The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    We don't really care for the characters or whether they die right now, this third season really caused a disconnect.

Doesn't help when they have a filler episode like this past one (look at how much time was spent getting to and from the prison, none of it was necessary).

I'm going to take a stab here and guess that the cliffhanger for this season will be rick and the town leader pointing guns at each other with rick's son in danger somehow (or something along these lines); anyone want to take me on?

2. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    Anyone see friction coming between Rick and Carl over Hershals' blonde daughter? It seems she looks at Rick a certain way, and Carl looks at her in the same manner. I'd love to see a running gun battle down the halls of the prison between father and son.

Hopefully, after they pop each other a few times, Olivia Munns' character mud wrestles Andrea for group dominance.

3. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Yeah that was an awkward moment when she kissed him on the cheek and she's constantly shown with the baby (they might just be saying she's just taking over the mother role of the baby and that kiss was part of it though). I could actually see them doing some weird **** like Rick mistakes her for Lori and Carl gets pissed. I can't see anything beyond that though.

4. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    OMFG, such an awesome episode last night. spoiler-I am so happy(and sad) that they followed up with Morgan. I really think Rick sees the path to crazy town he is heading down in Morgan. I think this will be a wake up call for him.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Good episode, I was waiting for this moment for over 2 seaosons. I'm just sad of the outcome
    since I really hoped that Morgan will eventually join the group, but seeing how far gone he is that would propably not have been doable. Great acting though, and maybe just maybe there is still a possibility for Morgan to show up in the heat of a fututre battle and save the day now that he knows Ricks whereabouts.

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Only issue I had with the episode was the distance travelled, in the first and towards the end of the second season it was made out that they had difficulty in travelling large distances but it still gave the impression that they had travelled at least some mileage but this episode made it look like the prison was just round the corner, that they had travlled no distance at all. Which in turn begs the question if the prison was so close how come they juts seemed to stumbled upon it at the start of the third season, surely Rick should have know about it (he's a cop after all) and how come they never thought of trying to go there sooner?

7. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    That's a good point that I wondered about too...seemed too easy and fast to get there. Freakin great episode though.

8. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i had to rewatch the pilot episode to understand the deal with the crazy black man

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's nice to see them finally traveling around again and briefly breaking away from the boring inter-city drama. The hitchhiker was a nice touch.

10. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Indeed it showed just how cold and hard bitten the group had become.

11. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Best episode of recent time.

The travel distance did seem a bit weird.

But I guess map-wise, if it's all in Georgia, everything is within a couple hour drive...

I get the feeling that there are less zombies now, and that finally people are realizing that the zombies are retarded and easy to deal with.

-scheherazade

12. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Well, I heard that they wanted Lennie James (they guy who played Morgan) back in the 2nd season, but he was busy doing something else so he wasn't able to. I forget they have to write around what the actors are up to sometimes.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Morgan_Jones_(TV_Series)

Amazing writing, dialog and performance out of him.

13. sounar

sounar Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI SC
    Well my thoughts on Morgan, they are keeping him in his and Rick's family hometown all this while for a reason....as we saw from the last episode he does not have a bad gig going on with all those traps and weapons supply. My idea is much later on in the show the group will revisit the town and realize their home town is completely ridden of zombies as Morgan has been trapping and burning them, so eventually they will move back to their hometown thanks to his cleansing of their home town.

14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    The show is weird, it gives the impression that

a). The group has travelled some amount of distance and
    b). That they have been at it for ages

but in two episodes they have basically shown that the group have really travelled very little distance at all and it seems that it has only been around a year since the outbreak (at least that's what the governor seemed to suggest when he was talking to Rick.)

Anyway really liked the latest episode, not much walker action but the tension between Rick and the Governor was awesome while at the same time you had the two groups out side just paling up and trying to get on together.

The only problem I am finding now is that the Governor has become to predictable, if he says he wants to do a deal you know fine well he's gonna break it, everything he says he would do or not do has ended with him going against his word. Saying that I really have no idea what Rick going to do.

15. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I think it shows that while they have been forced to keep moving a lot(before the prison) that it was not actually far away.

16. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I feel like there wasn't enough tension last episode, from everyone. You had Rick and The Governor, each of which said enough to warrant one killing the other on the spot. Then you had people outside, mingling, like it was some school dance that had the kids from downtown mingle with the uptown. I get what they're saying, that the people of both groups don't want to be at war, but the Governor is forcing it. And the prison, Rick has left 3 people that could be trouble alone together; Michonne, Glenn and Merle. Sure, he couldn't actually take any of those people with him, but I'd expect more than a struggle that they all walked away from.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  17. sounar

sounar Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI SC
    poor Andrea...... =/

18. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Only two episodes left....time to cram everything in..."next season on AMC's The Walking Dead"
    The last few episode were kinda boring.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I like the Gov' lately, even though he is insane, he is insane with style. :mad3:

20. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    This episode was depressing... I really wanted Andrea to escape. But The Gove comes out of nowhere and grabs her? I thought that was cheesy and cliche. They should have showed some scenes of him escaping that building and pursuing her to make it more plausible.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013