1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, my brother has already decided by then he will likely to of forgotten why he was watching it by then.

Not abnormal though, nearly every US TV show i've ever watched does this, the only one that didn't was 24, and they started that in January, rather than in the Autumn where most other shows started a new season.

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    First show I've seen do it.

Most finish a season, not cut it in half like that. Then again I don't watch much normal TV. Boardwalk Empire better not pull this ****. :p

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Big budget shows like BB would never something like this, but then again it's also only one episode left for this season. :p

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Having a break in the season would kind of defeat the purpose of BB, it needs to run straight through.

Its not uncommon for shows to go on hiatus for one week, I have found, at least those shows in the US. It must annoy viewers and confuse them about when they will be on next.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The continuation of Walking dead series 2 is back on,aired on the 12th feb,i wonder if big bad Merl will ever make a re-appearance....gonna sit down and watch this tonight with the wife.

6. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Another boring episode, but it could be worse.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    90% of TV is boring for me,this is the only thing i watch tbh along with The Apprentice that comes around once a year.

8. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    It seems hating on this show is the "cool" thing to do, for me it's one of the best shows on TV right now. I'm guessing the people who are finding it "boring" just want 100% Zombie killing with no story or character building.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Great show.

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, it does seem like hating on it is the trendy thing to do.

The first season was better, especially the first half, but that was because it had 6 episodes.
    Personally i also preferred it as it felt more isolated due to having less characters.

New season is still very watchable though.

11. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    There's only a few shows airing right now that make me really want to see next weeks episode, and Walking Dead is one of them.

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Which is why, generally I don't take other peoples opinions on such shows. You just have to check them out for yourself and see if you like it.

People have very different tastes in TV shows also so you have to take that into consideration.

I don't want to say anything related to the story as there are some of you that haven't seen this new episode yet.

13. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    The episode was so-so throughout much of it, some of it hitting the mark, some of it missing, then the whole Lori thing stank like rotten writing, but the last 15 minutes with Rene from True Blood was absolutely spectacular. The tension was amazing, the acting was awesome, and just all around wow.

14. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Master Guru

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    ah, this old thread surfaces again. Yeah, I've totally given up on this show! If you've read the thread up to this point you'll see that all the creative goodness has left the building in favour of red-neck character development!

PS: My idea of a red-neck is sb who would never be on this forum and lets face none of the chars in this show would be doing that!

Tried to watch the latest episode - felt sleepy!

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Slightly racist against red-necks don't you think, they should be allowed character development just as much as everyone else lol.

Anyone who wouldn't be on a tech forum is a red-neck, really???

This is a zombie apocalypse show, that means no technology.
    What were you wanting, a scene with someone writing a post about how much DRM sucks zombies break down the door.

16. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    The entire second seasons content just seems stretched entirely too thin. A lot of repetition in actions and conversation, often longer than needed moments of characters going in and out of shots, and just general pacing issues throughout. I have no plans to stop watching it, but it's not getting me very excited to watch anymore. I found myself enjoying Hell on Wheels quite a bit more to be honest, but it could just as easily take a nose dive in it's second season I suppose.

17. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    this,

quit your winging racists crap and shut up.

/rant

looking forward to the new season :)

18. Masterblaster79

Masterblaster79 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570
    Just wanted to say that the actor that plays Herschel (sp?) does an amazing job.

19. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    I enjoy the show, not a big fan of Dale, but I don't think the show has "jumped the shark" yet. The actor who plays Hershel is Scott Wilson btw. I think Glenn should get a little more edgy after the bar scene. It was cool seeing Rene but uncool what they did to his character so soon. I didn't even reveal any spoilers, ha.

20. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Master Guru

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    @ redemption80 & allesclar??? How am I being racist? I know you are both ancient guru's and all but I'm actually having trouble with this! I do pride myself on not being a racist and many of my best friends are from foreign ethnicities! Think what you like about me, whatever I guess! But can you explain to me if you believe their is actually no such thing as red-necks or if you think none of the characters in the show are red-necks? Just a question! And to clarify my point a little I don't see how any of the characters on the show would find themselves on a graphics card forum, even before the zombie apocalypse! I'm not trying to cause an argument, I'm just genuinely concerned that I may have offended ACTUAL American people!