The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    The glasses woman is the Governor's sister

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Then can I assume that she is not aware of the fact she just made a deal with the woman that killed her brother?

3. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    So fking true about Steven Ogg and GTA, I'm glad they are doing more with his character in TWD.

I often find myself thinking 'wtf is that Canuck doing in Georgia' every time his character is talking or half expecting him to add an 'eh' to the end of his sentence (he sounds very Canadian) ;)

I'm too invested to stop watching at this point (even though some of it is terrible) but one place where I will give them credit is in the way they have taken a lot of time to develop The Saviours. This was one of the major reasons that The Governor/Woodbury and that whole arc didn't work particularly well imho, you had nothing invested in them. The Governor was simply 'the bad guy' and the rest of Woodbury were just there.

This is not a mistake that Gimple and Co made a second time as The Saviours have been as well developed as Rick's group and that dynamic really helps elaborate on the conflict and interactions between them.

4. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Have now real clue as to who she is. Just that the looks could half way pass as his sister or some other family relation. The real price of the book has yet to be seen. Feeling the records were only a down payment of sorts. She is expecting significant progress by the time she is coming back through...she does not like bartering with the weak.

5. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Season 8 episode 12, I didnt like the way Rick wasted all his bullets shooting that car. and, Did we witness the end of Lucille.

6. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    She's gonna need some serious wood work to recover from what Rick did to her.

7. Effer

Effer New Member

GPU:
    GPU-Z 2.8.0 28
    I really like this series, I was looking forward to the new season. While I'm waiting for the new series, I'm looking for serials and movies like Walking Dead here https://bestsimilar.com/movies/65-the-walking-dead . Can someone advise me what is a good series from this genre? I really love serials about post-apocalypse and zombies.

8. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Lucille did not look any worse for wear after everything Rick put her through, and how did she end up with Jadis.

9. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Good question, another episode that leaves more questions than answers, what's with the chopper and what does Jadis know about it. Kinda nice to finely see Morgan and Rick on the same page with regard to killing folk, even if the reasons behind it are very different. We also finely get to some backstory to Negan, not much but some and suspect that Trev... sry Simon doesn't have long left.

10. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    I don't think Rick is following the intentions of Carl's letter

11. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    He didn't read Carl's letter to him, hasn;t he only read the letter he wrote to Negan?

12. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Not sure, I was thinking about the letter Michonne was talking about in the beginning of the episode.

13. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    You are right, Guess I wasn't paying close attention.
    and who taught Jadis how to tie people up, I don't think I've seen a worse restraint job than the one she put on Negan.

14. chris

chris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX460
    current season is one of the worst so far

15. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    I vote 7 the worst season.

Season 8 episode 15,
    Not a good time to be Simon or Dwight.
    If only Rick was half as good at planning as Negan.

Did Rosita get through to Eugene?

16. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Interesting are we thinking the same thing here, the final statement on the face of it seems pretty much like Eugen has chosen to side with Negan and give him the ammo needed to finish Rick's group off. On the other hand he did spend an awful lot of time detailing how easy it would be to sabotage the ammo, seems very unlike Eugen to do that given that he is clearly a pathological coward who is only doing what he can for his survival. It would be a nice redemption for a character who was one of my favs in season 4 and 5 but who I have come to hate over S7 to the point that I wanted Daryl to put an arrow in him and be done with it in the last episode.

17. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Eugene did stop Negan from using Sasha as a weapon against Rick last season. Now, I find it strange that he would put Father Gabriel in charge of sorting the bullets. What would happen if Gab coughed on or did not sort the bullets correctly?

18. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Season 8 final, Wrath all-out war left me disappointed after the 2 seasons buildup.
    Also, did Rick even bother to discuss with the Hilltop and Kingdom how best to punish Negans for his crimes.

19. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    Maggie should have been allowed to have her way with Negan after what azzhole did to her husband/father of their baby!!!

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Well they sort of followed the comics with this conclusion... but let me tell you, the comics did the whole Negan War a hundred times better (and I'm not even exaggerating). It's sad because JDM is a great actor, but he couldn't portray Negan properly (it's not his fault, language censorship and bad writing). As a fan of both TV shows and comics I have to admit that quality dropped dramatically in this season. Horrific writing, pacing, nonsensical plot lines and holes, characters vanishing for no reason for several episodes. An last, but not least, way too much annoying political BS that was definitely not as visible in the early seasons, but I guess this comes with the times we live in.

I'll give AMC a break this time though, because I love The Terror and think it's a brilliant series that they came out with this year. So they CAN put out quality content when they want to.