

12. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    Not for me, i'm running at 1440p though.

13. Vipu2

Vipu2 Master Guru

GPU:
    1070ti
    You get easy fps when you put grass density to low and grass distance to high/ultra.

I have all settings at high, hair off, AA on, 1080p, hbao+
    grass density low
    grass distance ultra

fps around 70 always
    Never felt that fps dropped anywhere.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I was torn too... 1440p is a lot more demanding in this game than 1080p. So I hooked the game up to my TV, which is 1080p. 60fps locked, using a controller. It was ok, but 1440p right in my face just looks better, much better. Plus, overall navigation of the UI is far superior on m+k. Want a map using a controller? Sure, keep spamming buttons. On m+k it takes one keypress. Same goes for a lot of other hotkeys.

PC master race in this game, easy.

15. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Only thing with doing that is, to me, the ground texture under the grass, even on ultra, is not too pretty. Once you thin out that density, isn't that cheaper looking texture underneath a little distracting?

16. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Again, I will say when I tested this change, it only netted me a couple frames. 4 at most.

So does anyone see any major flaw or missing feature like the AC Unity release? Anything close to that level of **** up? I'm trying to figure out what the first patch will focus on, assuming it should be showing up soon.

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Can anyone else do a small test for me. When walking forward with a controller, Keyboard too, When Geralt walks it seems like there is a stutter.
    Not a frame drop or a hitch more like the game seems to pull back a tiny bit, Almost like rubber banding.

Anyone go that?

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    @Brogan

You srsly need to learn to put more than one quote in 1 posting! All your postings are double postings in the same time.

19. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

Pls, if u dont know what ur talking about then shut up. OK ?

I aim for SOLID FPS. Go deep into the woods and fight something, u can see how the fps drops at ultra. hairworks is a **** of a piece, looks nasty. All nvidia stuff looks nasty.

I aim for some optimal settings high-ultra. Not some presets. Checking the entire game, there are demanding areas, there u need to get solid fps, even if in some areas you can reach 80 fps for example.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    SLI Users:

A quick test before bed i tried (DX11) 0x080000F5 (Catzilla, Dragon Age 2, Ocean Demo, Mad Max....) bits.

SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_FOUR
    SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR

Gave me a decent boost, though im not sure if there are any issues with them (shadow flickering etc), but allowed me to get rid of that slight stutter i was getting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.