The Witcher 2 1.1 Patch Download.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, May 26, 2011.

1. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    What is the piratebay version?

2. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Don't ask, he's got a time out for posting about that.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @Stoner-Pimp - Very interesting. Thanks for that info. I'll tweak the settings tonight then to the ones suggested by yourself as I always found it mildly irritating the way that small objects such as rocks change LOD close by and smaller items appear magically feet in front of Geralt (like Crysis used to) despite having the LOD setting at Far!!!

P.S. The screenshots are not taken from an identical spots so it's hard to see how much the tweaks really affect the LOD. It might have been a better idea to have taken a quicksave then loaded that to test each of the settings without moving Geralt at all.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  4. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Just tested the texture setting, i manually set it to the low 100 setting and my max memory usage on that are was 440mb and running around you could clearly see the textures charging from really blurry ones to the higher quality ones, with it set to 1000 my memory usage was 560mb (remember it is a small area) and no matter where i ran the textures were always the high quality ones, so the 1000 setting seems to be working.

I also tried the mesh at 8x the amount (9.6) and the lod change is so far away you can't even see it change and amazingly i noticed no FPS difference at all.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm interested!!!

I'll certain be trying that mesh setting for sure. Does it prevent the pop up of small objects on the ground then as well?

6. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Not really noticed that, let me go check (hopefully i have a save that is in a decent area).

Edit.
    No it doesn't :3eyes:, tested it using some ground rocks, no matter what the setting they draw in at the same distance, i'm gonna mess about with some of the other settings to see if it changes anything like that.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  7. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  8. sepulchre

sepulchre Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280
    Once you have manually installed the dlc's thats it done, you don't need to install anything via the launcher, just play the game.

Thats if i understood you correctly.

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The exe patches the DLC in. Just play the game.

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Steam version starts the launcher, even if you go directly from .exe

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    All .dlc and .dzip files are read that reside in the main (CookedPC) folder, even if you use the launcher there's no need to validate anything via the DLC menu. :)
    (This is a known issue as covered on their website linked to earlier and will be corrected hopefully in time for next weeks update.)

12. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    the patch didn't do much for me either, let's say sometimes i see a increase of 4-5fps over the usual, the dlc's are great, and the difficulty hasn't been modified, normal is still challenging if you don't plan your attacks careful.

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Dont know what 3dvision bug was fixed, but the performance is still poor for me with them installed. drops down to 40fps. without them installed constant 60fps

14. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    No patch for yet doh. Polish version.

"Cant read file" Error . Any idea why ?

Using polish patch.

15. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    Thanks Worked for me, I just copeid and pasted the configs into the user.ini

now all like before

16. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    I own Amnesia, Natural Selection2, Shattered Horizon, Witcher 2

All pc exclusive just to support our felows pc gamers..

I would like to recommend you guys Natural Selection 2 as it has released just a month ago and its PC exclusive.

Thanks

17. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    Hey guys any of you having problems with the password recovery I still got no reply and I wanna try them pol language pack as I will use eng subs as I wanna see how it differs to English voice pack.

I also would like to get a mod that allows purchase of that spider boss I need its part to complete the quest.

18. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Got my patch working , not sure how :S.

But now my Gpu stays at 100% constantly , before patch is was like 90-100%,
    can see little improvment , really never noticed game below 40FPS, and thats with highest possible settings (uber off xD).

19. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Why would you want a a 'bug' that makes installing 'certain-store-game-purchase-incentive-DLC' unavailable.

You're one of those people who hates value right?

*facepalm*

Copy paste works fine for me, with patch 1.1 and the copy paste DLC trick I never had to go online to register my game, now that it what I call consumer friendly.

Also I gained AT LEAST 30% performance, and textures are as clar as ever me thinks Mklbride didn't realise that the settings reset to their auto settings after patching. Why not open the custom setting menu and have a peak.

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    God dammit dchalf, I've said 3 times in this thread alone and twice on the Witcher 2 forums I did, I even deleted my user config and redid them.