The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    If I would have been Andrea I would have stolen his car while he was busy.

2. Halfmead

Halfmead Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d twin 1660ti
    Pretty sure i'd not want to be in that particular chair...

3. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Yea I was thinking she'd jump in his truck. I liked the episode but I don't see how with only 2 episodes left they can get in much of the war between the two camps. I think it'd be kinda cool if some people from Woodbury would split off and there be three camps.

4. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    I thought that at first but realized he must have had the keys.

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Umm, may get the series on DVD not seen an episode yet! Looks like I've been missing out.

6. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Since Rick's character was in law enforcement I would really like to hear your opinion on how Rick deals with the many issues that crop up.
    I have to watch on DVD too, and the bad thing is that the DVDs are released soooooo long after the season has ended.

7. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I saw some leaked screenshots of the outcome of this season, a lot of which I thought would of happened last episode but it hasn't yet.

I won't say what, but I will say this:
    Something to do with Merle happens

Whole episode was really being stretched to fill an hour. Even the camera angles were cliche and would tip you off too quick to what was about to happen.

8. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    As if the last one was not bad enough, this episode has to win a medal for the longest boring filler piece of crap ever.

What a waste, next one probably be rubbish to and end with a big bang. Must be some point to this tactic to keep the viewer spike at the end or something.

9. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    This is the type of stuff that bothers me about a zombie apocalypse survival show - nobody does it "like a boss" when their about to get eaten.
    On a different note, I'll be happier when this dude "does" get eaten.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. sounar

sounar Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI SC
    no not Merle!!!

11. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    It wasn't what happened to Merl that got to me, it was Darls reaction. If you've lost someone that close before, I'm sure you felt the same.

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Great episode, but very sad of the outcome.

Even though Merle was kind of a dick most of the time, he was a great character. At least he took with him like 8 dudes of the Gov's, he died well.

13. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Not going to lie. I enjoy every character that dies in TWD because of my lack of affection to them, but I didn't want to happen what happened :wanker:

14. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I have the show on dvd but some times I get annoyed on how the military wasn't able to control it and literally got their butts handed to them which is unrealistic and how the survivors complained about ammo shortage while at the beginning there was tons just laying around.

15. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    We only know of the local military getting overwhelmed...as for that last episode I saw it coming for Merle but it was still damn good. I think I'm gonna be dissapointed with the finale because I doubt the things I would like to see won't happen...yet.

16. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    They need some new writers ASAP.

If I was the guy playing Merle, I would also want off the show. All he was doing was hanging around taking the blame for everyone and never developing his character beyond some pseudo-badass.

The good news is, Game of Thrones starts again in two days; now if I can only remember the twenty plot threads....

17. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    [​IMG]

The whole thing with Rick briefly considering handing over Michonne was sloppy writing, in no way would he be both consider doing it or actually give Merle the time of day. They could of easily just wrote that Merle refuses to wait any longer, hears word of the The Governor wanting Michonne and takes her over there to try to get close enough to kill him. I don't think they needed to kill him off if he could of actually redeemed himself, but they've always said they have no problem killing off any cast member to keep the series on edge (or obviously if fan backlash would be so high they wouldn't have good ratings anymore, in which, certain characters will be kept alive)

The whole wedding proposal thing was in there just to soften the blow of Merle dying, they always have at least one happier moment for every bad moment in show writing. Glenn is possibly already setup to die as he does eventually die the comic, but much later in the series. And

The baby does die in the comic, and that's another show writing thing I've noticed. It's fun to write the pregnancy, the birth and the first month with babies, after that they're always put off to the side to the point where they barely even exist because there's not much to write beyond that.

18. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  19. Assassino

Assassino Member Guru

GPU:
    650 Ti BOOST OC
    A tear ran down my cheek when I saw
    Merle die
    :(

but mostly because of Daryl's reaction