1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    She is by far best done female model in this game. They put a lot a work in her a good work. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yep, Triss looks like a troll next to Yen, Yen kinda is my type of woman.

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    But i like Triss's Voice better. ;) (original, english)

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Triss is hot too actually, they're both hot tbh. :D

Ciri, albeit young? I don't know, is also hot, her ass man. All of the ladies' ass' bro. :D

5. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
  6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Those are pretty nice, although the DoF is off in some of them. Still, nice composition.

7. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Can all of you guys reproduce the rain textures not showing when you load a quicksave (or other save) while ingame? I get the sound and splatter effects, but no actual rain. If I close to desktop and load, rain is there. But once already in game and load, missing.

I also noticed the same thing happening with the green swirling gas locations for "Towerful of Mice" quest, where you hold up the lantern. Not the memory itself, but the indicator gas clouds. They will also be invisible if you load a save while in game.

CDPR dev emailed me and asked to give him video of this but I played all weekend and didn't have any savegames left to provide.

8. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Wonder if that's an effect REDkit will be able to unlock so it stays on.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of combat system would you suggest as an improvement? I'm not being sarcastic, but I don't play hundreds of games. It would seem Witcher combat is fairly unique, though, like anything, could use improvement.

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Yes.

10. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    I too have experienced missing rain. I actually experienced it so much in Novagrad that it started to piss me off. Also I think they need to tone down the wet clothing and skin. It look fine on Geralt, but on other characters it looks like they're shiny and covered in oil.

11. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I'm no tech maven (and never pretended to be) but even I can tell this is not GI.

Man, the "console are holding the PC back" narrative needs to be tamed a bit. Without those "lame consoles" there would be no The Witcher 3 of that scale.

The PC market with a 660 and above GPU is not much compared to the install base of the Xbox One/PS4.

What's holding the PC back are the integrated chips and very low-end discrete GPUs. If the average PC gamer was as well equipped as what's inside consoles we could dream of AAA games exclusively tailored to high-end PCs (as the baseline would be high enough).
    And what's to say about the legions of idiots who cry foul at the sight of demanding effects ? Let's face it : the master race never existed.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It sounds like you're trying to say that there's more consoles out there (PS4 and XBONE) than there are gaming PCs with 660 or better.

13. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    That's my point indeed but I have no data to back that up. That makes sense to me that if that was the case then we would see more tech-pushing games on PC.

Those new consoles are the reason why multiplats look as good as they do.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It really doesn't matter how many gaming rigs are out there. What a dev will look at, though, is the number of copies sold on PC vs Console.

Consoles have been outselling PC for a long time now. So the console focus is understandable.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    It seems at some point they fixed a bug I wasn't sure was a bug on PC using controllers.

You can now hold start button (menu button) to directly go to the map, before it would just pause the game a little and go back to the game

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Anyone have bug from time to time that Roach wont appear (cannot be called) after fast travel?

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Just realized, 146hours so far and (still) Level 23.

18. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 FTW+
    Allright thank mate,i'll just keep vibration disabled and not gonna worry about it anymore since i don't have this issue in any other games i've played with vibration,still strange.

19. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    120 hours, Level 11

20. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I take it all you guys play on the hardest difficult probably. I kicked it down to the easiest because I was dying way to much and too easily to the point I couldn't enjoy the game. After having to watch the cinematics for the teethy fetus (spoiler?) over and over gain I got sick of it and dropped 'er down to easy and boy can I slay some sh*t now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.