The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yea, I have no real issues with the mapping, BUT ONLY because the arrow keys are linked to the hard-coded WASD keys as primary movement. Imagine if you were a left handed player, and were used to making IJKL your WASD. That won't work in W3 unless you edit the config, and trust me there are people right now on their forums clamoring about it.

And I also agree on your first point. I decided a while ago that for any major release I'm interested in playing, I will make a point to join the community early on and make sure this issue is visible where the Dev's can see. It's sad, but it's to the point where you can't just assume anymore.

2. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    EDIT: Thnx god for walk-throughs this game is hell..

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
  4. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Rapid mode doesn't need magician to be running in the background. It has to be running in the background for it to cause problems with games and fullscreen mode..

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    OK the problem came back, so it wasn't Vsync like I thought. I found the REAL problem now.

It was the Spartan browser on Windows 10 preview. Somehow the browser's hardware acceleration was causing the GPU drivers to become unstable and to crash.

Closing the browser didn't help, because a process is started once you open the browser and it remains running in the task manager.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    16 hours in now and the game just got fairly epic and dark! This is one hell of a game.

btw I find gamepad controls crap in TW3, much prefer m+k.

Geralt selfie
    [​IMG]

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Another update. This was also resolved. I had the max prerendered frames set to 3 in my driver control panel. Apparently the game doesn't like that, because after I put it back to default, the problem disappeared :)

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    BTW, anyone notice that you can't parry enemies with heavy weapons like axes?

10. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    just started playin this and wow this is a great looking game an im sure there is even better stuff to see out of this first town

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    XBO version is the worst version. Google for reviews first before getting it. I wouldn't.

12. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Would you say this is poorly optimized for the PC.
    Settings really don't change much and it taxes your rig.
    You get this with ports. Just like AC and Shadow of Mordor.

If your settings are on med it runs smooth if your on ultra or high you get big frame rate drops.

I can't see the difference from med to high on some settings.
    I know the consoles are running med settings. So that just proves this is poorly optimized on PC. You don't see much difference playing with the settings.

They just threw the ultra setting in to shut up the PC crowd. It's really a joke of a difference!

13. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Anyone know if you can cook raw meat, you pick up?

14. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Geralt loves girls not sure he would want to ...

15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    you also can't parry if you get attacked from behind. At least not at the level of difficulty i play, which is a ****ing pain tbh but at least it rewarding.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im not even getting 5mins of game time before i get the message "Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 352.86 stopped responding...".

So this driver is broken or what?

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    played a bit longer. and gameplay is unacceptable to me. i mean movements, fighting. i must add i compare this to soul games and bloodborne and ,pffff, such pure sht of movement sets.

sure this is a quality game. dont get me wrong. just my expectation and judging is different that yours maybe. dont know.

18. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    +1
    I can't tell the difference between medium high and ultra but it certainly taxes the system.

I am coming up to completion and it's been an extremely frustrating experience. I am no Witcher man but the levels and fighting and fps consistency seems like a wash. I guess they had to complete it in the end (demands etc) but compared to GTA V this game is a real disappointment for PC fans and that is putting it kindly.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    PS4 version is great from my four hour playthrough last night. There was some very minor stuttering during the opening FMV as the camera panned in to show Geralt sleeping under a tree and one instance where the game literally paused two or three times during a realtime in-engine cutscene before resuming as normal (the bit where Geralt and Vesemir on horseback stumble across the overturned cart and the Griffin for the first time). The latter also occurs on the Xbox One version too as I saw it in several YouTube video walkthroughs.

Otherwise the framerate during gameplay and the rest of the in-engine cutscenes was fine. Sometimes the controls feel a bit heavy due to the frame pacing issues but it is nowhere near as bad or noticeable as, say, Bloodborne IMO. Considering the size and scope of this game I think this is technically very good and it goes without saying that it looks and sounds gorgeous. It feels almost like a spiritual successor to the wonderful if somewhat dated Oblivion, especially with the bright blue skies and lush green grass of the opening White Orchard area. The game is also so enjoyable to explore and there is always something interesting to see or find which is what makes these open-world games so immersive and compulsive to play.

My only real gripe with this game is that the text in the menu screens (inventory descriptions and so on) is a little small and hard to read on a TV. Would be nice to have an option to rescale the text to make it more comfortable to read.

(Posted this for anyone with a less powerful PC that might be considering getting the game for PS4.)

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ps4 is cool. giving the FUn of the game enough. nice review. thanx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.