The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Plot Armor

2. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I know they like to claim The Walking Dead is different in that they will kill off main characters if they have to, but the backlash by fans from killing off someone like Daryl would be huge. I guess the original comic only has about 2 of the original group still alive though.

3. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Actually it was quite realistic shooting. Under heavy fire normal people get extremely panic and shooting back at enemy isn't as easy as it is in Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare. Maybe it's more like in ARMA II :D So the scene was fine but also frustrating.

4. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Yes and no.

You're supposed to have someone spam to suppress, while another takes aim on the suppressed targets.
    Then when the targets come up again, the person with ready aim can land some good hits.

The first shot being dead-on was fine, since the assailant had time to take aim before opening.

After that, the spam was fine, but unlikely given the ammo constraints.

If the Governor was really that chill, he would have been taking some well placed shots, and not spamming.

The only part that just seemed bad, was the shooting at the tower-guy. He was so damn close.
    All it would have taken is pre-positioning yourself to shoot, leaning out, and it's over for him. Big target like that, just standing out in the open, with people all-around him that can shoot up at him, he shouldn't have lasted that long.

IMO

But still more believable than the countless zombie head shots.

-scheherazade

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

5. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Did anyone else notice near the end when the Governor of Woodbury is just leaving and he shoots the zombie in the head, it is the same zombie that goes after Rick 2 mins later after he runs out of ammo :D

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm starting to feel that this show is running out of steam and that the writers are having trouble imagining new content. Hence the switch to human camp vs human camp... just like every other sci-fi show does when they run out of steam with their native enemy.

The Walking Dead game's plot is tons better since it actually moves forward.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Um correct me if I am wrong but didn't the game do the EXACT same thing, survivors hold up in camp (the motel area), some stuff happens that gets the back up of another near by human camp (The bandits and Ben doing a deal to supply Bandits with drugs), that human camp attacks the survivors, zombies attack while this is going on, survivors are then forced to move on...

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The difference being is that it was the subplot of the episode, not the main plot for a friggin season.

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Imo the show's quality has increased a ton since s1+2. I'm sure that if they had a bigger budget they would come up with more elaborate plots and locations but so far, for me at least, the show is on the right path.

Regarding the shooting scenes, what annoys me slightly is the lack of recoil especially when it comes to handguns.

10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Well some would say it was never about the zombies, it's about how people would survive if the world were to end. Lord of the Flies. For that matter, everyone seems to be on a survival kick lately (me too). The show still follows the original comic close enough to get a vague idea of what happens next as far as setting and people, but obviously they mix it up a bit.

11. scheherazade

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Same general events took place in the comic books, but some of the characters are switched around. (Including the human v human part with the jail and town.)

-scheherazade

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Personally, I never read the comic books and don't care to.

Right now, I really don't care which "side/town" wins or loses; because at this point the show isn't moving forward and the current characters just aren't likable enough for me to care if they live or die.

13. scheherazade

GPU:
    fullHDs
    That's good and all.

In any case, the writers didn't come up with the story. They're just adapting it to TV.

-scheherazade

14. 4chmob

4chmob Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 7950 Double D
    hmm have to admit for the first time I was not satisfied with this episode....too much pointless talk and music not enough action!

ACTION ACTION ACTION

15. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Oh yea, it was never a battle against zombies... but a battle for survival.

16. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    At the end, I kept waiting for the governer to get up and grab Andrea's arm.. but it never happened. A very suspensful moment. Overall, didn't get much satisfaction from the episode.

17. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Episode was boring.

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    The making of the "guardian angel" scene was nice. :D

19. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I thought it was one of the better episodes, but then again I like the interactions between them all and wondering how it'll play out.

Now with Tyreese and his group being new members of Woodbury you have wonder if they'll side with The Governor because they're pissed Rick threw them out, or if they'll end up helping Rick because his boy saved their lives.

20. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    It can't be all action...otherwise you wouldn't care about the characters and whether they die or how they're suffering in that new world.