The Witcher 3 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 11, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    NVIDIA have publicly replied to peoples concerns at their website. Stating Kepler performance issues are being looked in to. When do we get that with AMD?
    If AMD came out and said "Hey guys, we're having issues with The Witcher 3, crossfire support is priority to us and we will get a driver out to you ASAP" then it might make some of us feel a little better about the situation. They talk about NVIDIA's blackbox. AMD is a ****ing blackbox.

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake

Like that they have publicly stated that they are working on the performance on Twitter, blogs, websites, and even a Twitch livestream? Communication has to be much better, but they did what you just said.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    AMD have publicly said they're working on a crossfire profile for Project CARS and The Witcher 3? Please link me.

4. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Nowhere do they say specifically about Crossfire, you are correct. It is heavily implied though. AMD cards perform just fine in the Witcher, so if you make a driver for it, it is 99% for Crossfire.

As for Project CARS, since I put track detail on Medium (guess what, there is no visible difference between Medium and Ultra - again) and grass to off (there is a difference there, but only if you look sideways on the track), I get 40-60 fps depending on the amount of cars, with everything on Ultra and AA at D2X, and the game looks spectacular.

My guess is that the drivers mainly focus on Crossfire profiles.

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Fair enough. We'll see. I expect single GPU optimizations and so should you :)

6. DrunkenDonkey

DrunkenDonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    I never get why people fight to play game x on day 1, it is not that there is 1 game you can play and is your life at stake to play it right away? I don't see a single con to continue playing your huge backlog of games as opposed to jump on something right away (not talking about multiplayer games, they are meant for day1).
    Pros to delay:
    - drivers are already optimized providing smooth gameplay even on crapier hardware
    - bugs are ironed out, most games on day1 are pure garbage or quite unpolished
    - dlcs are already released
    - prices drop
    - there are tons of good guides/trainers if that is your thing

Tbh just save yourself the hassle of raging on forums on every new game release, instead enjoy perfect gameplay on each title by shifting the timeframe with 6 months.

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    You know there may be some logic in your reply apart from the raging thing, no one is raging, well not me anyway.

If we all waited 6 months to buy a game, I wonder how many game developers would be employed right now.

No mention of crossfire.

8. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its a timelyness thing.

Kind of like watching something on TV live, versus DVRing it for later.

Its just not the same, and you feel sorta behind.

lol

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Right. Look at GTA V for example. I didn't buy it on a console because I knew the PC release would come eventually and I wanted to play it "properly" if you get my meaning, I'm sure others did the same. This guy expects me to wait another 6 months until the storm blows over? **** that.

10. DrunkenDonkey

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    I'm not saying to buy a single game every 6 months but instead of like:
    Jan: Game1 released
    Jan: Game1 bought
    Feb: Game2 released
    Feb: Game2 bought

to do:
    Jan: Game1 released
    Jan: GameX (released 6 months ago) bought
    Feb: Game2 released
    Feb: GameY (released 6 months ago) bought
    Jun: Game1 bought

I.e. it is only a time shift, the total games you buy and play is absolutely the same, but you have a all time perfect experience. I do it for years, yes, I had been into the "I want I NEED to play this this VERY MINUTE" before, but it only leads to frustration, I'm very happy with the 6 month shift and totally laugh on colleagues complaining about issues on every new title that is going on, to the point of ditching the game completely, breaking dvds and so on.

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I don't know about you guys but I don't play that many games. It would be hard to fill in the 6 month wait with games :)

12. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X

you arent getting it.

Timeshifting makes people feel left out.

People want to engage with the community while its happening (wether they participate or not), not 6 months later.

Its human nature to want to be included.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The only games I play right now are GTA V and The Witcher 3. If I time shifted I may as well sell my PC and buy a console :)

14. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    right now im playing W3, DAI, CIV:BE, and SOSE

15. Krelianz

Krelianz Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    or buy nvidia, play when you feel like it and avoid seeing forums posts making excuses for amd's ineptitude.

16. DrunkenDonkey

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    I agree, if you only settle on couple of games per year, you are out of options, thing is most of the people I know have like 100+ on steam, I have like 130+ I have not even gotten to play them yet and the problem is not what to play, but which one of them, so I pick one older to have a guaranteed flawless fun with.
    And The Mac, I have that with online games that I'm on not even day 1, but the night even (mmorpgs, hi blizzard), but totally dont care about single player, probably I'm somewhat weird in that regard :)

17. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, i have over 100 as well.

lol

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    You have a single card. What is your problem exactly? If the problem is so great, why don't you sell it and get a 970? Speaking like that only makes it worse in the end.

19. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I definitely see your point and I can see how you may prefer to do that.

What I don't see is why I shouldn't be able to play what I want, when I want to after spending $500-1000 on graphics cards alone. That is not acceptable. There are no legitimate excuses for AMD. I've been anticipating this game (TW3) since I finished TW2 years ago, why should I have to wait an extra 6 months?

I don't think customers should have to pick games to play based on poor support and I don't think anyone should accept that or "get used to it." This goes for everything, not just AMD. It's especially valid for those companies that release terribly broken games (that's not relevant here IMO). The only thing to do is to not give them any more money until they fix their issues, which is exactly what I intend to do with AMD.

20. SweetTeeth

SweetTeeth New Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 295X2 Crossfire
    How do you think Batman: Arkham Knight will fare after seeing how TW3 was handled? That release is a short month away. I feel like it may compound what we are witnessing already...