The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by isidore, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Stunning... this is one good looking game. The textures look excellent. to me it looks better than Crysis. I know the purists will shoot me down, but the overall look of the game is spot on. I know Crysis has better water and better this and better that. But this is looking like a beautiful game. Jaw dropping, a bit like ME2 (which I know is far from most advanced games graphically, but in a way it makes up for it with epic scenes and to me it's just gorgeous!).

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

It will look good indeed. But we still cannot fully judge what Crysis 2 will really offer.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no we can't, but from what I've seen, I like the look of pre-beta Witcher 2 more than late beta Crysis 2. Without a doubt. Not to mention it will be 10 times the game...

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    While it is very impressive for a pre-beta build I'm a little worried the game world will consist of great texture work but extremely small areas. I guess I'm just hoping for a little more than just a singular path with some great looking trees and rocks at either side.

5. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    damn that was kick ass that finisher he used on that mage was brutal I love it!

6. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    looks like da2 try to emulate this game. w2 looks a lot better tbh.

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    The Witcher was much, much better than Dragon Age: Origins, graphics wise, and story wise, and it came out almost 3 years earlier...lol.

8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    the environment looks amazing,but......the gameplay still looks kinda choppy and unfinished to me...maybe because it's a pre beta version...we'll see

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  9. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    The Witcher didnt look better than Dragon Age. Story wise is different.

The aurora engine really showed its age.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It did, but still it was amazing of what they did with it. Also in the Witcher there was more attention to detail, while in DAO there were parts where it looked quite dull. But overall DAO looked indeed better. Now if we would talk about Witcher 2 vs Dragon Age 2 graphics wise, I'm affraid that W2 will rape. :)

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Uh, no The Witcher had much higher resolution graphics than DA:O and more graphical effects. Maxed out, The Witcher beats DA:O hands down. Seems to be the case with DA2 VS The Witcher 2.

Dragon Age:Origins had a huge number of complaints that it had poor, 2005 level quality graphics. Even with the high resolution mod I'd still say it's behind The Witcher.

12. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    You are the same guy who said the Source engine (HL2) was at the same level of Crysis ...lol

The Witcher 2 graphics are by far superior than anything DA: O or DA2 can offer, but the witcher 1 used aurora engine which is a dinosaur engine. That was the REASON they had to create a new engine for their game.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Don't know why i bother reading YouTube comments lol.

Full of idiots claiming they will pirate this for fantastic reasons such as...he rolls too much, or even better....the ponytail moves too much:bang:

14. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Youtube has a comment section?

15. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i totally understand mate, this game should look and play great, some people are just twats, this is going to be one great game the first was great and this will be just as :)

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    oh every now and then when i accidently read the comments section i go berserk it's HORRIBLE :D

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I wouldn't of minded if it was a legitimate reason, but the ponytail??

Some people really do have issues and must just look for stuff to complain about.

18. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Oh, right, look, one pixel over there looks ugly, I'm skipping this game!

But seriously, when it comes to youtube comments it's always better to ignore them, I guess there are times when their bickering is funny, but for the most part, they're kind of awful.

Pony tail moving too much is a new one tho.

19. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Just when you thought full retard was as extreme as it got Youtube and Facebook came along and showed you can go way, way beyond that.

20. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    lol. They do have a point about the dude playing using the roll thingy too much tho :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.