The Witcher 3 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 11, 2015.

1. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Update

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/The-Witcher-3-Screenshots-1159185/

They have at hand the day 1 patch. The patch delivers better vegetation with better shadows and textures, tessellated water waves dependent on wind direction, post processing effects however with a slight performance hit, and better performance overall with less frequent drops in fps.

They have also a comparison picture of both version of the game for anyone interested in seeing what the day 1 patch delivers.

Translation done by your buddy ogow89 :)

Man that site is publishing articles like a female bunny that keeps popping babies.:banana:

Anyways here
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/News/Grafikvergleich-1159205/

they ran the game using an i7 970 ( i don't really no if that cpu exists but anywho) and gtx 970 and did a comparison between low, medium, high, ultra settings. Well there isn't much of a difference according to the writer specially between med, high and ultra. I was interested in reading how the card performed; however, they decided to keep that to themselves and would rather for us to see the numbers once they published some benchmarks in the following days.

Well that is that for now, and i'll try to keep you updated if there is anything new.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  2. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Thanks, I'm waiting for the game to be released to see what 7970 or 280x people say and how they feel the game performs before I buy it. Otherwise I might wait until the 390x or whichever GPU I will be getting in late June.

3. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    But here's the thing. I bet if you dropped the res down to 1080p (and even lower) you'd still get exactly the same drops in performance. This is the problem with AMDs DX11 driver and it's not just limited to weak CPUs either.

4. Lord Lucifer

Lord Lucifer Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Titan X SLI
    Pleased to hear we're getting a W3 driver, If they could just fix Wolfenstein to work on my cards now I'd be really appreciative!

Hope W3 supports ultrawide 3440x1440 out of the box...

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Where's the news regarding a new driver for w3?

6. Lord Lucifer

Lord Lucifer Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Titan X SLI
  7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  8. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Its Roy, while a AMD employee, he tends to make **** up.

so we will see...

9. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    That's a good sign. Any improvements are welcome.

10. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Last edited: May 18, 2015

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Something not right, although all cards perform the same. GTX 770 should have slight edge over GTX960 or not?

We see when more benches are out, but never rely on any bench, just play the game :D

12. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    While that should be the case, nvidia usually tries to push to sell more of its newer cards, so they either drop support of older cards or downgrade their performance, so the new cards would shine. They play dirty. Perhaps it's the Maxwell architecture being more capable and efficient.

Oh i just looked over how the 780 performs, and man you must pissed. Switch to amd, their cards last longer.

13. lowrider_05

lowrider_05 Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080tI AMP Ex
    that´s just fanboyism of you but i must admit i didn´t think that the R9 290X and 970 would be on the same level in this game :infinity:

14. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Quiet the contrary i am not a fan of a particular brand, i believe i spoke in all honesty of my view on nvidia's practices. I always consider purchasing what the competition offers and on more than one occasion i wanted to buy a 770 last generation or a 970 for this generation. However you can look around for more benchmarks and see how the 700 series performs not only compared to the 900 series but also to the amd hd 7000 series. The 780 is in design a better card than the 280x but latest games show them most of the time on bar. Checking also the nvidia side of the forum you read some angry comments about dropped support for older gpus. I do nag about the lack of performance of the amd cards on some games, but in the end they still keep old cards in check when releasing a driver.

And if the man is offended by my comment, i do apologize and i am truly sorry.

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There is something wrong either with the game or the drivers.

The GTX 770 is on par with the GTX 780 and the Titan. :3eyes:

And the GTX 960 is on par with the R9 285, the R9 280x and the GTX 770 (and in relation, with all of the above).

If I was a 780/Titan owner I would be so pissed.

16. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
  17. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
  18. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    Maybe in abut 6 months
    and they might even optimize it in 5 years

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It might create enough noise so that companies drop it due to bad PR. One of the way that NVIDIA sneaks it in is by taking some of the marketing cost of the game. If GameWorks=Bad Marketing, then people will be more reluctant.

Most likely it will be this week, and the game seems to run fine with the 15.4.1 driver.

20. eshk

eshk Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 280x 3gb
    This is great news performance wise. According to these screenshots, the difference is quality between the higher settings is minimal. Hopefully it doesn't feed off of the cpu as much as GTA V, should easily to able to run it at a smooth 60 on low-medium. RIP work