1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    Wow, do not follow comics, but wow, feeling like I missed a whole continent here!!

PS Loving the The Terror...

Picking up the Fear The Walking Dead, now that Morgan will be a part of, plus Darma.

Solfaur likes this.
  2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Do not forget that it was Darryl's little outburst that got Glen killed. The fact that no one else seemed to have a word in Negan's punishment did not sit well with me either. Maggie though has been allowed to stew on all the events without any kind of counseling. That completely explains why she is mentally off the rails at the end. How can Jesus go along with all that? He is the one who is always fighting for a more humane way when treating others that have wronged you. When will all of Carl's letters be handed out?

JaxMacFL likes this.
  3. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    But still, Negan done away with all deals when he arbitrarily introduced Lucille to Glen and big red headed dude, Abraham. Automatic dealbreaker, die on sight.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Abraham got it because he said one had to die and if everyone sat there and just accepted it for what it was, no one else needed to die. Darryl pushed back and that set Negan into motion to select another person to send the message home with. The fact he came out of the shadows backing Maggie...he has been unhinged ever since his brother sacrificed himself to save him.

What I do not get, The Governor was put out of everyone's misery, what makes Negan so different that allows him to live? Both characters are bat sh|t crazy in my books. The Ricktatorship begins to show its imperfections.

JaxMacFL likes this.

5. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    Look out for Maggie, the one that is the most driven! Plus, think she has Darryl’s loyalty.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Is it though, remember have a little think, WHO actually killed The Governor?

I don't believe Maggie, Daryl and Jesus are planning some coup or doing something to Rick and Michonne, I just think they are going to want to kill Negan. The issue comes down to how big a show they want to make of it but more importantly is what Rick's reaction is to it. If his reaction is a shrug of the shoulders kinda try to stop them but let them have at it then fine, my fear is that Rick is going to go full Rick and suddenly do everything and anything to protect Negan because 'that's what Carl wanted' even at the cost of breaking apart their long term group.

What I am hoping is that S8 to S9 will have a similar time gap that S3 to S4 had, the first episode will show the communities rebuilt moved on, doing stuff together but more importantly giving a chance for that massive F OFF heard to now be a real threat. Would love to see a season that returns to zombies being the big threat again.

Oh and yeah Eugene's a good guy again :)

7. Icanium

Icanium Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Darryl pushed himself into being taken prisoner by Negan. Lucille upside Glens head was more bat-Sheed crazy to me.
    I consider Darryl kickin Ricks asss as a vote of no confidence in Ricks leadership.
    The Govs hands on Ricks throat.

8. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    I hear ya TLM, First Maggie needs her closure, regardless of what Rick wants.

Eugene is still on my collateral damage list.....

Clouseau likes this.
  9. Stickynote

Stickynote Member

GPU:
    Iris Pro/128Mb
    Does anyone still watch this show now? I lost track of it in the 3rd season @@

10. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Yes, with fast forward - luckily with subtitles on my language. Too boring on real speed...

JaxMacFL likes this.

11. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    I hear ya bro, I use that that code to jump forward 10 secs all the time when it gets bogged down with “Carl” letters. Yes Carl walked on water but Carl got his dumbazz bite. Let us move on and not look back. A “Whole Bunch of Loved Ones Have Been Killed”. We miss them all, some more than others, (i.e. Glen, a whole lot more than Carl).

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    TWD had much worse seasons than 8th. Those other were not only poorly written, but boring to point that one could watch 1st 2 episodes and last 2 episodes and no story or action would be lost.

13. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    Thus the code that jumps 30 seconds on your Comcast remote and back 10 seconds at a time to find the new starting point. Honestly, without the this I would not watch any tv. When the sponsors cram in 3-4 minutes of commercials and producers load in 3-4 minutes of "OH worries Me" garbage.....where is my bottle of scotch and my handgun?

airbud7 likes this.
  14. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    The worst is when it appears to / seems like they jump to commercial right in the middle of a sentence.
    It's why I never watch anything in real time any more.

15. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Not really an issue here in the UK, we get it on FOX over here, 3 adverts per broadcast with the adverts usually cutting in at pretty logical times, no odd cut offs or break ins. Then again they did censor the Season 7 intro episode, specifically Glenn's bit after Negan goes batty on him, where he turns to Maggie and does his best 'HEY YOU GUYS' impression. They also cut the scenes showing Negan getting bat happy on what was left of Abraham.

16. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
  17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    While a shame, I can't really say I'm surprised. It's obvious from the questionable quality of the last two seasons (despite Negan arch being fantastic in the comics) that actors want to get out of the show. I guess that they can rewrite it all around Daryl as a new leader, but if they can't stop the bleeding it will likely be the final season. I can already see Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Danai Gurira also wanting to leave...

18. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    Believe it or not I am thinking FTWD is the way to go. Fresh new story line with Darma (Elfman) is working for me.

Sick of Negan always slithering away. Sick of Rick always taking forever to make a point that did not need making. It is like half the show is fluff!!

Just saying.....

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  19. WilliG

WilliG Active Member

GPU:
    2GB
    The shows progress is so slow. Has absolutely no direction. Watched it one weekend while doing some work indoors. It felt like I fell into an endless time-warp of opening & closing TWD theme songs.

JaxMacFL likes this.
  20. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    I hear ya Wil, why I gave FTWD a shot and actually liked it, a whole lot better than the previous seasons. Actually has a story line, unlike TWD, same-o same-o.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018