The Witcher 3 Best Performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Raziael, May 19, 2015.

1. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I'm at work now and can't test this myself, so please bear with me.

I take it that disabling water simulation makes sdhdship.exe work with decent scaling and without other outstanding issues, like dropping to single-GPU performance?

I've also noticed that keeping HairWorks on stops scaling with this profile entirely for me. No matter how long I wait performance won't jump above what a single GPU can do. This was on 1.03, haven't had the chance to try it out on 1.04 yet.

2. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    I can definitely see the LOD improvement in the 1.04 patch, distant foliage and other surfaces are much more crisp. I don't have to tune much to get it running 50+ most of the time on my single 290x.

Just curious, does anyone know how to set the config files back to default? I tinkered with a few things but didn't make a backup beforehand :bang:

3. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Same here. I see about the same fps but the game feels a little bit smoother. Would love to have it even smoother. i get about 40-50fps on high settings hairworks off. Anyway at least I have BF4 to play. Can't wait for spring patch. Gungame and new guns and they improving stability and performance well so I heard.

4. Zweite93

Zweite93 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X Core Edition
    Just delete user.settings file. Game will create new one with default settings.

5. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    1.04 looks really good, love it.

6. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I've lost fps after updating to 1.04.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Improved textures, more Vram usage so thats not really surprising. My fps is around the same though, didnt notice any dips/stuttering.

8. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    The scaling didn't change. It's still 80/80. I can play everything at ultra now (foliage distance at high and obviously water detail at medium) and hairworks off. This gives me 60fps at 1440p. If i select a higher resolution for example (for downsampling), i can't maintain 60fps and the GPU usage on both cards doesn't go higher than 80 procent.

The profile still isn't perfect, but having 60fps instead of 40 fps is really nice. It's also nice that i don't have to wait one minute for the fps boost and that i don't have to avoid water. However, I still don't know what happens if it starts to rain

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  9. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I'll give it a try in a few hours when I get off work. :)

That sounds pretty good, I'll be happy if I can hold 60FPS even with wonky boat behavior and no HairWorks, at least until AMD remembers Crossfire is actually something they advertise.

10. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    I lost FPS as well. Not much but instead of hanging at 60 where I left the game, it was fluctuating from 55 to 60.

11. Chanhkun

Chanhkun Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 3gb
    I confirm that set Water quality on medium give crossfire scale. The only problem left is shadow flickering and stutter. I tried witcher 2, sdhdship, watch dog's profile, they all shadow flickering or stutter. The watch_dog_r seem to be the most stability but still flickering. the AFR is still give the best scale though but its unplayable with all those graphic bug.
    Srr about my english.

12. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks to share your experience with different profiles.

You save me a lot of time and frustation trying it myself. :)

13. Daytona675

Daytona675 Member

GPU:
    DEVIL13 7990
    When you force AA through the CCC profile, should you disable the in game AA?

14. Daytona675

Daytona675 Member

GPU:
    DEVIL13 7990
    Setting the water to medium fixed all the issues like you said except for random pop. Max settings(water med), hair works on, 59-65FPS all the time.

Thanks.

15. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    sdhdship is the only profile that doesn't give me stuttering. You can also use standard mode or don't create a costum profile for the witcher 3 at all and you will still get beter scaling with water quality set to medium, but it stutters for me (it dips from 60fps to 55 fps all the time).

I don't have shadow flickering by the way. Are you using the leaked 15.5 beta? The leaked 15.5 beta (so not the official ones) removed the flickering i got with nearly all crossfire profiles.

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Am I the only one that loses FPS with crossfire?

17. Daytona675

Daytona675 Member

GPU:
    DEVIL13 7990
    Really? I get shadow pop... What's your CCC profile and in game settings look like.

18. davdes44

davdes44 Guest

GPU:
    Nope, it currently doesnt work who knows when it will

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I mean when using another profile, it works, but I don't gain FPS I lose it. Like the Sleeping Dogs profile.

20. Chanhkun

Chanhkun Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 3gb
    I'm using 15.5 beta. Just tried again and the sdhdship doesnt suttering anymore, sometime its flickering, but completely playable. i think i can bare with it till offical crossfile profile release. Thanks for the solution btw.