The Witcher 3 4K Ultra Settings Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 17, 2015.

1. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    No no no no no. 30fps isn't harmful to your eyes, jesus christ, what is wrong with you people.

It's a gamer's taste if they prefer 4k/30 or 1080p/120 or 1440p/60. That's the benefit of the PC. Its that you can build a 300 dollar one, or a 5000 dollar one, play at 30fps or 120fps, at low or ultra settings. The fact is it's up to you. How empty does your life have to be to get bent out of shape about someone you've never even met making choices about their preferences.

2. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    Hoping for a miraculous patch won't soften the blow, this scenario has been played out to many times over the last 10+ years, its highly unlikely it will change now.

3. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    :thumbup:

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Can't you get 4K @ ~60fps in most games just by turning down the settings a bit? Honestly in some games I'd almost say that 4K is better than going to Ultra in terms of overall IQ anyway.

5. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Ehh, it's 60fpsish If you want the solid 60 in AAA you're probably going all the way down to high rather than Very High or Ultra (on a 980)

Which is why God created Gsync.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I have given out a couple of infractions here.

Please do not make me give anymore out today.

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    I've played the game for a couple of minutes now and it seems run fine on my System (48FPS was the worst dip so far, it usually hovers around 58-60) with all details maxed for me at 1920x1080 with the 352.86 WHQL drivers. Only the main menu and the drawn videos in between seem to be running at 18-20 FPS (might be a stylistic choice?), but it doesn't seem to help to go with lower settings for those either.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I beg to differ. After all a pc 30fps is drastically different to a console 30fps and obviously movies also. Playing a pc game at usb 60 should be reserved as some form of torture against terrorists.

Saying 4k on lower settings and lower fps is preferable of Ultra at a 60fps is just plain dumb.

Its stupid choice and i cant take anyone who says otherwise seriously unless they're using a gsync monitor.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Lightning, shadows and some textures. Things to improve so it would be close to the trailers ye. And the muted color palette in the trailers looks nicer then the bright ones in the game now.

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't get how a PC @ 30FPS is different from a console at 30fps. I also don't get how 30fps is harmful for your eyes. It's not. And yes people have a G-Sync 4K monitor, those exist. But regardless a steady 45-50 fps is fine for most people as evident of the past 20 or so years sub 60 fps has pretty much been standard on consoles.

And yeah I don't really appreciate declarative statements on how people should use their PC's especially given the variance in games people play. Half the newer games, you enable like enhanced grass effects, it eats like 15-20 fps and the grass looks marginally better at best, in some cases, GTA5 for example, I'd argue it looks worse. So yeah I'd definitely take 4K over that. In other games, DOTA 2, Warframe, SC2, etc, I don't even need to touch settings to achieve 60fps @ 4K. So yeah.