The Witcher 3 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 11, 2015.

1. Krelianz

Krelianz Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    yes, yes it does, i am going to be switching to nvidia soon too, i don't give a damn about excuses, all i know is when a game comes out and i want to play it without problems i have to cross my fingers to not be a crap on amd gpus or wait several weeks after release for a driver after hearing all the excuses in the world by amd and fanboys.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I went from 7950 CFX to single 970. Both my 7950 were faster than stock 280x. I don't regret it. I loose performance in some games I play (BF4 and a few others) but gain performance in other games. It's a sidegrade and it depends on the games you play.

3. moby1974

moby1974 New Member

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    Yeah its the same for me, I don't side with anyone, I buy what is the most powerful card at the time...though I want AMD to do well so Nvidia up their game.

But after seeing some news the other week that Nvidia is growing and has 75% share of the market (ok it helps they have free games/more advertising/name on games) they are not perfect but they have drivers on day 1, and if its not right they soon have others....AMD have ''soon'' ''not our fault'' ''working hard''

If you mess up the core of your own hardware, which is basically working on release day (bar issues that are software company based) then how on earth can people keep faith in you.

4. boerenlater

boerenlater Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    By the time Nvidia gets too big, gets a monopoly and can ask any prize they want you'll be too old to game anyway ;)

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Question is, if AMD games cripple performance for nVidia, will you go back or call AMD bunch of F****rs and never buy their card/CPU/APU again?

Supporting stuff like Gameworks invites this type of behavior to gaming industry, so expect more of it in time.
    Expect nVidia's new gaming features not to scale down for older generation at all.
    You will get your legacy driver for 18months old GPU, but it will not improve performance for you.

There are even petitions on net to stop Gameworks development and implementation in games.
    If I see Gameworks features in any game, I'll take it as negative points and likely not buy, unless it is as good game as Witcher which is more about story and less about fps.

But CDPR better not use it again as most of Witchers customers never had book in hand, don't love them, it is just good game for them and they care much more for fps in such cases.

I would never get FPS game running like Witcher. Those have to run 60+ on 2 years old midrange hardware and 120+ on high end hardware. Gameworks is no-go for such games.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Is there such an age? :D

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    At time I am old, if ever, There will be VR with direct connect to brain. I'll get that and be gaming and coding 24/7.

8. mustrum

mustrum Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    Yes you can forc CF on games without support. It just doesn't do you any good. Usually the performance is worse than with one GPU. :bang:

9. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    It does work sometimes, but it's almost never 'perfect.' Scaling isn't what it should be most of the time and/or you have to deal with graphical glitches. It can be better than just using 1 card, but definitely not good enough to justify the money spent on 2 cards (or even worse, 3 or 4).

I fail to see how AMD doesn't grasp how critically important drivers are when a game releases and doesn't work properly, single player titles especially, since some people only play them once when they come out or only get back to them after years.

I hate to say it but when the GPU upgrade bell tolls again, I won't be buying AMD either if they don't improve their software support massively until then.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Their software support has been the same for years. It won't change now unless something big happens like Samsung buy AMD.

11. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Crossfire support has hardly been as bad as this in the last few years. Driver releases happened quicker, CAPs were a thing. You still had to wait a bit for some games but I don't remember ever waiting for months. I've had 5850 CF and then 7970 CF. Maybe I just got lucky and wasn't interested in the games with poor support then, but I definitely didn't ever wait for months, like we had to with Dying Light or FC4.

I hope it doesn't happen with TW3.

Anyway, if they don't improve then I'm switching and that's that. I'm sure I'll have other issues then, it's never perfect, but sadly we only have 2 options and neither is particularly amazing.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    True. If only AMD spoke to us directly in forums or news or something but they don't they just leave us hanging and we have to resort to unofficial, unreliable sources like twitter...

13. I love how AMD_Roy likes to take shots at NVidia, but can't even manage to get his company's chronic driver delays and promises under wraps.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    He's too busy playing Battlefield to care.

15. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    congratulations dude no more drivers problems !

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Really bad time to buy a new GPU but good for you. Enjoy GameWorks :p

17. MSIOCGenie

MSIOCGenie Member

GPU:
    2x 280X
    Maybe they're intentionally delaying it for the release of the R-3XX cards in the beginning of June? Perhaps they're working on another Omega with DX11 overhead improvements? Still, they should roll out TW3 and Project Cars drivers regardless.

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No excuses. I couldn't care less about the R3xx series right now BECAUSE of the driver support! :)

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There is no f u c k i n g way that your friend plays at 60 with a 780, while single AMD cards of the same caliber are slower. Even with HairWorks.

The power envelope helps I guess, although the VRAM issue is already rearing its head in some titles. If I was him, I would sell the cards that he obviously had for mining, and go for a 980. There is no reason to prefer a single 970 over an R9 290x, especially in the long run.

Do you have a multigpu system? If yes, then you are right to complain, as are all the NVIDIA pre 900 series customers. If not, performance without HairWorks is the same, and even better if you compare to Kepler. When you switch, I'll be happy to get your card :D

Are you like, serious? :puke2:

20. Daytona675

Daytona675 Member

GPU:
    DEVIL13 7990
    The whole deal with the Witcher has guaranteed my next purchase being an Nvidia one. I don't give a **** how powerful their cards are, if they can't support AAA titles on launch day like Nvidia can then **** em. We'll probably get a working driver on our 4th Witcher 3 play-through. No thanks.