The Walking Dead (The Game)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, May 1, 2011.

1. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    It sure keeps getting better!!! I think I might even like this game!

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The download was big for part 2. I'm not 100% sure but it appears that the audio files for Episode 1 have also been updated (higher quality?).

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Gonna get into episode 2 later this evening when it gets dark!

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Episode 2 is good so far but the visual polish is somewhat tarnished by silly presentation issues such as sudden jumps/jerks in some of the cutscenes and dialogue scenes. Also objects sometimes suddenly appear or disappear such as a petrol can in one cutscene I was watching. Transitions between the cutscenes sometimes don't flow as well as they should either, taking a second or two longer than they should making some of the drama feel a little stilted and forced. It's a shame really that these issues exist because I found they do distract from what is otherwise a surprisngly cool licensed game where I really feel the impact of each decision I make.

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Wow, great game. Fantastic writing, voice acting, and an engrossing story. The simple matter of choosing responses carries great weight here. Nice work, Telltale!

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Not usually my type of game but I really enjoyed this and cant wait for ep3.

7. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    Episode 3 is available on Steam now.

8. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    Love it, this game really makes you think to how you would react in similar situations... A shame I finished episode 3 already...

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    just bought the game......

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    yay...New episode...Cant resisst, must go and buy, noooaaawwwwwwww...

THX for heads up :)

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I started Episode 2 shortly after I'd downloaded it last month but forgot about it totally until I saw the Steam had downloaded something today. It turned out to be Episode 3 so I played Episodes 2 and 3 back to back. Absolutely loved it. It's not a difficult game to complete but the many interesting characters, bleak atmosphere and situations you find yourself in just keep compelling you to play on. I actually felt disappointed when Episode 3 ended with a trailer for the next part. Dammit, I want to play it now, you hear me, now, NOW, NOW!!!

Seriously, if you've not bought this game yet but are a fan of The Walking Dead comic or TV series then this is a must have. And unlike other point 'n' click games this one has replayability because the decisions you make affect what happens next. It's amazing. Only a few silly glitches like Lee stopping dead when he hits the many invisible barriers, an invisible Duck being held by his mother at one point, the lacklustre sound quality and some extremely poor lip-synching tarnish what is otherwise a very well made and enthralling adventure game. 9/10 from me so far. Definitely Telltale's best game to date and a vast improvement on Jurassic Park, which wasn't all bad but was definitely not up to the standard of this game.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah its a good game,the only problem i have with it is that releasing this in episodes each month or two breaks the immersion and interest for me,i dont know why they dont just make the whole game and release it as a whole game,because of this im going to wait for all episodes 2-5 until i start playing it again.

13. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I just started episode one and I'm noticing some pretty violent hitching during cut scenes, it's not constant but it happens pretty much every time. Is this a known issue with the game?

14. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    Have been wanting to buy this game but I also eventually want to start watching the series (haven't seen any episodes yet)

If I play the game before watching Season 1 will it have any spoilers? Or are they completely separate stories?

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    They are completely separate stories. The TV show is based on the book, as is the game, but all are different.

EDIT: I meant comic :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yes, the TV show sort of follows the comic series. With the same characters, and overall same story arcs. There are differences... such as in some different characters, changes to how certain story elements play out.
    But, the comic and show focus on Rick, his family and group of survivors. Both are worth checking out as they each have their own play on the events making them both rather gripping.

The game by Telltale features a brand new cast of characters (though, at times, using a few existing characters from the comic) and tells it's own unique story.
    You don't need to know the comic or the TV show to get the most out of the video game.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    The game is awesome, initially I wanted to wait until all episodes are out but I gave in.. played through and enjoyed every bit, and now I can't wait for the last 2 episodes... :D

Also read that there will be another Walking Dead game by Telltale in the same episodic manner after they are done with the last episodes of the first. :nerd:

18. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Just finished episode one and it's pretty good, at first I was like "where's the action?" but once I got out of that mindset and treated it more like a TV show I controlled I started to enjoy it a lot more.

19. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    This Game is great...it has all the stuff i search for in an game, good story, shockers, awesome moments, decisions that can make ur life harder in an other episode etc etc..

This is teh Best Game Tell Tale Games ever made..If not the best c&p adventure ever...

im sooo looking forward to the new episode :)

Also the game has tonn of replay value, since every decision changes the game...

-BetA-

20. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    Episode 4 is out now!