The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
  2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I'm behind I think. What number episode are we on now? Was episode 8 the season finale?

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Episode 8 is the mid-season finale. Itll be back feb 10 iirc

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Okay, I am gonna throw this one out there. I am rewatching Season 2 and to be honest it isn't as bad as I remember it being.

The usual complaints

- Too slow
    - Not enough Zombies
    - To much character bitching over nothing

Some how watching episodes back to back kinda works well, dunno if having watched season 3 is adding some context to the characters we see in season 2 but I am enjoying it a whole lot more than I did first time through.

5. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I never understood the complaints about season 2...it was great. Shane's spiral down was awesome and many of the things he did were right IMO. And the incident in the bar with the 2 guys, Rick was awesome in that scene. The barn scene with Sophia was probably the best scene in the entire series.

6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    The production or the way they filmed it (like camera angles) has gotten better. Anyone noticed that? It feels more like movie quality scenes now instead of a TV show.
    When those new people were running through the forest, I was wondering what show I was watching...and then the zombies shows up. I was like...this IS the Walking Dead right?

7. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Well I had to go and find this thread but anyway show was back on Sunday anyone see it what you think?

Sorry to see Daryl go off with Meryl and the two leaders of the different camps going mad in their own ways, could be interesting

8. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    the show has a couple directors afaik.

9. 4chmob

4chmob Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 7950 Double D
    poor rick is tweaking out, not surprised tho that man has been through some ****!

10. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I predict Tyrese will step up & protect the group when the Governor attacks. & maybe Daryl will show up to help.
    We will see. I really love this show.

11. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Anyone else thought: "Waow they can't aim for sh*t"?

12. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    This.

I was like...nothing is happening...or this is poorly directed and it's just filler because they didn't know how to stretch it out for 45 minutes.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Im going to wait for all the remaining episodes of series 3 to come out and watch them all at once.

14. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I recall a lot of episodes feeling stretched, great show but can feel slow paced.

15. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    That's not a good idea. Not that waiting for episode every week isn't painful but you are risking lots of spoilers if are not careful.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Well the last night's episode was a bit boring at first but then towards the end awesome level went over 9000! Wow, I really hope Rick will get his **** together after this...

The episodes are way too short at ~40 mins, it's like teaser after teaser. It is worth it though, season 3 is by far the best one yet.

17. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I don't mind the pacing so far. I guess the way they all interact is more interesting to me than zombies. I love how they've created this big, almost love triangle of hate with Merle. Merle could care less about anyone, everyone wants to kill him, the only thing standing in each others way is his brother Daryl and now they all share the common enemy of The Governor.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i know what you mean i just wont read the thread:)

19. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Anyone think it's great how they arrived slightly divide tired and this was the last stand to find somewhere safe to rest, how they managed to secure it and it should have been the safe haven for the group to regroup and recover and that they are instead more tired and divided than ever?

20. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I think that firefight is more realistic though. I never understood how they always down walkers with headshots so easy. And since the recent episodes firefight was with other humans it's realistic that they would miss a lot.