The Windows 7 Thread Pt.2

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by aircool, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i have some odd issue with wmp12, when i add a folder with allot of music like 60gb and when it scans it doesnt scan the file time,
    like in the picture
    [​IMG]

when i try to play it i can't fast forward or rewind it because it goes to the start of the song every time.. could there be a tag issue or whats wrong, winamp works fine and shows the time from all songs...
    and if i add the same file directly from file location then it shows the time as it should,.. its like wmp12 doesnt scan right or i dunno..

and i get this unresponsive folder issue how come? maybe cause of indexing, i have it disabled?
    [​IMG]

any suggestions please :)

2. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Guys, i just wanna know, if a program is exclusively designed for 64 bit edition, like for eg winrar 3.90 [there are both 32 bit and 64 bit editions], where should the 64 bit edition be installed? In the Program Files directory or in the Program Files (x86) directory? I know that we can install it in any folder anywhere, but will the program run without problems?

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    The default folder for x64 applications is "Program Files", but as you said yourself, you can install it just about anywhere else, too, and there won't be any problems because of that. :nerd:

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The real advantage os winrar x64 to x32, is it can use more than 3.25 gb of memory or around that limit.

5. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Thanks cybermancer.

6. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    From August 5th.
    "I wish I could afford to subscribe to Technet. :(
    I haven't even been invited to an Intel or Microsoft event in a couple of years. I guess I haven't bought enough of their products!:bang:
    Oh, well. The same people seem to win the prizes at the Intel events, anyway."
    I take it back. I attended the Microsoft Align IT today and we all got a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit... much better than a T-shirt!
    6.1.7600 Build 7600 :)
    I ran the advisor and it told me that my belkin desktop wireless card would not work, but it works fine. I did the upgrade from Vista 64 and everything works great!

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Congrats - pretty cool that Microsoft is really pushing Windows 7 - more people definitely need to switch.

8. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Whether i get windows 7 professional 64 bit edition for free or no, im buying it.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Shouldn't that read if i don't get it for free, then im buying it?
    :p

10. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Could be that he just wants to support microsoft^^

What would be funny though is that after windows 7 comes out, and everyone praises it into oblivion. Microsoft holds a press conference and says: We haven't changed **** in windows 7:p

Would be funny to see peoples reactions though it will never happen:D

Been using windows 7 ultimate RTM on my laptop for a few weeks now, it's been running pretty good. The best thing was that I didn't have to search for the drivers. Everything worked on it's own.

I'm not installing it on my Desktop for a while. The problem I had with vista as well was that it's annoying to get that mouse acceleration disabled. Vista has it's patches now, but it seems they don't work in windows 7. When turning off mouse accel becomes possible, I'm switching that instant.

11. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    Whats the best free anti virus for windows7???

12. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    avast is very good dont know if its the best but the home edition is free and ever since i have been using it for past 1 year i havent had any virus problems on my pcs

13. dshramek

dshramek Guest

14. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    I have a issue on win7, I can't install any nvidia driver on it. When I do it stucks in the middle of the installation, takes a lot time and it says "the drivers didn't install". When I go to the control panel half the driver is installed.

I can only install the driver through auto update which is 190.38. Its always this very same version when ever I auto update it after unsuccessfully installing it manually.

15. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    try installing it through device manager

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Here is a cool trick how to unlock hidden themes in win7.

to unlock do this
    [​IMG]
    Once you have reached the MCT folder you will see five directories as listed below:

* MCT-AU
    * MCT-CA
    * MCT-GB
    * MCT-US
    * MCT-ZA

To view and use the theme for each region just navigate into each MCT-Region directory, enter the Theme sub-directory and double click the theme file.

-found here-

enjoy :)

17. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    Cool! Good find!

18. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    ^^Damn, I never knew win7 had something like this hidden/locked. Was just looking for new themes.

@macdaddy

How do I make the device manager pick up a setup? They only pick cds and usbs.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  19. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Cool find, but that kinda makes me angry. Is it just me or shouldn't a consumer be aware of everything that is being installed on their pc? Alot of programs install junk that takes up space on a hard drive, you purchased. Now-a-days its not such a big deal, but not long ago I'd go out of my way to make sure I rid my pc of this junk to maximize space.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    What junk are you talking about ShadowMyth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.